Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Montegriffo

Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:55 am

Otern wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Saying I was only joking after getting caught is not a valid defence.
"Sure I pulled a knife on the old lady and said give me all your money.....but I was only joking.
Watch the video. In it's he's saying he's teaching the dog this because it's the least cutest thing he can think of. And end it with saying he's not a nazi, and just doing it for laughs.

There's absolutely no way that video can be misconstrued as "hate speech", even for people that support these kinds of laws. Sending this guy in jail for this, sets a precedent to send people like John Cleese in jail, or just about anyone that has made nazi jokes. Pretty sure anyone on this forum could be sent to jail, when this guy gets it. You included.

Hell, Prince Harry dressed as a nazi at a party once, do he get to go to jail too?

Noone was actually offended, but the police just found a tattooed up guy and thought "hey, I hate his smug face, let's ruin him".
Lots of people were offended. Members of the Jewish council of great Britain were extremely offended.
If you can't see teaching a dog to react to " do you want to gas the Jews"
As offensive I don't know what to say. What next, teach your dog to bite black men?
And nobody is going to jail for this. Stop clutching your pearls everyone.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Otern

Post by Otern » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:56 am

Montegriffo wrote: Sentencing is next month and he will likely get a fine or community service.
He's not going to jail for this so everyone can stop overreacting like this is a police state where you can't tell a joke anymore.
No. Now you're blatantly wrong. I didn't consider Britain a police state until today, but this is fucking it. This is how a police state operates. It doesn't matter if he's not going to jail, any punishment, or even fucking prosecution for this is what qualifies for a police state.

Britain is still rather nice and all, for a police state. But it's definitely a police state now.

It's not even about "hate speech", because it's pretty fucking clear the guy didn't make that video to rile up the masses towards the jews, or deny the holocaust or anything like that. The police simply found a guy they didn't like, and made him suffer.' The authorities couldn't afford to look weak, which is why they didn't pull the charges, and the judicial system obviously is a part of it, which is why he got convicted. This is how fascism starts. Just the blind trust in authority.

Can you honestly watch THAT video, and think he should be punished in ANY way whatsoever for it?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:01 am

Otern wrote:
Montegriffo wrote: Sentencing is next month and he will likely get a fine or community service.
He's not going to jail for this so everyone can stop overreacting like this is a police state where you can't tell a joke anymore.
No. Now you're blatantly wrong. I didn't consider Britain a police state until today, but this is fucking it. This is how a police state operates. It doesn't matter if he's not going to jail, any punishment, or even fucking prosecution for this is what qualifies for a police state.

Britain is still rather nice and all, for a police state. But it's definitely a police state now.

It's not even about "hate speech", because it's pretty fucking clear the guy didn't make that video to rile up the masses towards the jews, or deny the holocaust or anything like that. The police simply found a guy they didn't like, and made him suffer.' The authorities couldn't afford to look weak, which is why they didn't pull the charges, and the judicial system obviously is a part of it, which is why he got convicted. This is how fascism starts. Just the blind trust in authority.

Can you honestly watch THAT video, and think he should be punished in ANY way whatsoever for it?
Ah, I didn't realize you were in court for this and are in possession of all the facts. I assumed you were just triggered by a YouTube video like everyone else.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Otern

Post by Otern » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:05 am

Montegriffo wrote: Lots of people were offended. Members of the Jewish council of great Britain were extremely offended.
As offensive I don't know what to say. What next, teach your dog to bite black men?
What in the serious fucking hell man?

You see there's a difference in teaching a dog to make a salute as an obvious joke, and teaching and using a dog to cause physical harm towards people.

Pretty fucking huge difference. Can you honestly say you've never made a joke in public, where some group might have been offended?

I'd think you'd at least see how this is an example of "hate speech" taken WAY to far, but you're actually defending the conviction of this guy?

Otern

Post by Otern » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:13 am

Montegriffo wrote: Ah, I didn't realize you were in court for this and are in possession of all the facts. I assumed you were just triggered by a YouTube video like everyone else.
Oh please. Enlighten me.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-gla ... t-36251698

This is the video he's being prosecuted for posting on the internet. That's it. Unless you can provide evidence he did anything ELSE than post this silly video on youtube, Britain is a police state, because both the police, and the police loving media will have a pretty hard incentive to provide more information if it was something else entirely.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:17 am

Otern wrote:
Montegriffo wrote: Lots of people were offended. Members of the Jewish council of great Britain were extremely offended.
What in the serious fucking hell man?

You see there's a difference in teaching a dog to make a salute as an obvious joke, and teaching and using a dog to cause physical harm towards people.

Pretty fucking huge difference. Can you honestly say you've never made a joke in public, where some group might have been offended?

I'd think you'd at least see how this is an example of "hate speech" taken WAY to far, but you're actually defending the conviction of this guy?
I'll await the sentencing before I endorse this prosecution fully. Teaching his dog to Nazi salute is not really the problem, posting it on YouTube and leaving it up till it has 3 million views is poor taste, offensive to minorities and worthy of a small fine IMO.
Otherwise every real Nazi will just claim they were joking when they post "kill all Jews".

Otern

Post by Otern » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:28 am

Montegriffo wrote: I'll await the sentencing before I endorse this prosecution fully. Teaching his dog to Nazi salute is not really the problem, posting it on YouTube and leaving it up till it has 3 million views is poor taste, offensive to minorities and worthy of a small fine IMO.
Otherwise every real Nazi will just claim they were joking when they post "kill all Jews".
You don't see the difference? When a real nazi tells someone to "kill all jews" that's a direct incitement to violence. It's CLEARLY not what this man is doing. And he's specifically pointing that out two times in the video.

He's using "gas the jews" and "sieg heil" as a cue that's totally meaningless for a dog, but will make him react in a certain way that some might find funny, others offensive.

Hell, you even had the words "kill all jews" in your quote to prove a point. It's an offensive combination of words, but you're clearly not calling for the murder of all jews. This is the exact same thing as what he did, but he did it with a dog, and let people see it. Nazis aren't going to watch that video and think "Oh yeah, that pug owner, who looks like a hard core left winger, surely is onto something here, gassing the jews sounds like a good idea, let me spread the word". I would guess your regular nazi would be more offended by that video than your regular jew, as he's actually comparing dogs to nazis.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:31 am

Hopefully the police will finally arrest John Cleese for all the times he imitated Adolf Hitler in comedy sketches as well.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:41 am

Montegriffo wrote:
BjornP wrote:
Montegriffo wrote: Actually I do under British law
I have the right to not be a victim of a hate crime.
If this guy wanted to make a joke for his girlfriend why did he post it on YouTube and leave it up till it had 3 million views? He could just demonstrate it live to her in the privacy of his own home.
The court decided there was more to it than a little joke for his girlfriend.

Sentencing is next month and he will likely get a fine or community service.
I gather you must love Russia's "gay propaganda" law. In Russia homosexuals aren't allowed to speak publicly about being homosexual, nor are any (positive) depictions of homosexuals allowed. Gayness is very offensive to Russians, you see.
If this was a Muslim cleric making jokes about blowing up children at a pop concert would it be ok?
No country in the world lets its citizens have completely free speech without risk of prosecution.
Is masking racism in humour somehow no longer racism?
So long as the penalty is proportional I have no problem with prosecuting hate speech whether the accused pretends it is a joke or not.
You're such an insufferable cunt. You fucking deserve what's coming to you.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:55 am

BjornP wrote: I gather you must love Russia's "gay propaganda" law. In Russia homosexuals aren't allowed to speak publicly about being homosexual, nor are any (positive) depictions of homosexuals allowed. Gayness is very offensive to Russians, you see.
It's not omptimum, but Russia appears to be OK with it and their are far worse laws that violate human rights on this blue marble
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience