Europe, Boring Until it's Not

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:52 am

It does take a lot of crops to feed animals. But that’s what makes them so efficient as a good source. You’re essentially packing a small field of grains and grasses into a pound of meat.

Imagine the damage from shipping, packaging, and selling all of our animal feed into grocery stores. They would need to at least double in size.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:03 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:It does take a lot of crops to feed animals. But that’s what makes them so efficient as a good source. You’re essentially packing a small field of grains and grasses into a pound of meat.

Imagine the damage from shipping, packaging, and selling all of our animal feed into grocery stores. They would need to at least double in size.
Then there's the greenhouse gases in livestock burps and manure compared to CO2 consuming plants.
Like almost all issues this is not a black v white matter which is why I argue for a reduction in meat consumption and an end to inhumane farming practises not an end to meat consumption altogether.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:20 pm

We should all just be hunter-gatherers. :)
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:36 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:

That's a pretty horrible demographic to use as an example. NFL players are pretty unhealthy as a general rule. Many of them are obese on purpose.

Furthermore, I never said it was impossible. I said it was quite impractical for the average person to do this long term without health consequences down the line. It's also very expensive to do it correctly.

On an individual level, with money not a concern, sure. On a societal level. LOL no.
Cost comes down with a change in favour of plant food over animal. Currently protein is grown in huge amounts to feed to animals. Vegans are cutting out the middleman.
My compromise is to eat cheese and eggs but no meat.

You still have all kinds of nutritional deficits that have to be balanced and dealt with. The average American today is fucking fat and very unhealthy. You are talking about encouraging them to adopt an even riskier diet if not done right. Most vegans are not healthy at all. The blood work tells the truth. Long term, it's not a great option unless you have a lot of time to devote to it and no exactly what you are doing.

It's better to eat the way humans evolved to eat.

Zoos don't feed gorillas what the lions eat, and the lions what the giraffes eat.

The weirdest thing about vegans is that, at the heart of the matter, they share that Protestant worldview whereby humans are like these dark, fallen creatures completely separate from nature. The fact is, you are an animal just like lions, gorillas, and giraffes. There's a certain macronutritional and micronutritional requirement that your body needs. You can pretend to be a giraffe all day, but you are still a hominid.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:45 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:The average American today is fucking fat and very unhealthy.
The average American is not a vegan. Eating healthily is important, no one is going to argue with that. There is not just one way to eat healthily.
I've not eaten meat for 33 years, I'm a lot smaller than the average American. Yeast extract (marmite) gives me all the B vitamins I need. It is possible for both sides to eat well, education not dogma is the answer.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:48 pm

And seriously don't use unhealthy people as exemplars of your diet. I like, for instance, the way powerlifters can lift enormous weights, but as a general rule those guys are unhealthy are fuck. Likewise, I am impressed with how male physique competitors can cut fat down to like 5% body fat, but at the same time, their level of malnutrition itself does not impress me.

This is Eugene Sandow:

This was the beginning of modern strength sports. When this guy was around in the 1890s, gymnastics, bodybuilding, strong man, and powerlifting were pretty much all the same thing. There were no steroids. No HGH. No PEDs whatsoever. What he did was completely 100% natural. That's the ideal, given perfect genetics like he had, and for most of us, our potential falls a bit short of his own. That said, here are some interesting comments he made about diet:
“I am myself no believer in a special diet, still less in a rigid one, as necessary while training. The old nonsense on this subject, about raw eggs and underdone meat, seems to be passing away, and more rational views now prevail. I eat whatever I have a taste for, without stinting myself unduly; nor do I restrict myself seriously in what I drink. Commonly, I abjure anything intoxicating, confining myself mostly to beer and light wines. Tea and coffee I never suffer myself to touch. All I impose upon my appetites is that they shall be temperately indulged.” – Eugen Sandow, System of Physical Training
“What has struck me, in the case of American living, is its generousness – a quality which however good in its way, is not always wise in itself, or fairly dealt with by those who are permitted to minister to it. In matters of the table, the popular habit appears to be, to get the best that money can buy, and have lots of it; forgetting that the dearer meats are often not the most nourishing, and that the plainer foods are the wholesomest, and, where moderately partaken of, are easiest of digestion, as well as the most strengthening.” Eugen Sandow, System of Physical Training

It's right there, man. This guy achieved his maximal genetic potential naturally. He figured it out. If you want to be healthy, read up.

https://wolfandiron.com/eugen-sandow-pa ... -exercise/

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:18 pm

Sneaky German bastards will stop at nothing to make Frankfurt the banking capital of Europe...
London City Airport is still closed today as disposal experts work to make safe a WWII bomb which was found in the Thames nearby.

The device was found on Sunday and a cordon put up late that evening after discussions between the Royal Navy and Metropolitan Police.

Transport for London said Docklands Light Railway services will not run between Pontoon Dock and Woolwich Arsenal owing to the 214-metre (700ft) exclusion zone.

The discovery was made as survey work was carried out as part of the airport's £480 million expansion programme. A spokesman said the device remains under water and is likely to be removed on Monday night, with the aim of reopening the airport on Tuesday.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/transpo ... 63921.html

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:29 pm

PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:37 pm

Still got the SS Richard Montgomery to worry about too.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/81610 ... rning-bomb

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:47 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Still got the SS Richard Montgomery to worry about too.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/81610 ... rning-bomb
Thousands of tons? Tsunami? What is this, the British Enquirer?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0