Europe, Boring Until it's Not

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Europe, boring until it's not

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:45 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:

Welcome to multiethnic paradise, cousins!
That's one hell of a title on the video. Trolled me right into watching it.

Germans buying pepper spray. Let me know when they're stocking up 20m firearms per year.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Penner

Post by Penner » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:40 pm

Interesting article about near misses in the UK military and the US telling the UK to keep their cockpit windows clean. That advice to me sounds like a no brainier:
The US Air Force (USAF) has urged its UK-based pilots to keep cockpit windows clean to avoid mid-air collisions with civilian aircraft.

RAF Lakenheath-based USAF F-15 jets were involved in 19 near-misses with UK aircraft in the past five years.

An F-15 pilot from the Suffolk base was recently praised after spotting a glider by eyesight rather than radar and avoiding a collision.
The USAF said its pilots were trained to fly in a "vigilant state".

The near-miss in April happened when a pair of low-flying F-15s came close to a glider over the Black Mountains near Hereford.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-suffolk-42063835

Also, the link has a chart that details the near misses with both military/militiary and military/civilian near misses from 2013-2016.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:47 pm

Penner wrote:Interesting article about near misses in the UK military and the US telling the UK to keep their cockpit windows clean. That advice to me sounds like a no brainier:
The US Air Force (USAF) has urged its UK-based pilots to keep cockpit windows clean to avoid mid-air collisions with civilian aircraft.

RAF Lakenheath-based USAF F-15 jets were involved in 19 near-misses with UK aircraft in the past five years.

An F-15 pilot from the Suffolk base was recently praised after spotting a glider by eyesight rather than radar and avoiding a collision.

The near-miss in April happened when a pair of low-flying F-15s came close to a glider over the Black Mountains near Hereford.

Also, the link has a chart that details the near misses with both military/militiary and military/civilian near misses from 2013-2016.
Wouldn't that be a near hit not a near miss? I mean a near miss to me means that the thing was hit... right?
#NotOneRedCent

Penner

Post by Penner » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:54 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Penner wrote:Interesting article about near misses in the UK military and the US telling the UK to keep their cockpit windows clean. That advice to me sounds like a no brainier:

Wouldn't that be a near hit not a near miss? I mean a near miss to me means that the thing was hit... right?
Well, they have been calling it a "near miss" in the article:
More than 1,000 near-misses have been reported to the UK Airprox Board in the past five years, of which about 360 have involved UK or US military aircraft.

One of the most serious happened in January when two F-15s from RAF Lakenheath came within 50m (150ft) of an RAF tanker plane.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:58 pm

Penner wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

Well, they have been calling it a "near miss" in the article:
More than 1,000 near-misses have been reported to the UK Airprox Board in the past five years, of which about 360 have involved UK or US military aircraft.

One of the most serious happened in January when two F-15s from RAF Lakenheath came within 50m (150ft) of an RAF tanker plane.
Remind me when thinking was illegal again?
#NotOneRedCent

Penner

Post by Penner » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:06 pm

:eusa-think:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:20 pm

Asking aircrew to keep the cockpit clean..

:clap:

Noggannahappen

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:22 pm

Penner wrote::eusa-think:

Hey, I'm not the one accepting improper terminology.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:26 pm

Dude, it's called a near miss.

It's a miss and the two aircraft are near one another.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:43 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Dude, it's called a near miss.

It's a miss and the two aircraft are near one another.
You realize that an airplane can be 1/2 a mile apart from each other and they would call that a "near miss".

Logically though nearly missing means they hit. Not another man-made bullshit we teach people.
#NotOneRedCent