Europe, Boring Until it's Not

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Europe, boring until it's not

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:29 pm

Don’t insult StA by being polite, while pointing out his insanity. :lol:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:42 pm

There's nothing polite about that passive aggressive PC inquisition act.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:42 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:

Dude, fuck yourself. I am not interested in some progressive inquisition right now to determine my level of political incorrectness.
Nobody expects the progressive inquisition. 8-)
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:44 pm

No, it's pretty much par for course these days. When your not murdering people who go to church or trying to assassinate all the republicans at a charity baseball game.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:04 pm

Heraclius wrote:So you are upset that people misrepresent your views but don’t want to reveal your views?

I think you just enjoy existing in a state where you can’t be nailed down so that you can perpetually be the victim in any scenario.

Would explain why you bring up different posters when quoting me, I guess. Don’t have enough information on me to explain how I’m oppressing you so you fall back to your traditional Leviathans.
I think a more constructive argument would be held if you asked him to state any views you might have in question rather than asking him to pick and choose from some doxx screed antifa/libs posted up for everyone to point and laugh at.

Rather, if you have a specific question just ask him it and I'm certain he would answer it. Arguing in bad faith and all.

Heraclius

Post by Heraclius » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:06 pm

Nukedog wrote:
Heraclius wrote:So you are upset that people misrepresent your views but don’t want to reveal your views?

I think you just enjoy existing in a state where you can’t be nailed down so that you can perpetually be the victim in any scenario.

Would explain why you bring up different posters when quoting me, I guess. Don’t have enough information on me to explain how I’m oppressing you so you fall back to your traditional Leviathans.
I think a more constructive argument would be held if you asked him to state any views you might have in question rather than asking him to pick and choose from some doxx screed antifa/libs posted up for everyone to point and laugh at.

Rather, if you have a specific question just ask him it and I'm certain he would answer it. Arguing in bad faith and all.
I didn't set up these boundaries. By his own words he states that he doesn't agree with half of the tweets that were listed. He was upset that another poster implied that he did agree with all of the tweets. Is it arguing in bad faith to ask for a clarification on what was previously established?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:08 pm

"Half" is a manner of speak. If you had a specific point to make you would have made it by asking him to clarify on "such and such." You're just being juvenile.

Heraclius

Post by Heraclius » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:10 pm

Yes, I agree with that. I didn't expect a literal 50/50 split of acceptable/unacceptable statements. However, the phrase still implies an agreement with some quantity of the tweets.

The specific point is literally a clarification. I'm not sure how you can expect me to make an argument if I don't know someone's position.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:15 pm

Well then just ask him how he feels about people being able to to speak their minds about theMuslim colonization of England. We both know that's the hot button here that you think is some sort of kill shot.

Heraclius

Post by Heraclius » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:20 pm

Not really, the tweets covered things ranging from WW2, Islam, immigration, gender roles, etc. I don't really see an issue with saying "I agreed with the statements about how Muslims should be deported from the US."

But, I feel like if I just infer which statements someone does support after being given a vague quantity about a list of statements, I'm going to be accused of straw-manning. If I ask for a clarification on which statements were acceptable, I'm accused of arguing in bad faith. Not really sure what course I'm supposed to take.