Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Montegriffo

Re: Europe Boring Until it's Not

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:30 am

Young people are disproportionally affected by Brexit and their ability to pursue their careers abroad in the EU. They have also been burdened with huge debt as a result of Tory tuition fees. They will lose their inheritances because of May's ''dementia tax'' and feel the effects of ''austerity'' more than the protected pensioners. They have virtually no chance of getting on the property ladder until they are in their 40's compared to previous generations who bought houses in their 20's. They see their prospects as far less than their parents and they see this as a result of Tory misrule.
It's no wonder they voted for Labour at a rate of over 70%. I can't blame them for doing it. The future is theirs and the future is Labour.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:52 am

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:56 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:You've never seen him as a bad idea guy until now? While I'm a proponent of expanding th death penalty, this formula is ripe for disaster concerning frame ups/innocents. Anyway, it will never happen unless white people start upping their game in the double homicide game. Until then it will just be blacks and we can't kill them because they were slaves in a previous life.
Death penalty over life imprisonment ins't a bad idea per se, it just depends on what how you view ethical questions. For me, the idea of living in a cage for the rest of my life is nightmarish, but if I had to pick I don't know if I could decide death penalty for myself over life imprisonment, even if it would end my suffering. I do agree that there is the problem of false convictions though. But our government makes those kinds of life and death calculations all the time. During every war we fight, there have been civilians that have ended up dying. Its not like we can give life back to them anymore than we can people wrongly executed, but for a lot of people, the benefit of winning the war outweighs the collateral damage cost, so it is what it is. I don't know how I feel about death penalty tbh. I'm not losing too much sleep over it though, because most people on death row are pieces of dogshit.
Well, perhaps we should revisit the idea of ridiculous life sentencing then. Somehow it's ok to lock a human being in a cage for the rest of their existence, but some kind of Terrible Act to kill them with drugs?

The difference is nil, in my opinion. Both should not be used so freely.
Fantasy turns to dystopian nightmare in about 8 months. The serial child rapist, Monty gets a visa or not even that because I saw no kind of immigration policy so open borders, will get 23 months on good behavior.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:59 am

Montegriffo wrote:Young people are disproportionally affected by Brexit and their ability to pursue their careers abroad in the EU. They have also been burdened with huge debt as a result of Tory tuition fees. They will lose their inheritances because of May's ''dementia tax'' and feel the effects of ''austerity'' more than the protected pensioners. They have virtually no chance of getting on the property ladder until they are in their 40's compared to previous generations who bought houses in their 20's. They see their prospects as far less than their parents and they see this as a result of Tory misrule.
It's no wonder they voted for Labour at a rate of over 70%. I can't blame them for doing it. The future is theirs and the future is Labour.
Well at least now you admit your bitch hackery. I am right I am always right.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:42 am

And no, before anyone accuses me of it, I didn't vote Labour and never have. I just point out why so many young voters did.
I supported the Greens.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:06 am

dementia tax therefore the rest of what I accuse tories of is tru. See at least I'm not dumb enough to vote labor though I just tacitly support them by not voting because mean tweets

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:24 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
dementia tax therefore the rest of what I accuse tories of is tru. See at least I'm not dumb enough to vote labor though I just tacitly support them by not voting because mean tweets
Tories brought in tuition fees Labour promised to abolish them.
House prices have risen to the point where very few young people can afford the 20% deposit on a mortgage
and feel they are getting left behind.
Tory austerity policies have hit the young the hardest as they receive less and less help from the government in the form of grants, unemployment benefits etc.
I have laid out why I don't support Labour many times and never said I didn't vote. Once again I VOTED GREEN.

Just because I dislike Tory policies it does not mean I support Labour.
Last edited by Montegriffo on Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:26 am

THATS HALF A VOTE FOR LABOUR AND A FULL VOTE FOR UNICORN M8

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:27 am

I wouldn't have voted for the Tories, does that make me a pro-labor shill? Or are some of you being ridiculous?
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:30 am

TheReal_ND wrote:THATS HALF A VOTE FOR LABOUR AND A FULL VOTE FOR UNICORN M8
No it is a vote against both Tory and Labour and a vote for hope.