Europe, Boring Until it's Not

TheReal_ND

Re: Europe Boring Until it's Not

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:52 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:Image

Help us Bo
The possible next leader of the opposition. I would support that 100%.

Ruh roh..

Possible next PM..
:lol:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/boris- ... 2017-06-08

tfw when memes won't stop bleeding into reality and you wouldn't have it any other way

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:55 pm

Feels good, man.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:58 pm

Monty must be in a fugue state right now. :lol:

Kill the King

Post by Kill the King » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:08 pm

Can someone please educate me? What's the difference between May and Corbyn? I hear he's a loon but not much else.

KerningChameleon

Post by KerningChameleon » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:14 pm

Kill the King wrote:Can someone please educate me? What's the difference between May and Corbyn? I hear he's a loon but not much else.
I'm an ignorant Yank, but if British political cartoons and random Brit forum posters are any indication, he's a bicycle-riding, jam-making, Trident-hating old style communist who had Bernie-like popular support among the British left, especially younger voters, but isn't particularly effective as an actual leader of a political party.

He's Pro-Leave though, so there's that.

EDIT: Here's a British political cartoon from August 2015, when either Trump or Corbyn becoming the leaders of their respective nations was still considered a statistical impossibility:

"Old World Blues.' It refers to those so obsessed with the past they can't see the present, much less the future, for what it is. They stare into the what-was...as the realities of their world continue on around them." -Fallout New Vegas

KerningChameleon

Post by KerningChameleon » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:54 pm

"Old World Blues.' It refers to those so obsessed with the past they can't see the present, much less the future, for what it is. They stare into the what-was...as the realities of their world continue on around them." -Fallout New Vegas

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:07 pm

Monte, could you please provide an update? Have you been raped by Muslims yet? Have you been forced to stone your girlfriend? Worried about you buddy.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:21 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Monte, could you please provide an update? Have you been raped by Muslims yet? Have you been forced to stone your girlfriend? Worried about you buddy.
Update,
May is going to the Queen this afternoon to seek permission to form the next government after securing the support of the Democratic Unionist party in Northern Ireland (Loyalist pro Ulster party) which she needs to give her a small majority in Parliament.
May's position has been seriously weakened (strong and stable is now a political joke) and a leadership election in the Conservative party within the next 6 months. Amber Rudd is considered the most likely replacement.
The reason May called the election was to gain a stronger mandate for her Brexit negotiations due to start in 11 days. This is now in tatters as she no longer has a majority in Parliament.
Corbyn is claiming victory despite having fewer seats than the Tories and not being able to count on Liberal Democrat support for a coalition government along with the Scottish nationalists.
The SNP has lost 21 seats to both the Tories and Labour which has killed the chances of a new independence referendum in the near future.
UKIP's leader Paul Nuttal has resigned after their share of the vote dropped from 4 million to 600,000.
The Green Party has retained it's MP.
I have not yet been raped but many of my previous girlfriends have been stoned and I predict many of my future ones will get stoned too.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:38 am

Montegriffo wrote:I have not yet been raped but many of my previous girlfriends have been stoned and I predict many of my future ones will get stoned too.
Sounds like some rainy day women.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:40 am

Montegriffo wrote:I have not yet been raped but many of my previous girlfriends have been stoned and I predict many of my future ones will get stoned too.
Sounds like some rainy day women.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck