An apology

Smitty-48

Re: An apology

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:13 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:12 am
The clampdown is coming.
The leader of the Scottish Parliament has said if you're not providing vital products like food or medicine stay at home. The NI leader has said the same.
People in camper vans or those with second homes have been told not to bug out in the countryside for fear of overwhelming local services and bringing the virus out from the towns and cities.
Boris is in a COBRA security meeting and expected to talk to the nation at 20.30.
They're starting to crack down on people not Social Distancing here, but other than that, still not locked down
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:23 am

Even if they do lock down, the advantage of the boonies in Canada is not enough boots on the ground

Nobody is going to come around where I live to check up on us, we live where the rich people live

If we call the cops, they come in two minutes

Otherwise they leave us alone because nobody makes trouble around here
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:26 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:13 am
Montegriffo wrote:
The clampdown is coming.
The leader of the Scottish Parliament has said if you're not providing vital products like food or medicine stay at home. The NI leader has said the same.
People in camper vans or those with second homes have been told not to bug out in the countryside for fear of overwhelming local services and bringing the virus out from the towns and cities.
Boris is in a COBRA security meeting and expected to talk to the nation at 20.30.

They're starting to crack down on people not Social Distancing here, but other than that, still not locked down
Up until now it has been advisory only, over the last few days the media has changed to trying to shame people into not going out.
Sunny weather as spring has arrived had the effect of people crowding out to the coast and national parks over the weekend.
It will be those stupid fuckers who shout loudest about a clampdown if it comes.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:28 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:26 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:13 am
Montegriffo wrote:
The clampdown is coming.

Up until now it has been advisory only, over the last few days the media has changed to trying to shame people into not going out.
Sunny weather as spring has arrived had the effect of people crowding out to the coast and national parks over the weekend.
It will be those stupid fuckers who shout loudest about a clampdown if it comes.
My sister down in Toronto is starting to get worried, she's trapped in the condo and Toronto is a free for all

Out here, you wouldn't even know there is a war on, it's always quiet around here

That's what I love about the rich people, super quiet, and that's how they like it

I grew up in the hood, poor people are fuckin' annoying
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:44 am

I'm near the shed where the tractors are so I get a bit of noise when they start them up and when they come back. I can't hear them when they are in the fields. I'm amongst the meadows not the crop fields.
Apart from that, I hear the cows lowing in the shed if they are late to be fed and the birds singing in the hedgerows.
The most annoying thing I get is the bloody doves and pigeons running about on the roof of my truck. Once I start to get hungry they will be the first to eat lead.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:47 am

I'm actually missing the stock market more than hockey

Once you move to the sidelines, there's nothing to do but wait
Nec Aspera Terrent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:50 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:22 am
OK, I'm ready to admit that StA was right to be so worried about Covid19.
I still don't think his predictions about hundreds of millions of deaths will come true and I really hope I'm right about that but his advice about prepping seems more and more prophetic as the shelves empty and borders lockdown.

Sorry mate, we shouldn't have mocked your sacks of rice.

Let's not be selfish though guys...
https://twitter.com/BBCLookNorth/status ... 7265843202
+1 Good Men can admit when they were wrong.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:51 am

Total deaths in the UK up to 335. A 6 fold increase on this time last week.
We'll be at 500 a day in a couple of weeks.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:51 am

I'm more of an economic prepper, you can't secure any other rights unless you secure your property rights

I was simply so high speed low drag military, that just my residual momentum beats 90% of preppers
Nec Aspera Terrent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:55 am

You need beds ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience