Re: MHF Democrat Primary Poll

Post by StCapps » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:56 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:50 pm
StCapps wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:18 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:58 pm

I don’t think the .01% increase in 4 years is going to cut it with voters.
They voted for people who gave them less, especially incumbents, so your theory is incorrect, it's pure feelz.
You’re referring to politics pre-Great Recession. Things have changed, dramatically.
Obama won despite not increasing real wages, now Trump gives Americans their first real raises in decades and he's not going to get re-elected? Does not follow.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:18 pm

Some poor people only have an iphone 10 though not the latest model. Americans have it so bad. They can't even spend 16 hours or facebook because they have to do some work. Its not fair.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:21 pm

That's gold daralon, gold!
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:27 pm

StCapps wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:56 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:18 pm
They voted for people who gave them less, especially incumbents, so your theory is incorrect, it's pure feelz.
You’re referring to politics pre-Great Recession. Things have changed, dramatically.
Obama won despite not increasing real wages, now Trump gives Americans their first real raises in decades and he's not going to get re-elected? Does not follow.
Trump gave me a raise?!? I gotta tell my boss.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:37 pm

Tell him about Zero Hedge. He'll probably get you a job in some global think tank. They make good money.
Shikata ga nai

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:21 am

Social Democracy is always sold by saying the rich will pick up the tab. In reality that never happens. Capital exists in a globalised world. It will move if taxes to much. Taxes will go up on things that can't move. Salaries, homes and consumption. The welfare state is paid for by the middle class.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:57 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:27 pm
StCapps wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:56 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Trump gave me a raise?!? I gotta tell my boss.
Projecting your own situation on everyone else is your problem. You always seem to assume that Americans think the same way you do or in the same situation that you are, they are not, you're the outlier. Just because you aren't seeing a raise doesn't mean a lot of other people's wages aren't on the rise. Wages are no longer plateauing anymore, that ended under Obama, you just refuse to give Trump any credit, despite being the first POTUS in decades to turn that around.
*yip*

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:19 am

Social democratic taxation tactics explained.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:56 am

Hastur wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:21 am
Social Democracy is always sold by saying the rich will pick up the tab. In reality that never happens. Capital exists in a globalised world. It will move if taxes to much. Taxes will go up on things that can't move. Salaries, homes and consumption. The welfare state is paid for by the middle class.
I think it would be more effective, though, if proponents displayed some agency and dedication. Instead of running on a promise that they will increase gibs to their voters paid by somebody else, they should run on the idea that we all need to take collective charge of our welfare and destiny, and taking control means we need to collectively pay our own way. In other words, instead of demonizing the wealthy, direct attention to those who are capable of carrying their own water but do not so that the people who cannot reasonably carry their own water are properly cared for.

Here is the states, if we just took the money people already pay in these insane insurance premiums, applying that to a single payer system, we’d have the greatest health care this planet has ever seen. I think we could actually reduce the cost people are paying now, and add a little from the payroll taxes of people who currently refuse to pay for shitty for-profit insurance, and we’d be better off. People can still get private supplementary insurance for non-essential procedures.

Where the message goes wrong is how they come up with all this moonbat expensive shit and their answer to the question if funding is “somebody else”.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:01 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:56 am
Hastur wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:21 am
I think it would be more effective, though, if proponents displayed some agency and dedication. Instead of running on a promise that they will increase gibs to their voters paid by somebody else, they should run on the idea that we all need to take collective charge of our welfare and destiny, and taking control means we need to collectively pay our own way. In other words, instead of demonizing the wealthy, direct attention to those who are capable of carrying their own water but do not so that the people who cannot reasonably carry their own water are properly cared for.
That's a better pitch, unfortunately many social democrats are just communists who prefer a label with less baggage and won't go for an approach that doesn't demonize the successful and doesn't see the best way to help the less successful as tearing down the more successful.
*yip*