2020 election

PartyOf5

Re: 2020 election

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:18 am

Kill the King wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:32 pm
Williamson is hilarious but my money is on Warren getting the nod. The media are propping her up. Joe's going to go down for being old and white. Bernie is old and crazy and Warren has stolen all his ideas
Not only that, but Warren is not white, which will help her.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:22 am

It's as if the DNC establishment really just want to lose the general election.

If they just fucked off and stopped rigging the thing, they'd have a chance of winning.

Warren is their only viable option to defeat Bernie as far as I can tell, but I wouldn't call that a done deal either.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:22 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:16 pm
No Fracking cool
No Coal cool
No offshore drilling cool
No petro cars cool
No cheeseburgers cool
No straws cool if single-use plastics
No light bulbs what even low watt bulbs?
No food stamps I didn't know you could eat stamps
but you get …….
Barrack Obama on the SCOTUS cool
More Taxes need to know what they are going to spend them on
More Re-education more education would be a good thing
More Eugenics ;) cool I like Annie Lennox
Idiots like you say things like this without having any fucking idea how to get there without impoverishing most of the population and sending us back to the stone age. You say "cool" until you realize how it negatively affects you. Then you blame "the evil corporations" for making life so hard for you. You are such a stooge.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:30 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:45 pm
I don't eat any kind of meat, I don't use any kind of straw and as soon as I can afford one I'll drive an electric car.
None of these things can be phased out overnight but I firmly believe that it is necessary to do so as quickly as possible.
I certainly don't deny science on the grounds of self-interest and would never vote for a science denier who is in the pocket of the fossil fuel industries.
This ''unless you are 100% pure you're a hypocrite'' argument is ridiculous.
You are anti-globalism, are you telling me that if I came to your house I wouldn't find a single thing that wasn't made in America?
I bet you chainsaw is Scandinavian and your Maga hat was made in China.
I eat meat, drive vehicles that use gas, and do NOT believe it is necessary to move away from any of it as soon as possible. I will continue to do those things for as long as I live. You live your way, I'll live mine. Try and push your way of life onto me and we're going to have a problem.

The argument is that the people trying to force the rest of us to life a certain way are not doing so themselves, and will not even follow their own rules. It already happened with Obamacare. The same congress that forced it onto the populace also voted on a special exemption for themselves so that they do not have to live by those same rules they tell the rest of us we need so badly.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:33 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:03 pm
Whatever.
Enjoy your hurricane.
Prove Dorian is the result of climate change, man-made climate change.

Enjoy your Brexit.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:35 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:22 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:16 pm
No Fracking cool
No Coal cool
No offshore drilling cool
No petro cars cool
No cheeseburgers cool
No straws cool if single-use plastics
No light bulbs what even low watt bulbs?
No food stamps I didn't know you could eat stamps
but you get …….
Barrack Obama on the SCOTUS cool
More Taxes need to know what they are going to spend them on
More Re-education more education would be a good thing
More Eugenics ;) cool I like Annie Lennox
Idiots like you say things like this without having any fucking idea how to get there without impoverishing most of the population and sending us back to the stone age. You say "cool" until you realize how it negatively affects you. Then you blame "the evil corporations" for making life so hard for you. You are such a stooge.
I could defend my position(and have) on all of those issues but I'm not going to bother wasting my time explaining it to someone who thinks I'm a stooge and an idiot.
Learn to debate rationally and stop biting ankles and I might consider it a worthwhile expenditure of effort in the future.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:41 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:02 pm
You don't have to stop driving your car. Just think about whether your journey is really necessary. Consider a car with better MPH next time you buy one. Buy an electric car if you can afford it.
Put more clothes on rather than turn the heating up if it's cold.
Cut down on your intensively farmed meat, eat meat raised on pastures such as lamb rather than chicken or pork reared in sheds and fed soya.
If people take small steps now then draconian measures won't be so necessary down the road.
Ignoring the problem won't make it go away.
Just take responsibility for your actions.
I already ride a motorcycle when I can. Much better MPG than a car.
We already recycle every plastic bottle, aluminum can, and cardboard box that leaves the house.
We already keep the AC off unless it get above 80 n the house. The heat is set at 68 in the winter.
We already live in a modest house, not some McMansion that is 4,000+ square feet.
We carpool to work when possible.

Yet you are advocating for others to impose rules upon me because they must know best. The same people flying private jets, keeping up multiple residences, and wasting more carbon in a day than I do in a month.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:44 am

Stop making it about me. It's not about me it's about us.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:44 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:16 am
http://pollingreport.com/enviro.htm

"Do you think the United States is doing enough to address climate change, doing too much, or do you think more needs to be done to address climate change?"
Doing enough: 20% .... Doing too much: 8% ... More needs to be done: 67%
The majority of your voters chose Brexit. How do you feel about that?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:46 am

I thought it wasn't meant to be about feelings?