Barack Obama's Legacy -- How strong of a President is he historically?

nmoore63

Re: Barack Obama's Legacy -- How strong of a President is he historically?

Post by nmoore63 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:34 am

I was very anti the ban when it was first announced.
And I'm generally an agorist on things like this, but...
I have seen the light.
If you buy the right ones, these new bulbs are better.

Lightbulb replacement rate is waaaaay lower.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:10 am

nmoore63 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:34 am
I have seen the light.

Which ones are you using, LED or CFL?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:00 pm

brewster wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:05 am
TheReal_ND wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:25 pm

Fracking does very little to drive down oil prices. That is all done via Saudi Arabia unilaterally or otherwise. I dont feel like repeating myself for the nth time the refining costs between tar sand and sweet crude or the shelf life of oil.
If you actually read the articles you linked, it shows that $250k is bullshit. That was arrived at by dividing a fixed set of subsidies by sales up to that point in 2011! And the subsidy was not just for Volts, but all subsequent electric cars using the technology. Https://www.thestreet.com/story/1135440 ... nment.html.

As for fracked oil, as I understand it, it's being sold under "real" cost. The US is the world's top producer, eclipsing SA.
It's not a quarter million dollars! What do you mean it's 150k? No way it is 100k oy vey!
As for fracking and selling below market value that is interesting. Makes me think tbh. I do know that part of the issue with the oil market is that you can't hang on to it for a very long time or it begins to gel up and becomes unusable. I beleive the shelf like is around a year or two and I do remember that during the oil glut a lot of oil was sitting offshore in barges doing nothing because they couldn't sell at a loss. Perhaps a lot of it was people cutting there losses as I know at least some of them did.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:02 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:10 am
nmoore63 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:34 am
I have seen the light.

Which ones are you using, LED or CFL?
LED is superior to all others tbh. You can get them in all kinds of wattage and color range. Very popular with indoor growers as they require less ballast, electricity, and no more cooling than necessary for the plants themselves as the lights put off next to nill heat.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:20 pm

:?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:32 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:20 pm
It's not real, regretfully.

When he went to college, bar code systems were not used
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:58 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:00 pm
brewster wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:05 am
TheReal_ND wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:25 pm

Fracking does very little to drive down oil prices. That is all done via Saudi Arabia unilaterally or otherwise. I dont feel like repeating myself for the nth time the refining costs between tar sand and sweet crude or the shelf life of oil.
If you actually read the articles you linked, it shows that $250k is bullshit. That was arrived at by dividing a fixed set of subsidies by sales up to that point in 2011! And the subsidy was not just for Volts, but all subsequent electric cars using the technology. Https://www.thestreet.com/story/1135440 ... nment.html.

As for fracked oil, as I understand it, it's being sold under "real" cost. The US is the world's top producer, eclipsing SA.
It's not a quarter million dollars! What do you mean it's 150k? No way it is 100k oy vey!
As for fracking and selling below market value that is interesting. Makes me think tbh. I do know that part of the issue with the oil market is that you can't hang on to it for a very long time or it begins to gel up and becomes unusable. I beleive the shelf like is around a year or two and I do remember that during the oil glut a lot of oil was sitting offshore in barges doing nothing because they couldn't sell at a loss. Perhaps a lot of it was people cutting there losses as I know at least some of them did.
The “fracking boom” is just another low-interest-rate mirage, unfortunately. They don’t make money at under $80 a barrel.

Interest rates are finally on the way up, and the oil will go away as well.

The Saudis created the “glut” to undercut shale. They played it perfectly, tbh.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:08 am

The Conservative wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:32 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:20 pm
It's not real, regretfully.

When he went to college, bar code systems were not used
:lol:
BHO is so arrogant, I just love getting in my little shots. Like I don't know if Barry is married to Michael, a former linebacker still packing heat in her jockstrap. But I'll mock him for it anyway.

I'm proudly a birther, as many of you know. But I believe he was born in the US and his birth certificate had something embarrassing on it like naming his religion muslim. I think it's very likely he got into Columbia and/or Harvard as a Foreign student, which was probably a lie used to get free tuition. I'm also quite certain that BHO is not as nearly as intelligent as mythology holds. He may be a good academic, but at best he's an educated idiot. He's a genius reading a teleprompter and blithering, stuttering fool when he has to think on his feet.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:00 am

He actually did in fact attend college as Kenyan exchange student, though. I suppose he could have lied about it, but I cannot imagine why since he still got affirmative action assistance as a half black man.

Whether or not he was born in Kenya or Hawaii (I suspect it was really Kenya), I still do not believe he was ever eligible to be a president since his father was a foreign national, and the Constitution was written with the assumption of coverture as the basis for its terms.

Altering the Constitution should require an amendment, not a redefinition of a word.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:11 am

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.