Post by clubgop » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:14 pm

Penner wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:47 pm
pineapplemike wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:06 pm
Obama's Disrespectful 'Latte Salute' Shocks and Offends
http://www.breitbart.com/blog/2014/09/2 ... d-offends/
i remember when this happened, it wasn't a good look
There sure is a double standard for Trump.
How? Partisan dick idiots.

Speaker to Animals

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:15 pm

You just don't get it.

Obama commanded zero respect from the effective ranks of the armed forces. He probably had a shit ton of nonner support, but that's meaningless. Trump has the support of the armed forces.

Bush seemed like a big average.

Clinton had zero support. I can promise you that. He was reviled by the military.

I know Reagan probably had the biggest support in the 20th century.

The latte salute was just like that thing that draws out the hatred. That isn't here now. If Trump were hated like that, I am sure vets and servicemembers would be shitting on him right now.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:18 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:42 am
Kath wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:31 am
I can't imagine how many wadded panties we'd have on this forum if this was a picture of Obama.
What a moron.
If he didn't return the salute your hack bitch ass would be crying about how we are going to get nuked at any moment. Tell me I am wrong, go ahead bitch.
Dirty dick wrote:Omg, he's got a rake!

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:21 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:15 pm
You just don't get it.

Obama commanded zero respect from the effective ranks of the armed forces. He probably had a shit ton of nonner support, but that's meaningless. Trump has the support of the armed forces.

Bush seemed like a big average.

Clinton had zero support. I can promise you that. He was reviled by the military.

I know Reagan probably had the biggest support in the 20th century.

The latte salute was just like that thing that draws out the hatred. That isn't here now. If Trump were hated like that, I am sure vets and servicemembers would be shitting on him right now.
After Clinton, Bush was pretty well liked.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:23 pm

It got to the point in the USAF somewhere around 1996 that an order came down that we were not supposed to bad mouth Willie while on duty or in uniform, anywhere or anytime. No names. No criticisms. Just don't even mention him.
It was so obvious it came from him.

He himself cranked the hate up to eleven with that one.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:50 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:58 pm
Penner wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:51 pm
pineapplemike wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:38 pm
oh, so it isn't a big deal? ok good to know, it looked bad
Yeah it does look bad.
But is it serious?
I haven't felt this apprehensive in my whole life

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:53 pm

BjornP wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:51 pm
If you're a US president, and you're not in uniform and not also holding a military rank, are you supposed to salute even your own troops? It's a long time ago now, and I may remember things wrong (plus, I was a conscript... not all that motivated to start with), but I am sure we weren't supposed to salute an officer out of uniform, as in wearing civilian clothes. While it's fun and endearing that children salute soldiers and such, generally we were told not to return salutes by well meaning civilians if we were in uniform. The only exception was, of course, the defense minister, prime minister and the Queen (can't remember if all members of the royal house deserve salutes, tho) who were higher in rank.
Rule #1, if you arent wearing a cover and an NCO walks by you have to do a Roman salute instead while muttering under your breath "Hail Caesar"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:56 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:53 pm
BjornP wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:51 pm
If you're a US president, and you're not in uniform and not also holding a military rank, are you supposed to salute even your own troops? It's a long time ago now, and I may remember things wrong (plus, I was a conscript... not all that motivated to start with), but I am sure we weren't supposed to salute an officer out of uniform, as in wearing civilian clothes. While it's fun and endearing that children salute soldiers and such, generally we were told not to return salutes by well meaning civilians if we were in uniform. The only exception was, of course, the defense minister, prime minister and the Queen (can't remember if all members of the royal house deserve salutes, tho) who were higher in rank.
Rule #1, if you arent wearing a cover and an NCO walks by you have to do a Roman salute instead while muttering under your breath "Hail Caesar"
Rule #2, if you aren't wearing cover and an officer O3 or higher walks by you, you have to make like you are going for a salute, but at the last minute, turn your hand parallel to your head and smooth back your hair.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:08 pm

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:47 pm

Does Bush jr non service or Trumps literal non service piss off more vets?
The good, the true, & the beautiful