THE ERA OF TRUMP

Kath

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Kath » Thu May 31, 2018 12:39 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 10:07 am
More winning, although it will get buried under Rosanne being a racist.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 655281002/
President Trump signs S. 204, the “Right to Try Act” Wednesday afternoon.

In March, the House passed legislation aimed at giving seriously ill patients increased access to investigational drugs, a bill championed by Vice President Mike Pence.

"Right to Try" is named for Jordan McLinn, a second grader from Indianapolis who advocated in Washington for the bill alongside Pence.

The bill will let patients who are near death, or who have a disease that is likely to lead to severely premature death, potentially access drugs that have gone through only preliminary testing on humans. They would have to be ineligible for a clinical trial and have already tried other available treatments.
This is excellent news.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Thu May 31, 2018 12:52 pm

I don’t see more prison time in this instance increases deterrence.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu May 31, 2018 12:54 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 12:07 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 12:02 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 12:01 pm

Enabling the direct hijacking of our government - even a 100th of it - has a much greater impact than the murder of a single person. The sentence should be maximized, honestly.
18 years, dude?

You can get shit-faced drunk and kill a kindergartner crossing the street in a DUI and not get 18 years.

The whole thing has to be consistent. You can't have females getting away with 18 months for raping a boy and then some politician getting 18 years for asking what he might get out of an appointment. It's ridiculous to even defend that.
Not really. From a utilitarian standpoint, the power of a senator is exponentially greater than that of any other citizen. Destroying the integrity of that seat, and enabling a rich patron to directly override the wishes of the electorate is exponentially more harmful than killing any single citizen.

The sentence should be exponentially greater.
Do you ever stop being so disgusting?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu May 31, 2018 12:59 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 12:54 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 12:07 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 12:02 pm

18 years, dude?

You can get shit-faced drunk and kill a kindergartner crossing the street in a DUI and not get 18 years.

The whole thing has to be consistent. You can't have females getting away with 18 months for raping a boy and then some politician getting 18 years for asking what he might get out of an appointment. It's ridiculous to even defend that.
Not really. From a utilitarian standpoint, the power of a senator is exponentially greater than that of any other citizen. Destroying the integrity of that seat, and enabling a rich patron to directly override the wishes of the electorate is exponentially more harmful than killing any single citizen.

The sentence should be exponentially greater.
Do you ever stop being so disgusting?
:lol: I don’t know where we’d be without your insights.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Kath

Post by Kath » Thu May 31, 2018 1:20 pm

Now President Donald Trump may pardon her for those crimes. He told reporters on Thursday that he is considering pardoning both Stewart and former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich. Both appeared with Trump on his show "The Apprentice."
Reality TV FTW!

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu May 31, 2018 1:26 pm

nmoore63 wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 11:56 am

The dude is guilty of crimes undermining the very fabric of the rule of law.

String him up.
I have no doubt of that. However, this is Chicago. I suspect it's standard practice and for some reason unknown to me, he was made to pay while others skate for the same offenses. I'm not against punishing those that break the law, but we must have equal justice.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Kath

Post by Kath » Thu May 31, 2018 1:29 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 1:26 pm

I have no doubt of that. However, this is Chicago. I suspect it's standard practice and for some reason unknown to me, he was made to pay while others skate for the same offenses. I'm not against punishing those that break the law, but we must have equal justice.
The chance for a governor to sell a senate seat doesn't come up very often, but I'll happily put any governor in prison for doing what he did. Not sure how Chicago comes into play - this was an Illinois issue.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu May 31, 2018 1:55 pm

Kath wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 1:29 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 1:26 pm

The chance for a governor to sell a senate seat doesn't come up very often, but I'll happily put any governor in prison for doing what he did. Not sure how Chicago comes into play - this was an Illinois issue.
C'mon Chicago politics is famous for its corruption.
PLATA O PLOMO

Kath

Post by Kath » Thu May 31, 2018 2:06 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 1:55 pm

Of course they are - ridiculously corrupt. How is that related to what the governor of Illinois did? He was not the governor of Chicago.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu May 31, 2018 2:10 pm

Kath wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 2:06 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 1:55 pm

Of course they are - ridiculously corrupt. How is that related to what the governor of Illinois did? He was not the governor of Chicago.
Blago was associated with Valerie Jarret and BHO, so much so, Blago attempted to subpoena President Obama in his defense. Blago claimed the POTUS knew all about it and it was SOP.
PLATA O PLOMO