Re: The Green Leap Forward

Post by C-Mag » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:49 am

MilSpecs wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:58 am
C-Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:47 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:55 pm
We need to start a tax for people standing on the street. The amount of wear and tear to the pavement is astronomical and we can use the money to support low income single mothers who will spend it well.
A bunch of states in the urban east coast have been enacting Rain Taxes (not joking), that's pretty darn close to taxing people for standing on the street.
It’s a drainage tax. We flood around here and we need more storm systems. We’re out of money though. We should stop sending it to other states and use it to fix our infrastructure. Drainage and roads before subsidizing other states.
Somantics, its a Pigouvian tax. The government is blindly taxing anything that prevents water from hitting the ground, which they outright claim as bad. The idea being that the government owns water, you are disrupting the natural flow, so you owe the government.

This crap all comes from the EPA storm water mandate under Obama's Clean Water Act. Federal Judges have already ruled that the EPA mandate is bullshit because storm water is not a pollutant.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:59 am

doc_loliday wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:46 am
I don't need to tell you this, but none of those benefits will ever occur.
Indeed ... you need to tell MilSpecs. She’s still drinking the stale kool-aid. When I pointed out the kool-aid was stale she responded with some crack about “oh, well I guess things can never change”.
I decided against posting the layman’s definition of insanity.

Anyway, she’s assured us that the benefits I quoted to you is a natural result of bankrupting cities for light rail, despite all evidence to the contrary.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:03 am

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:04 am

Dude - Y'all need to relax. The Green Deal is the best thing to ever happen to this country. It will guarantee the DNC/Marxist legacy as being the bankruptcy of the Federal Government and obliteration of the economy.

Bankrupt governments have a hard time funding state agencies and Militaries.

Get foreclosed on? Tell the bank they can come get you, if they can pay someone to actually oust you.

With the Fed Government dead, the debt can be erased....and a new government put in place...perhaps with a new constitution with clauses to outlaw marxism....

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:06 am

Candidates that run on social justice can never manage cities, states, or the country. It's way easier to tackle imaginary oppression than it is to build and maintain infrastructure. Supporting the GND means you will never live to see any of its promises.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:06 am

We really need physical removal of Marxists to containment zones, though.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:07 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:06 am
We really need physical removal of Marxists to containment zones, though.
Put it into the new Constitution. Free Helicopter rides for all Marxists....Hurray for Collectivism.
Last edited by Zlaxer on Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:08 am

Now I'm definitely on a watch list.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:22 am

The inability to complete great projects in thoroughly dishearting.

I mean I am no fan of the government but....

Moses Lake, the next town over from ephrata is trying to build a high school.
http://www.ifiberone.com/columbia_basin ... 44381.html
the originally planned 1,600-student high school would cost about $133 million
Now this is rural eastern Washington, so that land cost is near zero, but everything is simply to expensive. There are too many rules. The fucking government do gooders are successfully killing rural America with edicts designed for rich cities. All for our own benefit, as all benevolent slave master thinks.

Places with only 20,000 residents and an average income of $35,000 can't afford a $5000 bill per person for fucking Versailles high schools. Luckily they make building modest ones illegal. So they condemning us to adding "temporary" mobile class rooms. Sentencing children to learning in squalor all because we don't have the money to put in bathrooms for gender #1342.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:26 am

nmoore63 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:22 am
The inability to complete great projects in thoroughly dishearting.

I mean I am no fan of the government but....

Moses Lake, the next town over from ephrata is trying to build a high school.
http://www.ifiberone.com/columbia_basin ... 44381.html
the originally planned 1,600-student high school would cost about $133 million
Now this is rural eastern Washington, so that land cost is near zero, but everything is simply to expensive. There are too many rules. The fucking government do gooders are successfully killing rural America with edicts designed for rich cities. All for our own benefit, as all benevolent slave master thinks.

Places with only 20,000 residents and an average income of $35,000 can't afford a $5000 bill per person for fucking Versailles high schools. Luckily they make building modest ones illegal. So they condemning us to adding "temporary" mobile class rooms. Sentencing children to learning in squalor all because we don't have the money to put in bathrooms for gender #1342.

You get a bunch of borg-like, urbanite, kool-aid drinking, lemmings thinking their five blocks of cityscape represent the world, and that their myopic echo chamber has all the answers. This is what happens.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"