2020 election

User avatar
Montegriffo
Nuke
Posts: 13460
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:14 am

Re: 2020 election

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:01 am

Image
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.
Image

StCapps
Nuke
Posts: 11011
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:59 am
Location: Hamilton, ON

Re: 2020 election

Post by StCapps » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:05 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:01 am
Image
Making a strawman out of the opposing argument to make your nonsense seem like a good idea by comparison, that's all you have. Your shit doesn't sell itself, so you need to juxtapose it with the boogeyman to con people.
Last edited by StCapps on Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Fife
Nuke
Posts: 14208
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:47 am

Re: 2020 election

Post by Fife » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:05 am

Image
Another useless drive-by Fife-ing

PRONOUNS: Taxation is Theft / Taxation is Theft

PartyOf5
Trek
Posts: 2092
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:15 am

Re: 2020 election

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:58 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:08 am
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:21 am
You're not extreme, but you believe white people should be denied, for example, straws because Chinese, Indians, and Africans pollute the oceans.. :think:
No, just the adults.
Kids can have reusable straws.
So banning straws for certain people. Yet you say your solutions are not about government bans but personal choice. How about we all personally choose to use straws and eat meat? Are we now bad for the planet? You choose to use a computer and internet, which are not carbon neutral. You are now just as bad, so piss off.

User avatar
pineapplemike
Trek
Posts: 3713
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:34 pm

Re: 2020 election

Post by pineapplemike » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:06 am

and as soon as I can afford one I'll drive an electric car.
god bless the oil and gas industry

Image
the major advancements made by today's electric vehicles were made possible by petrochemicals derived from oil and natural gas
Last edited by pineapplemike on Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Montegriffo
Nuke
Posts: 13460
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:14 am

Re: 2020 election

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:08 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:58 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:08 am
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:21 am
You're not extreme, but you believe white people should be denied, for example, straws because Chinese, Indians, and Africans pollute the oceans.. :think:
No, just the adults.
Kids can have reusable straws.
So banning straws for certain people. Yet you say your solutions are not about government bans but personal choice. How about we all personally choose to use straws and eat meat? Are we now bad for the planet? You choose to use a computer and internet, which are not carbon neutral. You are now just as bad, so piss off.
I said personal responsibility.

I'm going nowhere, suck it snowflake.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.
Image

StCapps
Nuke
Posts: 11011
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:59 am
Location: Hamilton, ON

Re: 2020 election

Post by StCapps » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:21 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:08 am
I said personal responsibility.
Stick with that, enough with the government intervention already.

PartyOf5
Trek
Posts: 2092
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:15 am

Re: 2020 election

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:33 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:08 am
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:21 am
You're not extreme, but you believe white people should be denied, for example, straws because Chinese, Indians, and Africans pollute the oceans.. :think:
No, just the adults.
Kids can have reusable straws.
How is denying adults personal responsibility? See Capps, he can't stick to that. To him personal responsibility has be enforced or coerced via regulations, laws, or taxes.

PartyOf5
Trek
Posts: 2092
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:15 am

Re: 2020 election

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:34 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:08 am
I'm going nowhere, suck it snowflake.
Save that talk for your little boy toys.

User avatar
Speaker to Animals
Speaker
Posts: 36760
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:59 pm

Re: 2020 election

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:52 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:06 am
and as soon as I can afford one I'll drive an electric car.
god bless the oil and gas industry

Image
the major advancements made by today's electric vehicles were made possible by petrochemicals derived from oil and natural gas
That's kind of a bad argument.

You still have those plastic costs buying any alternative vehicle to the EV. It's a sunk cost in petrochemicals, but it's fixed, and it's universal (so it doesn't really make a distinction between gas and electric vehicles). Yet the EVs don't necessarily consume any oil in order to drive, whereas gas vehicles consume large quantities of gas and oil each year.

Where you might have an edge on them is if the utility power used to produce electricity that charges the EV is run on coal or natural gas. If it's nuclear power, then no, they come out ahead in terms of impact on environment.