History on Fire: Joan of Arc / Hundred Years War

GloryofGreece

Re: History on Fire: Joan of Arc / Hundred Years War

Post by GloryofGreece » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:32 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:06 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:56 am
Cornwell's Thomas of Hookton trilogy is a good introduction to the HYW despite also being a work of fiction. It was what initially got me interested in the period and the wonderful weapon that is the longbow.
The longbow is a great weapon. That novel was highly fictionalized, though.

Another good novel for this period is actually Michael Chrichton's Timeline. The novel has a lot of detail about the period in it. The film is garbage. I am not talking about that.
Dude you most read a lot of novel (?) never would have thought on first and second impressions via forum posts that'd you be into that much fiction reading. Good for you though. Better than most tv and gaming waste of time. I haven't been able to really get into a novel for quite some time honestly. I've read some short stories and and a novella essentially that's it fiction reading wise. Too much time with forum posting/reading, article skimming, youtube video watching, podcast listening, and audible biographies for me.
Last edited by GloryofGreece on Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:35 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:32 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:56 am
Cornwell's Thomas of Hookton trilogy is a good introduction to the HYW despite also being a work of fiction. It was what initially got me interested in the period and the wonderful weapon that is the longbow.

Another good novel for this period is actually Michael Chrichton's Timeline. The novel has a lot of detail about the period in it. The film is garbage. I am not talking about that.
Dude you most read a lot of novel (?) never would have thought on first and second impressions via forum posts that'd you be into that much nonfiction reading. Good for you though. Better than most tv and gaming waste of time. I haven't been able to really get into a novel for quite some time honestly. I've read some short stories and and a novella essentially that's it nonfiction wise. Too much time with forum posting/reading, article skimming, youtube video watching, podcast listening, and audible biographies for me.

I have read probably too much science fiction.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:37 am

Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:35 pm
GloryofGreece wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:32 pm

Dude you most read a lot of novel (?) never would have thought on first and second impressions via forum posts that'd you be into that much nonfiction reading. Good for you though. Better than most tv and gaming waste of time. I haven't been able to really get into a novel for quite some time honestly. I've read some short stories and and a novella essentially that's it nonfiction wise. Too much time with forum posting/reading, article skimming, youtube video watching, podcast listening, and audible biographies for me.
Do you think "Faustian" is an ideal? Or simply part of some humans DNA? I think promoting it as a good seems a bit problematic. In other words, something's should not be explored muchless invented or used. More time spent on whether we should instead of if we could etc.?

I have read probably too much science fiction.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:11 pm

I wonder what she knew about the Prince that no one else did? That was the information that the French Prince decided meant she was worth backing and their was divinity guiding her etc. Its amazing that she led an army even in a inspirational role fundamentally...no female was doing these things in Medieval Europe much less a peasant.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:49 am

Ahem.
Not a peasant but definately a female.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:34 pm

I'm looking forward to part III but man is this fairly uninspired so far. That bear claw foot trap thing she caught herself in was about the highlight of the action and an aside about someone that might be a serial killer during the time period but you know "no real evidence so..."

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:51 pm

The history podcast market is wide ass open.

:shhh: :think:

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:51 pm

Its "open" as in millions of people that have a mic and internet can upload their shit...yea, ok, and?

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:13 pm

Your feed is uninspired so far.

So what?

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:57 am

Fife wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:13 pm
Your feed is uninspired so far.

So what?
Are you bored or something, hungover...?

What the hell are you rambling about in my thread...o yah, nothing b/c its not some libertarian propaganda piece...move along or at least post something relevant to the topic of the thread.