Personality Test

Martin Hash

Re: Personality Test

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:14 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:59 pm
DBTrek wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:45 pm
As long as we don’t have too many ETSP/ITSPs around this place.
:shock:

The fact that so many here are just a hair away from ENTP is unsurprising.
We don't really have any extroverts except Carlus, but he's probably trolling us. I cannot believe any of you are extroverts.
Do extroverts (as defined by the test) even post? You're by yourself online, no posse.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:16 pm

I think people think I'm an extrovert, by the defintion most people go by, which is verbal center of attention. This test, however, defines an extrovert as somebody who gets energy from groups, and an introvert expends energy to be in groups. That makes me an introvert, but it just costs energy to look like an extrovert.

Kath

Post by Kath » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:33 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:16 pm
I think people think I'm an extrovert, by the defintion most people go by, which is verbal center of attention. This test, however, defines an extrovert as somebody who gets energy from groups, and an introvert expends energy to be in groups. That makes me an introvert, but it just costs energy to look like an extrovert.
The test definition of Is and Js is how I understand the terms. If I spend too much time with people, I get cranky. My favorite time is alone time. I just had a weekend where we were interacting with others from Thursday morning until Sunday afternoon. I spent the rest of Sunday on the couch, drooling. Not really, I was just emotionally unavailable. Since Nerd & I are both Js, it works for us.

That said, I'm on the cusp. If I spend TOO much time alone, I start to crave it, in small bursts.

Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:06 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:16 pm
On the Internet forums, introverts dominate. Extroverts don't even bother with this as much because they get no energy from it. They are more the Facebook and Instagram crowd.

My hypothesis, aside from most of our politics actually being biological, is that a lot of the shit you see about controlling the Internet is a battle between extroverts and introverts. Extroverts are the ones who want to abolish anonymity online, but anonymity is our lifeblood as introverts. It's what makes frequent interaction possible.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:06 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:14 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:59 pm
DBTrek wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:45 pm
As long as we don’t have too many ETSP/ITSPs around this place.
:shock:

The fact that so many here are just a hair away from ENTP is unsurprising.
We don't really have any extroverts except Carlus, but he's probably trolling us. I cannot believe any of you are extroverts.
Do extroverts (as defined by the test) even post? You're by yourself online, no posse.
No they are busy raping hoes and high fiving bros IRL

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:46 am

Good talk with psychologist Jonathon Haidt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-D__9B2t2E
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:37 pm

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:23 pm

To be honest, I kind of hate extroverts, at least the ones who attempt to corral me into doing stupid unfun shit with other introverts and them. I do not have a snapchat, facebook, twitter or any kind of social media account except this one, and I prefer it that way. I hate every other form of social media worse than I hate the idea of my mom getting bone cancer. In theory, they wouldn't be complete shit, but they seem to be an attention magnet for every girl I date, and these girls always like to post the most frivolous shit on there (fine that's their perogative) and then get irritated at me when I quite correctly do not give a shit about their posts or pictures of us they have taken (nothing on Earth would make me care about your retarded facebook posts taking a picture of your plate of food I'm sorry). The latest girl I dated used to make these cringe-city posts about unconditional love and finding the right guy(this dummy is in her 20s and has had one other long relationship besides me so really she has no idea what she is talking about) and all this sentimental crap that her stupid mind came up with. Usually these ideas were like copypastas of some dumb shit another thot posted on tumblr or facebook. Not even original ideas on her part. Worst of all, she would include pictures of me in these horrible posts, and then look over my shoulder as I read them from her phone screen to make sure I liked them. That's what facebook does to people, it turns them into tech missionaries who need to spread the good news. Oh you don't have an account? Let's make one! What did you think of my post? It mentioned you! (bitch if you want to post about unconditional love, hit the gym and I may love you a little more unconditionally than your current self. I'm just kidding boo, you are totally hot being 25 pounds overweight, and it makes me really happy that you started packing on weight about a year into our relationship, now that you got complacent. I know that I am exercising every day, so it is totally wrong for me to expect you to hold yourself to similar standards.)

I haven't encountered one yet, but there have got to be girls that are not drawn to this kind of silliness right?
Shikata ga nai

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:30 pm

Not in Florida.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:33 pm

I said earlier that personality “tests” would have to be by a disinterested objective observer to be any good to a potential employer. Somebody sloppy saying they’re a perfectionist is just self-delusion.

As to so-called “extroverts,” the M-B test definition is so unintuitive (gains psychic energy in crowds?) as to make it suspect. An extrovert is someone looking for attention. If they require it due to insecurities or are doing it in a command sort of way is the real question.