There Are Still Good Things in the World

SuburbanFarmer

There Are Still Good Things in the World

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:23 pm

I think this place has gotten too negative. Sometimes, we need something positive, to remember what we're all fighting over. Post good things here.
Last edited by SuburbanFarmer on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SuburbanFarmer

Re: There Are Still Good Things in the World

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:44 pm

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:04 am

Account abandoned.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:14 am

Kath wrote:
Poor little cat. Must have still ended up miles from home.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:43 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I think this place has gotten too negative. Sometimes, we need something positive, to remember what we're all fighting over. Post good things here.
I'm probably about to get fired from work, which is a good thing. Already picking out my obama-phone and EBT card. Welfare checks are gonna be a rolling for daralon soon.

Shikata ga nai

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:38 pm

I actually just did this today. Halloween had a lot of challenges for me this AM. I'm away from home working right now. Wife called, water line froze at home, she had no water to get ready for work. I called a guy to get it fixed, which made me late for an early conference call. Then got to the job site. Fifteen minutes in the dozer broke down. I called for service. Then we continued to work. I hopped on the excavator and farted around for about an hour, got a call the gravel supplier didn't want to deliver for stupid reasons.

I sent a text to the boss let him know we were having some issues, he said he was at the hospital his 3 week old baby was spitting up blood. I told him not to worry about it, we'd handle it and good luck. Still haven't heard what happened with the baby.

Made me think, I took some time to call my wife and let her know I appreciated her. We talked briefly and remembered how lucky we are every day.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:20 pm

C-Mag wrote:I actually just did this today. Halloween had a lot of challenges for me this AM. I'm away from home working right now. Wife called, water line froze at home, she had no water to get ready for work. I called a guy to get it fixed, which made me late for an early conference call. Then got to the job site. Fifteen minutes in the dozer broke down. I called for service. Then we continued to work. I hopped on the excavator and farted around for about an hour, got a call the gravel supplier didn't want to deliver for stupid reasons.

I sent a text to the boss let him know we were having some issues, he said he was at the hospital his 3 week old baby was spitting up blood. I told him not to worry about it, we'd handle it and good luck. Still haven't heard what happened with the baby.

Made me think, I took some time to call my wife and let her know I appreciated her. We talked briefly and remembered how lucky we are every day.
:shock: can’t imagine. I hope everything’s ok.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:41 pm

Six years ago tonight, one of my little guys swam for his life and impregnated an egg. Now I live in a van, and I'm wondering how my kid's Halloween went. At least there's that.

Penner

Post by Penner » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:29 pm

This is a nice little thread that, I guess, we all need. Here is my submission:

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:33 pm

I think that was the Rabbit he was telling Lenny Smalls about. He even got to pet that dead mouses head as they walked along the road.
There are good things in this world.
Shikata ga nai