Literal Odds and Ends

Speaker to Animals

Re: Literal Odds and Ends

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:36 am

You hang out there after purchasing something though. I don't just go to Starbucks and sit there for hours without buying something.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:55 am

Liberals on my FB feed are posting pics of empty salad bag sections with captions like "Thanks, California". Should I mention immigration or no? :whistle:

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:00 pm

CAPTION CONTEST:

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:03 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:You hang out there after purchasing something though. I don't just go to Starbucks and sit there for hours without buying something.
I've seen people walk into Starbucks with a McDonalds bag, sit down and start eating, after powering up the laptop. They may have a policy, but it's definitely not equally applied. Doesn't mean it's racism, though.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:12 pm

Kath wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:You hang out there after purchasing something though. I don't just go to Starbucks and sit there for hours without buying something.
I've seen people walk into Starbucks with a McDonalds bag, sit down and start eating, after powering up the laptop. They may have a policy, but it's definitely not equally applied. Doesn't mean it's racism, though.

I would kick them out if I were the manager.

Where did people get the right to walk into a restaurant, park in table, not order anything, and just take up space from actual customers for indefinite periods of time?

All these two clowns had to do was buy a fucking cookie or something.

Then when the police asked them to leave, they refused. Well, I guess you are going to have a hard time, because you don't actually have the right to do that.

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:21 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Kath wrote:

I would kick them out if I were the manager.

Where did people get the right to walk into a restaurant, park in table, not order anything, and just take up space from actual customers for indefinite periods of time?

All these two clowns had to do was buy a fucking cookie or something.

Then when the police asked them to leave, they refused. Well, I guess you are going to have a hard time, because you don't actually have the right to do that.
I completely agree with all that. My point was more that it's not a strict policy, so it's easy to understand why they jump to the racism card. This shit of just squatting at Starbucks all day is not a secret. It happens all over the country, every day. (I'm not saying it's racism, just that it's easy to understand why they think that.)

Side note - we've had occasion to bring in food from one place to another place, but we always let them know why. (Our kid isn't ordering from your menu even if he's starving, so is it okay if he brings in this sandwich we got from Jimmy John's next door?)

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:24 pm

It doesn't have to be a strict policy. It's American custom that you don't walk into a fucking restaurant and just sit there all afternoon without ordering something. The manager has the discretion to boot loiterers all day if he or she wants to. It doesn't matter one bit whether some other Starbucks allows loitering. All they had to do was purchase something. There are cookies for like $2.00 for fuck sake.

Do you have any idea what would happen if you walked into a black-owned chicken shack somewhere in Chicago only to sit there for a few hours without ordering something?? They'd kick your ass out on the street. If you didn't leave, they'd call the police, and the police would arrest you if you still refused to leave the establishment.

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:37 pm

Well, I already agreed with you and I don't believe it was racism in play, here.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:08 pm

I just almost passed out again at the gym.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:13 pm

Fife wrote:CAPTION CONTEST:

"I said one pump, Zack."
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen