The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Fife

Re: The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Post by Fife » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:04 pm

C-Mag wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:I think if I buy a 1/4 inch standard socket set I would be covered for nearly everything when I include a crescent wrench and a pair of channel locks. Pliers and a hammer for taking off doors. I only used a metric socket once to take apart a piece of work out equipment. Fridges and furniture seem to all be standard.
Universal socket

As a Quick N Dirty, that's an awesome rig. It's a total fail on the redundancy meter, way way too many moving parts. But on a normal Tuesday, whip that bitch out. Just keep the stuff that actually works close at hand if you need back up. 8-)

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:51 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:A fire extinguisher is a must for putting out a fire. For home intruders, get a gun.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're a Fucking Red Dragon Doc
Last edited by C-Mag on Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:52 pm

Fife wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:I think if I buy a 1/4 inch standard socket set I would be covered for nearly everything when I include a crescent wrench and a pair of channel locks. Pliers and a hammer for taking off doors. I only used a metric socket once to take apart a piece of work out equipment. Fridges and furniture seem to all be standard.
Universal socket

As a Quick N Dirty, that's an awesome rig. It's a total fail on the redundancy meter, way way too many moving parts. But on a normal Tuesday, whip that bitch out. Just keep the stuff that actually works close at hand if you need back up. 8-)
Agreed.

Based on Nukes constraints, it's a good option.
PLATA O PLOMO

Otern

Post by Otern » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:21 pm

C-Mag wrote: Agreed.

If there's some felonic history there, couldn't he go for a muzzleloader? Seems like your laws regarding antiques and reproductions of muzzle loaders are pretty great.

Also, it's a great excuse to dress up as a 17th century pirate.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:29 pm

Otern wrote:

If there's some felonic history there, couldn't he go for a muzzleloader? Seems like your laws regarding antiques and reproductions of muzzle loaders are pretty great.

Huh? That wanna be all socket is the muzzleloader of sockets. It sure as shit ain't no 6 point socket. (see:AR-15)

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:40 pm

Otern wrote:

Well, firearms made before 1900 are considered antiques and not subject to FFL. You don't have a gun, you have an antique.

Places like this sell them
https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/p ... Category=4

And the prices aren't that bad, considering you can buy a Napoleanic Era Rifle in good condition. But the best work around for laws is the 30-40 Krag.
PLATA O PLOMO

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:43 pm

I'm making enough money to possibly rent an apartment soon. I think I'm going to celebrate by buying some furniture. I'm thinking an AR-15. What name should I buy? I kind of want the colt with iron sites.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:15 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:I'm making enough money to possibly rent an apartment soon. I think I'm going to celebrate by buying some furniture. I'm thinking an AR-15. What name should I buy? I kind of want the colt with iron sites.
Any good quality AR like Colt will do. You can pick up a lot of off brand AR's for under $500. Some are very good, some kind of suck. Let me know if you get one, I'll give you a few pointers to good operation, care and feeding of your AR.
PLATA O PLOMO

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:16 pm

C-Mag wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:I'm making enough money to possibly rent an apartment soon. I think I'm going to celebrate by buying some furniture. I'm thinking an AR-15. What name should I buy? I kind of want the colt with iron sites.
Any good quality AR like Colt will do. You can pick up a lot of off brand AR's for under $500. Some are very good, some kind of suck. Let me know if you get one, I'll give you a few pointers to good operation, care and feeding of your AR.
Sounds good man. I know there are some underrated AR's out there but I think I might shell out the couple hundred for a good name brand.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:08 am

The only gun, apart from low powered air/CO2 guns, I'm allowed to own in Sweden, without a license, is one that is manufactured before 1890 and doesn't use gastight cartridges. What should I look for? They are pretty expensive of course.

Some examples

http://svartkrutskallaren.com/mainsite/ ... ria-vapen/

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck