NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

StCapps

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by StCapps » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:18 pm

Can't protect Barbeiro, should have signed Goloubef or Wiercioch so we could expose them instead and go 4-4-1, but like I said, run by morons.
7-3-1 it is.
:?

Losing Barberio or Pickard, when we don't have to, that's the Avs for you.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:33 pm

Teams can still deal with Vegas, looks like they are going that route instead, they want to see who is exposed first, then swing deals through Vegas, instead of trading blind.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:42 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Teams can still deal with Vegas, looks like they are going that route instead, they want to see who is exposed first, then swing deals through Vegas, instead of trading blind.
GM GM, the most powerful man in hockey, for like a week. All the deals will be kept secret until Thursday, he's the man behind the curtain.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:09 pm

Nylander for Hanafin talk, apparently Leafs balked at them, but are interested in making some other deal for Hanafin, obviously I mean who wouldn't want Hanafin? Leafs countered with Kapanen and a 1st for Hanafin, but Francis wants more and is still mulling over the Duchene trade, apparently can't agree on an exchange of draft picks, fucking Sakic, just pull the fucking trigger, quit quibbling over draft picks and get it done.

Honestly how is Ron Francis even want to trade Hanafin, he's insane to do it for anything less than a kings ransom. He better hope this is fake news, he can shop so many other defensemen given the depth at the position and the prospects in the pipleline that they have, but it's Hanafin he wants to part with, wtf?

Also Leafs looking to deal JVR, but say they won't be lowballed. Tried to make a deal before the deadline, but will have to wait now.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:49 pm

Where you getting these rumours from tho? I see nothing coming from the Leafs, it's the Lamoriello cone of silence.

The only thing I've seen is Darren Dreger saying there's no chance the Leafs are trading any of their young players.

Hanafin for Duchene ain't happening, guy, obvious fake news is obvious.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:37 am

The Avs exposed Pickard and protected Varlamov, told you they were retarded.

Vatanen, Manson, Dumba, Scandella, de Haan and Methot all got exposed as well. Vegas is going to be able to negotiate some sweet deals to not take these guys.
:think:
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:52 am

Smitty-48 wrote:Where you getting these rumours from tho? I see nothing coming from the Leafs, it's the Lamoriello cone of silence.

The only thing I've seen is Darren Dreger saying there's no chance the Leafs are trading any of their young players.

Hanafin for Duchene ain't happening, guy, obvious fake news is obvious.
I saw the Leafs pushing for JVR deadline deals all over Twitter pre-deadline and after saying they were still looking to move him, the other speculation in the above statement has far less sources backing it up. Could all be fake news, most rumors usually are, especially when they consist of rampant speculation based on anonymous sources that the media trusts.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:23 am

StCapps wrote:I saw the Leafs pushing for JVR deadline deals all over Twitter pre-deadline and after saying they were still looking to move him, the other speculation in the above statement has far less sources backing it up. Could all be fake news, most rumors usually are, especially when they consist of rampant speculation based on anonymous sources that the media trusts.
So, fake news then. The Leafs say nothing on twitter, there's only media fapping, Lamoriello has imposed an absolute media blackout until he has something to announce. Which, is actually quite liberating, there's no sense chasing Leaf remours anymore, because nothing is happending until it is has happened, and Lou will let us know when something has happened, thus, in the meantime, mo Blue Jays basically.

The media fappers were convinced that Josh Leivo was on the way out, then who do the Leafs protect? Josh Leivo. Which, good, since I didn't get why they would just give Josh Leivo away, he's got more upside than either Rychel (too slow) or Leipsic (too small), and Leivo is ready to contribute right now.

Josh Leivo is a poor man's JVR, not quite as much touch around the net, but he's got some serious touch, and he's much more physical, third round pick developed all internally, why throw him away just as he's starting to pan out? He's got a legit NHL shot with a nose for the net, likes to play in traffic, is 6'2", and in four years went from 180lbs to 215lbs, these are the kind of guys that fill out your team at low cost, if you just give them time to develop.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:13 am

Sounds like Avs are leaning towards Cale Makar with the fourth overall pick. I'm hoping they are feigning that because they think Miro Heiskanen will be gone before four and they want to make it seem like they got the guy they wanted all along by saying they will pick the guy most likely to drop to four. But you never know, the Avs might actually be one of those teams that thinks Makar is the best d-man available, instead of just pretending he is to increase their odds of shopping the pick for a better price, knowing that a bunch of teams are in love with Makar and might be willing to trade up to get him.
*yip*

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:01 pm

Hey PuckHead Snaggle-Toothed Cousins: What's the 411 on the expansion draft reveal? Is there a time the whole Vegas draft is revealed tonight, or is drug out over hours for some TV gibs?

I really like learning some hockey from you guys, especially as it relates to my hometown team. Did the Preds fuck up their list in any big way? Who is the most likely to get nabbed by Vegas? Man I don't want to lose James Neal, but I think I rather see him go than McLeod or Sissons.

Nashville Predators

Protected players
Viktor Arvidsson (F)
Filip Forsberg (F)
Calle Jarnkrok (F)
Ryan Johansen (F)
Mattias Ekholm (D)
Ryan Ellis (D)
Roman Josi (D)
P.K. Subban (D)
Pekka Rinne (G)

Available players