Social Justice Warriors Thread

heydaralon

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by heydaralon » Fri May 19, 2017 8:28 pm

BjornP wrote:
heydaralon wrote:Bjorn:

Do most Europeans like or dislike Merkel?
Depends both on country and ideology. German people generelly like her and continue to vote for her party.

Pro-EU federalists like her, so do most center-left and center-right. But she is considered to be too much of a friend to the financial sector and for a undermining of welfare states for alot on the further left than social democrats.

In Denmark most i know found her patronizing on the issue of taking in refugees and annoyed with Germany (and Sweden) for making us the transit country between the two favorit refugee destination countries. Immigrant-refusing countries like Hungary and Poland no doubt share that sentiment.

She seems to be well respected in the Belgium and Luxembourg.

Greeks hate her guts. Especially on the left. She's seen as the one who imposed harsh austerity meausures on Greece.

Otoh, even those politically dislike her, respect her. Well... again, except for the Greeks.
In college I took a German class. The teacher was from Germany and she told us that Greek newspapers were printing pictures of Merkel with a hitler mustache after the austerity measures took place. I had a good laugh about that...
Shikata ga nai

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sat May 20, 2017 1:47 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Woman in a drug and alcohol-fueled rage tries to stab her boyfriend to death. The judge lets her off because she has a "promising career as a heart surgeon".

That's right. The woman who tried to murder a man, who was on drugs at the time, should not go to prison because the paternalistic judge thinks she needs to be operating on human beings...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... avoid-jail

If anything, this just shows how enthusiastic this woman is for surgical procedures. :violence-axechase:
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Sat May 20, 2017 3:18 pm

Alabama lawmakers approve Confederate monument protections
Alabama lawmakers of Friday approved sweeping protections for Confederate monuments, names and other historic memorials . . . .

The measure "would prohibit the relocation, removal, alteration, renaming, or other disturbance of any architecturally significant building, memorial building, memorial street, or monument" that has stood on public property for 40 or more years," . . . . Changes to names or memorials installed between 20 and 40 years ago would need permission from a new state commission.

African-American lawmakers opposed the bill at every step of the legislative process, saying argued that solidifies a shameful legacy of slavery.

"You say we are protecting history. We are not protecting history. We are protecting monuments that represent oppression to a large part of the people in the state of Alabama," said Sen. Hank Sanders, an African-American Democrat from Selma.

Supporters argued that the measure should protect all kinds of history — not just Confederate symbols.

Sen. Gerald Allen, the bill's Republican sponsor, criticized what he called a "wave of political correctness" wiping out monuments to people he said were historically significant even if they had their personal flaws.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat May 20, 2017 3:26 pm

A little too late for Lee's Circle.

What's really clapping my ass is that blacks don't actually give a shit about these monuments. It's a bunch of leftists and Jews pushing this shit.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Sat May 20, 2017 4:22 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:A little too late for Lee's Circle.

What's really clapping my ass is that blacks don't actually give a shit about these monuments. It's a bunch of leftists and Jews pushing this shit.
I would hazard a guess that most people born since, say, 1980 don't really care about or really understand state's rights. I suspect it's hard for young people to grasp how committed people like R. E. Lee were to their own State and how the Civil War tested their loyalty to their State vs. the federal gov't.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat May 20, 2017 5:06 pm

You might be surprised what Gen Z is into these days..

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat May 20, 2017 6:15 pm

de officiis wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:A little too late for Lee's Circle.

I would hazard a guess that most people born since, say, 1980 don't really care about or really understand state's rights. I suspect it's hard for young people to grasp how committed people like R. E. Lee were to their own State and how the Civil War tested their loyalty to their State vs. the federal gov't.
People born since then don't see a utility for the states as anything more than administrative districts. We were raised as Americans first, and to be fair, that's how we're taught it works. The states have been losing power since the end of the Civil War, and lost even more during the Civil Rights Movement by having "state's rights" be used for idiotic causes like segregation.

The homogenization of American culture brought to us by modern communication and modern businesses has exacerbated this.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat May 20, 2017 6:33 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote: What cause should he take on instead?
Spacing all the degenerates from the station and starting over.
Define degenerates.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat May 20, 2017 6:46 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Spacing all the degenerates from the station and starting over.
Define degenerates.

I enjoyed that, I liked that they told that story from the Soviet experience.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun May 21, 2017 7:32 pm