Social Justice Warriors Thread

heydaralon

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by heydaralon » Fri May 19, 2017 12:01 am

Bjorn:

Do most Europeans like or dislike Merkel?
Shikata ga nai

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri May 19, 2017 12:22 am

heydaralon wrote:Bjorn:

Do most Europeans like or dislike Merkel?
Depends both on country and ideology. German people generelly like her and continue to vote for her party.

Pro-EU federalists like her, so do most center-left and center-right. But she is considered to be too much of a friend to the financial sector and for a undermining of welfare states for alot on the further left than social democrats.

In Denmark most i know found her patronizing on the issue of taking in refugees and annoyed with Germany (and Sweden) for making us the transit country between the two favorit refugee destination countries. Immigrant-refusing countries like Hungary and Poland no doubt share that sentiment.

She seems to be well respected in the Belgium and Luxembourg.

Greeks hate her guts. Especially on the left. She's seen as the one who imposed harsh austerity meausures on Greece.

Otoh, even those politically dislike her, respect her. Well... again, except for the Greeks.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Fri May 19, 2017 1:37 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fife wrote:Fatties are super funny. That doesn't have anything to do with the First Rule of Funny and the self-immolation of SNL.

This is you right now, still not realizing that your libertarianism is a lost cause:

Me and nukedog are just going to space the whole station and start over. Join us.
What cause should he take on instead?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 19, 2017 6:50 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Fife wrote:Fatties are super funny. That doesn't have anything to do with the First Rule of Funny and the self-immolation of SNL.

This is you right now, still not realizing that your libertarianism is a lost cause:

Me and nukedog are just going to space the whole station and start over. Join us.
Spacing all the degenerates from the station and starting over.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri May 19, 2017 7:54 am

My brand of "libertarianism" isn't quite what you make it out to be. E.g., I'm all for spacing degenerates.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri May 19, 2017 9:21 am

BjornP wrote:
California wrote: EU = Germany

Without Germany the EU ceases to exist. Its like the Holy Roman Empire all over agin. You guys should know by now to never give those people any power
No. I realize you may hear most about Merkel and Germany in your news, but Germany doesn't dictate that other European countries should follow their laws.

And don't tell me you seriously believe Germans are somehow more culturally or historically inclined towards imperialism or dominating their neighbours than, say France or Britain? :roll: Even if that was ever true, todays 21st cent. Germany isn't Prussia or Nazi Germany, let alone the HRE..They are pacifist and non-interventionist as a culture now.
A lot of that post was tongue-in-cheek, but you can't deny that Germany is the dominant force in the EU?

It does make sense that the little shitty countries like Luxembourg and Belgium are the most fervent EU supporters though, they stand to gain a lot more from a grouping than the Great Powers do.

That being said, Belgium is my favorite country just because of these two

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri May 19, 2017 10:05 am

Fife wrote:My brand of "libertarianism" isn't quite what you make it out to be. E.g., I'm all for spacing degenerates.
I'm a libertarian fascist AMA

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 19, 2017 11:05 am

SJWs poisoned Robert Spencer (JihadWatch):

https://www.steynonline.com/7820/the-po ... rt-spencer

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 19, 2017 11:17 am

Woman in a drug and alcohol-fueled rage tries to stab her boyfriend to death. The judge lets her off because she has a "promising career as a heart surgeon".

That's right. The woman who tried to murder a man, who was on drugs at the time, should not go to prison because the paternalistic judge thinks she needs to be operating on human beings...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... avoid-jail

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Fri May 19, 2017 1:21 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:

Spacing all the degenerates from the station and starting over.
Define degenerates.