The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Okeefenokee

Re: The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:04 pm

Check this shit out,

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:11 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:I agree, I don't have any problem using the 870 at close quarters, I was weaned on doing CQB with a FN FAL, so the tactical 870 feels very compact to me, like I say, it's shorter than a fully collapsed M4, so unless it's tunnel rat duty or something like that, I'm very comfortable with the gauge at point blank.

I'd honestly be perfectly comfortable with the FN FAL too, no problemo. There's no angle nor obstacle I can't negotiate tactically up in here with a long gun, ain't no thang.

And bear in mind, even with a handgun, I wouldn't sweep and clear through the house at full extension over the front sight, keep it tight to you, drive it out on the front sight if there is a target, but if it's right on top of you, feel free to shoot from the hip too, or what I like to do, is half way between, I just pull it back tight to the body and shoot from the chest, use your free hand to ward him off, while you shoot from tight, just don't shoot yourself in the hand, sweep your free arm up and away when you fire. You can also have a CQC knife in that free hand too, that way you're warding with much more bite if you encounter someone right on top of you. Defend your gun, keep it tight to you with the knife, if a point blank ambush, you strike out with the knife, while you pull the gun back with the rest of you to shoot them as necessary.
Well I guess I'll carry my edc auto knife in the left pocket then. Good advice fam

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:12 pm

Damn naw. That's really weird. It stays in the right pocket

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:26 pm

I'm right handed, so it's knife left, sidearm right, both get drawn at the same time, knife in the left overhand grip, left thumb hooked behind right thumb when the sidearm is driven out over the front sight, right hand over left when pulled in tight, gun across the chest, knife out. Point blank contact, strike out with the left, pull back with the right.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:27 pm

Have you tried the knife in the scout position so that you can more easily draw with your left hand in either reverse or forward grip?

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:32 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Have you tried the knife in the scout position so that you can more easily draw with your left hand in either reverse or forward grip?
If full on tactical, I'd have them both on the chest rig, I like it all up high, the knife down and to the left, drawn with the left, ice pick grip, the gun above and center, drawn with and to the right.

That's the way I roll, because normally I would have had ammo pouches on my belt kit. I carried 18 mags in 6 pouches, so that took up all of the front and sides of the belt, so I got in the habit of carrying the CQC kit on the chest.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:43 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Have you tried the knife in the scout position so that you can more easily draw with your left hand in either reverse or forward grip?
If full on tactical, I'd have them both on the chest rig, I like it all up high, the knife down and to the left, drawn with the left, ice pick grip, the gun above and center, drawn with and to the right.

That's the way I roll, because normally I would have had ammo pouches on my belt kit.

I don't know about gearing up for infantry, but carrying a fixed-blade knife (for me) is ideal in the scout position. I can deploy that knife in any grip I want without having to twist my hand in some hyper-flexed position, and I don't have to deploy it and then change the grip (which in a fight would be pretty shitty, unlike in the movies).

It depends upon the knife, though. I would shop around for the knife with the right handle design, finger guard, and blade shape.

I am stuck in a state that criminalized concealed carry of fixed-blade knives, though, so I am stuck with pocket knives.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:45 pm

It's all personal preference, but when it comes to drawing knife and sidearm for CQC, quick contact, I don't want my hands down, I want them up in the guard position, if I'm reaching low to get at it, that leaves me open to be wrapped up in a bear hug, I don't like dropping my guard in close contact, as I may have to use UAC and beat the guy back with my fists in extremis.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:47 pm

I could probably carry something like this without running afoul of the concealment laws. This thing is a tank.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:49 pm

I never thought to ask you guys. I tried to ask /k/ on 4chan but just got meme responses. What is the best way to CHC a g17? It's full sized. I don't see any way to correctly conceal it. I might trade it for a g19.