Game of Thrones - mostly

clubgop

Re: Game of Thrones - mostly

Post by clubgop » Thu May 09, 2019 11:20 pm

brewster wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:11 pm
StCapps wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:50 pm
A funny ending is not a good ending, it's not a comedy. It's not Game of Republics either.
Eh, like I said, anything is better than what we're likely to get. It could be funny, in like a dark way. It's not too hard to picture Tyrion losing his shit and giving the Joe Pesci speech:

You mean, let me understand this ... cuz I ... maybe its me, maybe I'm a little fucked up maybe. I'm funny how, I mean funny, like I'm a clown? I amuse you. I make you laugh? I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? Whattya you mean funny? Funny how? How am I funny?

And then dispatching Cersei with an axe.
[/quote]

Everyone knows that'll be Jaime.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu May 09, 2019 11:21 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 10:20 pm
clubgop wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 3:10 pm
brewster wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:06 pm

Too bad westeros isn't a democracy, she'd be a shoo in.
How many times do you have to be shown we dont want Hillary?

Jon Snow is a tall dark handsome multiple war hero with the lineage of a Kennedy and a Bush.
Descended from bootleggers?
Kennedy were bootleggers didnt think the Bushes were. As Bron would say "how did all the great houses start?"

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri May 10, 2019 1:06 am

Kath wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:24 am
StCapps wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 3:10 pm
, unless you are embellishing your hate just to troll people.
This. He probably doesn't even hate it. He's been mostly only trolling this forum for quite some time, now. It's his version of comedy.
Neither of you would have even heard about this show if it wasn't for me. You're welcome. I have a right to my opinion because I put in the work, watched the show, and gave you the 411 on it. You both do not have a right to yours, since all you do is throw personal attacks at me and just say incorrect info about the show.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri May 10, 2019 1:12 am

Speaking of funny guy's, oh look, it's heydaralon.
*yip*

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri May 10, 2019 8:52 am

It's not really that predictable...

We know Dany is going to go Mad Queen.... and she's gonna die... that is predictable.

We know Cersi is going to die... but will Jamie go back to her and die by her side or kill her... either could happen... either would be good...
The narrative could take him in either direction... I like option one better somehow... he's not really that redeemable.... but it's possible.

We know the Mountain will probably be killed my the Hound... ok that's fine.

We suspect Jon will kill Dany... but exactly how this goes down... I can't exactly call it.... it should be epic.

As for Tyrion and Varys... they seem set to be key players in Dany's demise.... Tyrion will probably abandon her and help Varys set the stage for the long knives somehow...

Grey Worm is gonna kick some ass... but will he remain loyal to Dany to the end?

Brom... he's gonna have to die... he's a wild card... what the fuck is he up to?

Yara will dispatch Eeron I assume... she'll sail in to intervene somehow....

And Arya... I hope to god they don't make her the key player in all of this... I hope she gets hit by a rogue scorpion bolt.

Anyhoo... I look forward to post show analysis....
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

brewster

Post by brewster » Fri May 10, 2019 9:17 am

I'm starting to think Jon is going to get offed by Dany before someone else does her. How about Bran warging into a flock of crows and pecking her to death like the sisters in the original Grimms Cinderella? I mean, that guy has been so fucking useless so far despite being such a grand poobah of hooha.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri May 10, 2019 9:24 am

brewster wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:17 am
I'm starting to think Jon is going to get offed by Dany before someone else does her. How about Bran warging into a flock of crows and pecking her to death like the sisters in the original Grimms Cinderella? I mean, that guy has been so fucking useless so far despite being such a grand poobah of hooha.
I thought in the original Cinderella the ugly sisters were danced to death in red hot shoes.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri May 10, 2019 9:32 am

Never mind, I just looked it up and you are correct. In the original, a flock of doves and pigeons is summoned to peck out their eyes and disfigure their beautiful faces.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

brewster

Post by brewster » Fri May 10, 2019 9:35 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:24 am
brewster wrote:
I thought in the original Cinderella the ugly sisters were danced to death in red hot shoes.
Isn't that Anderson's The Red Shoes? Well it seems I mis-remembered, but its just as nasty. My daughter says I traumatized her by reading her a few Grimms when she was small!
When the wedding with the prince was to be held, the two false sisters came, wanting to gain favor with Cinderella and to share her good fortune. When the bridal couple walked into the church, the older sister walked on their right side and the younger on their left side, and the pigeons pecked out one eye from each of them. Afterwards, as they came out of the church, the older one was on the left side, and the younger one on the right side, and then the pigeons pecked out the other eye from each of them. And thus, for their wickedness and falsehood, they were punished with blindness as long as they lived.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri May 10, 2019 9:50 am

brewster wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:35 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:24 am
brewster wrote:
Isn't that Anderson's The Red Shoes? Well it seems I mis-remembered, but its just as nasty. My daughter says I traumatized her by reading her a few Grimms when she was small!
When the wedding with the prince was to be held, the two false sisters came, wanting to gain favor with Cinderella and to share her good fortune. When the bridal couple walked into the church, the older sister walked on their right side and the younger on their left side, and the pigeons pecked out one eye from each of them. Afterwards, as they came out of the church, the older one was on the left side, and the younger one on the right side, and then the pigeons pecked out the other eye from each of them. And thus, for their wickedness and falsehood, they were punished with blindness as long as they lived.
I'm not sure where I got that from.
In old English faery lore it was common for victims to be enchanted by their music and be compelled to dance until they died from exhaustion. It was often used to explain the wasting away of TB sufferers who were thought to have been victims of faeries who summoned them in their sleep and forced them to dance all night.