Social Justice Warriors Thread

Fife

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Fife » Sat May 13, 2017 10:08 am

It's a younger women weekend at the Hashhouse! :goteam: :drunk:

brewster

Post by brewster » Sat May 13, 2017 10:10 am

Well folks, those of you who know me know I'm pretty liberal, but I totally fell on the grenade battling the Cultural Appropriation bullshit this week on a liberal site. Holy shit, these people don't give a crap about free speech and expression. A "Native American" was going off about how they has a "right" to control how they and their culture were portrayed and used in the media, including their music. When I said they had the right of free speech like anyone else to protest anything that pissed them off, that wasn't enough, he asserted a "Moral Right".

That's when I lost it. I said someone asserting a Moral Right was one of the most terrifying things a person can hear, everyone from the Nazis to the Taliban committed atrocities in the name of "Moral Rights". I said this many differnet way and got no traction. I was accused of being inframammary, as everyone sucked up to this precious flower who wanted to deny them free expression. Then it got really stupid, as he said that whites who really kissed the asses long and hard of the keepers of their culture would get a pass, but not someone who didn't pay their dues. So what about Paul Simon raiding African music? Oh, well that was cool. What about a 3rd worlder who can't afford to come and study with the masters and just grabs what she likes and goes with it? Oh that's complicated and we'd need to know more. Why? Because this is really just about punishing whites. Oh yeah, this person also asserted his was a sovereign nation under armed occupation.

These moron are unable to see the slippery slopes of their pandering to a nonwhite "victim", that if they get their way we'd have no literature, since no one would be permitted to write about anyone but themselves. We'd have no interesting music, since being influenced by someone else's music will be banned. Goodby rock and roll. One of my detractors kept repeating "it's not censorship". When you demand a right to control the expression of others beyond your own free speech, it IS censorship. At least the absurd firing of the Canadian about the Cultural Appropriation" essay was just social pressure. Social pressure has done a lot of good gaining people civil rights. Now it's apparently going to be taking them away.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat May 13, 2017 10:17 am

brewster wrote:Well folks, those of you who know me know I'm pretty liberal, but I totally fell on the grenade battling the Cultural Appropriation bullshit this week on a liberal site. Holy shit, these people don't give a crap about free speech and expression. A "Native American" was going off about how they has a "right" to control how they and their culture were portrayed and used in the media, including their music. When I said they had the right of free speech like anyone else to protest anything that pissed them off, that wasn't enough, he asserted a "Moral Right".

That's when I lost it. I said someone asserting a Moral Right was one of the most terrifying things a person can hear, everyone from the Nazis to the Taliban committed atrocities in the name of "Moral Rights". I said this many differnet way and got no traction. I was accused of being inframammary, as everyone sucked up to this precious flower who wanted to deny them free expression. Then it got really stupid, as he said that whites who really kissed the asses long and hard of the keepers of their culture would get a pass, but not someone who didn't pay their dues. So what about Paul Simon raiding African music? Oh, well that was cool. What about a 3rd worlder who can't afford to come and study with the masters and just grabs what she likes and goes with it? Oh that's complicated and we'd need to know more. Why? Because this is really just about punishing whites. Oh yeah, this person also asserted his was a sovereign nation under armed occupation.

These moron are unable to see the slippery slopes of their pandering to a nonwhite "victim", that if they get their way we'd have no literature, since no one would be permitted to write about anyone but themselves. We'd have no interesting music, since being influenced by someone else's music will be banned. Goodby rock and roll. One of my detractors kept repeating "it's not censorship". When you demand a right to control the expression of others beyond your own free speech, it IS censorship. At least the absurd firing of the Canadian about the Cultural Appropriation" essay was just social pressure. Social pressure has done a lot of good gaining people civil rights. Now it's apparently going to be taking them away.
Identity politics is how a "multicultrual" society has to operate. We signed on for this shit a long time ago.

What pisses them off is that, by "appropriating" their culture, they perceive their political unity being attacked. Many whites don't get it because they haven't yet realized they live in a society now run on identity politics. You basically wore blue at a bloods funeral.

Whites have to start looking out for their collective interests or we are going to get our asses handed to us down the line.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat May 13, 2017 10:20 am

Brew, welcome back to sane Liberalism.

p.s. Start listening to my new season (starting at episode 201) of "PRay TeLL, Dr. Hash" for some rhetorical ammo (or just to calm your nerves). PRay TeLL, Dr. Hash
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

brewster

Post by brewster » Sat May 13, 2017 10:32 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Whites have to start looking out for their collective interests or we are going to get our asses handed to us down the line.
I don't agree with that, it just perpetuates the bullshit of "us and them". As does this cultural appropriation crap.

Thanks Hash, but I never left sane liberalism, IMO. My views have not changed. I'm a moderate liberal with a narrow streak of Libertarianism when it comes to race. I believe Govt should not be in the race business, but in the equal protection of our rights business.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat May 13, 2017 10:35 am

brewster wrote:
I don't agree with that, it just perpetuates the bullshit of "us and them". As does this cultural appropriation crap.

Thanks Hash, but I never left sane liberalism, IMO. My views have not changed. I'm a moderate liberal with a narrow streak of Libertarianism when it comes to race. I believe Govt should not be in the race business, but in the equal protection of our rights business.

Because it actually is us and them. Maybe you haven't noticed, but the other races are using this against us pretty much across the board. Meanwhile we have whites in the democratic party actively and openly throwing us under the bus.

It would be great if that were not the truth. But it is the truth whether you like it or not.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat May 13, 2017 11:11 am

The Bureau of Preferred Nomenclature will not be amused.

Caitlyn Jenner’s First Name Plummets on the Annual List of Most Popular Baby Names
A year after Caitlyn Jenner announced her new name and gender, the popularity of the name Caitlyn plummeted more than any other baby name, according to Social Security's annual list of the most popular baby names.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Sat May 13, 2017 11:27 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:

Why all the vids of pontificating 20' something chicks? No one give a shit about what they think or say - except other pontificating 20' something chicks....

Unless ND, STA, and Fife --> Image
No - wait - DB stated this I think....way back.....with the girl with huge eyes....

*Edit - this double posting shit is really starting to piss me off - I don't want to have to stand up a WinBox just to post.... :doh:
Nelson was an officer as a teenager and Napoleon defended an entire city at 20 something.
Lolz - these chicks aren't Nelson or Napoleon......
So fucking what, young people can do awesome shit and judge situations better than anyone around them.

You don't think it would be good for everyone if this current from of politicking would go away?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat May 13, 2017 11:32 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
You don't think it would be good for everyone if this current from of politicking would go away?

I'll tell you what. Convince the other racial groups to stop and then we can discuss that.

Does that sound fair?

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Sat May 13, 2017 11:56 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:I shouldn't listen to an opinion because a woman expresses it??

That's about as retarded as the dingbats who tell men they can't wear cargo shorts.

No - that's not where I was going with my comment - this shit is add click bait that resonates within the ether echo chamber.