The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

DBTrek

Re: The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Post by DBTrek » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:50 pm

I like the spread. I’m accurate enough to hit targets on the range no problem, but I’ve never shot at anything shooting back at me.
The Judge seems like a good choice to me because if you keep your cool under fire, then you’ve got no worries. If you panic, at least the Judge offers the option of cowering behind a wall like a Parkland cop and dumping copious sprays of lead in the general direction of what you’re trying to kill.

The Judge - a gun with a panic option.
:P
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:54 pm

If you're shooting the #6 pellets for a wide spread, that didn't even go through sheet metal, point blank, with #4 pellets for lethality, the spread was not that much, he was softball sized spread with that, if you're gonna miss with a bullet at that range, then you probably missed with a softball too, particularly with a mule kick on a chick wrist under duress.

I say again, the chick under panicked duress gun would be compact, low recoil, lots of rounds, empty the whole mag into him, if at point blank.

Just 5 shells of #6 pellets, fired wildly in a panic? I don't think that increases your odds of actually ending the engagement decisively, if you're gonna spray and pray, spray 15 x 9 milly semi-jack, #6 pellets is a recipe for the guy to be able to shoot you right back, that's a whiffle ball shot.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:57 pm

DBTrek wrote:I like the spread. I’m accurate enough to hit targets on the range no problem, but I’ve never shot at anything shooting back at me.
The Judge seems like a good choice to me because if you keep your cool under fire, then you’ve got no worries. If you panic, at least the Judge offers the option of cowering behind a wall like a Parkland cop and dumping copious sprays of lead in the general direction of what you’re trying to kill.

Now imagine your kids mixed up amongst the threats.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:00 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
DBTrek wrote:I like the spread. I’m accurate enough to hit targets on the range no problem, but I’ve never shot at anything shooting back at me.

That's where you need the AR15 carbine with the holo sight, five-five-six is like a scalpel, at close range, one shot one kill, instant death, right in the medulla, shoot for the upper lip.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:04 pm

Obviously situational awareness plays into a firefight no matter what sidearm you’re packing. If my kids are in the way I’m probably going in with a knife, so it doesn’t matter what gun I’m *not* using.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:07 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:

That's where you need the AR15 carbine with the holo sight, five-five-six is like a scalpel, at close range, one shot one kill, instant death, right in the medulla, shoot for the upper lip.

Yeah, I have been thinking about that more and more.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:08 pm

Re; Hickok and the big spread with #6 pellets; I got a buddy who got hit with #6 pellets, they were just goofing around and some clown shot him, negligent discharge.

He didn't even go to the hospital, he just picked the pellets out with a knife. #6 pellets are smaller than BB's.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:13 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:

Yeah, I have been thinking about that more and more.
Five-five-six CQ, with a holo sight, it's like a laser, you just put the red dot on the upper lip, point and click; he's dead before he hits the ground, he's dead before he even starts falling in fact.

This is why I don't concern myself too much with magazine capacity with five-five-six for CQ, it's honestly one shot one kill, every time, with plenty of time to change mags in between. It's so fuckin accurate, at that range, you really can just shoot them all in the head.

Doesn't take that much training neither, not for close range, I can take recruits from never shot before to consistent head shots, in about a week, chicks, fat kids, whatever, the AR15 is pansy proof.

In Recce Platoon we'd shoot nickels, tape a nickel to the target over the mouth, shoot for that, point n' click.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:00 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:If you're shooting the #6 pellets for a wide spread, that didn't even go through sheet metal, point blank, with #4 pellets for lethality, the spread was not that much, he was softball sized spread with that, if you're gonna miss with a bullet at that range, then you probably missed with a softball too, particularly with a mule kick on a chick wrist under duress.

I say again, the chick under panicked duress gun would be compact, low recoil, lots of rounds, empty the whole mag into him, if at point blank.

Just 5 shells of #6 pellets, fired wildly in a panic? I don't think that increases your odds of actually ending the engagement decisively, if you're gonna spray and pray, spray 15 x 9 milly semi-jack, #6 pellets is a recipe for the guy to be able to shoot you right back, that's a whiffle ball shot.
Like I said, the Judge .410 is a handy and nifty snake gun, with some dove loads. Other than that, what you gonna do, shoot some fucker trying to jack your F-250 if you can convince him to stick his head inside your window first?

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:04 pm

You can get shitty birdshot loads for an 870 as well. Maybe we should dismiss them too - on account of all ammo isn’t great for home defense or something.

Sounds reasonable.
Pffft