Cool Hobbies/Interests/Whatever

Fife

Re: Cool Hobbies/Interests/Whatever

Post by Fife » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:50 pm

Toxic

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:18 pm

I used to drink probably a gallon of soda per day. Now, coffee is the only thing I want. Maybe a small soda with lunch, if it's spicy.
I've already dropped 15 lbs, just from doing that.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:22 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I used to drink probably a gallon of soda per day. Now, coffee is the only thing I want. Maybe a small soda with lunch, if it's spicy.
Nice move brother, keep it up.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:42 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I used to drink probably a gallon of soda per day. Now, coffee is the only thing I want. Maybe a small soda with lunch, if it's spicy.
I've been reducing my diet soda consumption for over a year - down to a can a day, if that. My issue is that I love the stuff and can't find an adequate replacement. I've tried stuff like La Croix, and that stuff tastes NASTY.

I've been working my way up to cold brew coffee, but it doesn't have that bubbly carbonation fun that I'm a sucker for. I've tried the stuff from homemade soda machines - nothing comes close to a diet cherry coke for me.
Account abandoned.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:49 am

Kath wrote:
I've been reducing my diet soda consumption for over a year - down to a can a day, if that. My issue is that I love the stuff and can't find an adequate replacement. I've tried stuff like La Croix, and that stuff tastes NASTY.

I've been working my way up to cold brew coffee, but it doesn't have that bubbly carbonation fun that I'm a sucker for. I've tried the stuff from homemade soda machines - nothing comes close to a diet cherry coke for me.
It took a little while, but when I discovered French Vanilla liquid creamer, it was all over. Over the years, I've used gradually less creamer, and weaned myself down from the constant sugar hit.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:52 am

I put it down for a few weeks, but then I drink one diet soda and it's back.

There is no beverage quite like it.

Personally, I suspect the aspartame is a kind of drug. When I was young and Frank sugar sodas, I never had any major compulsion to drink them. As far as sugar fixes, there were better ways to get sugar (gummie bears and those little spree candies).

I think aspartame might work partially by triggering some neural response in addition to sweetness. I suspect that is why they don't want to switch to other sweeteners like sucralose even though they are cheaper.

I don't even crave sugar or sweet things anymore. I think this is a completely different problem.

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:15 pm

I'm likely going to just stop the diet cola altogether and stick to iced tea (unsweet, of course,) in the afternoon. It's not about the sweetness, it's the fizz / caffeine hit.

I'll never give up my diet Ginger-ale, though. It's my favorite mixer.
Account abandoned.

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:27 pm

I've mostly cut out soda entirely... I might have a 16oz one if I stop for a couple slices of pizza (once in a blue moon), but otherwise drink OJ (with pulp) in winter, lemonade or grape juice in summer, maybe the occasional sports drink, and lots of water.

Oh yeah, and coffee... black. Cut that down to one 16-20oz in the morning, and once in a blue moon if I'm in the mood I keep decaf around for one at night.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:43 pm

Soda free. Fast food free. But ... you know ... alcohol and cigars.
;)

Gotta enjoy life while you’re here, right? All things in moderation (including moderation).
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:55 pm

Fruit juice IS BAD for you.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change