NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

StCapps

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by StCapps » Wed May 31, 2017 9:20 am

Maybe when the Pens stop getting run out of the rink, I'll believe you. Until then Nashville clearly has a pretty good punchers chance and you should be worried about the way your team is playing, they can't even get the puck to the slot yet. You are too over confident because you won one game and yet, 9 times out of 10, your team losses that game.

The Pens were far from happy with their performance and know they can't play that way going forward and still win the series. Yet you somehow remain oblivious to how shitty your team played, because you're that much of a homer. At least the Pens know they played like shit and Mike Sullivan and co. are going to plan accordingly, if you were coach you'd be like "keep it up boys, we got the Preds right where we want em!".
*yip*

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Wed May 31, 2017 9:29 am

Rinne does have one victory against the Pens. It was in a relief effort and that was back in Jan of 2009!
Lifetime he has a 3.57 goals-against average and an .880 save percentage vs the Pens. Ouch!
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Wed May 31, 2017 9:32 am

StCapps wrote:Maybe when the Pens stop getting run out of the rink, I'll believe you. Until then Nashville clearly has a pretty good punchers chance and you should be worried about the way your team is playing, they can't even get the puck to the slot yet. You are too over confident because you won one game and yet, 9 times out of 10, your team losses that game.

The Pens were far from happy with their performance and know they can't play that way going forward and still win the series. Yet you somehow remain oblivious to how shitty your team played, because you're that much of a homer. At least the Pens know they played like shit and Mike Sullivan and co. are going to plan accordingly, if you were coach you'd be like "keep it up boys, we got the Preds right where we want em!".
WTF are you talking about? I know they played like shit! I never denied that asscookie! I said that they played like complete shit and that the Preds played about as good as they can, yet the Pens somehow still won. My point being doubt has for sure crept into the minds of the Preds players and that will spell doom for them if they lose game 2 in ANY fashion!

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed May 31, 2017 9:36 am

SilverEagle wrote:My point being doubt has for sure crept into the minds of the Preds players and that will spell doom for them if they lose game 2 in ANY fashion!
Your point is dumb, because the doubt has begun in the Pens head more than the Preds. The Preds just need to keep doing what they did last game, it's the Pens who have to switch it up, having to play better raises more doubt than being able to stick to a gameplan that already worked.

The Preds and Pens have never played each other in a playoff series, your lifetime stats are irrelevant, the situation is completely different, and Rinne has a better team in front of him than he has in the past.
Last edited by StCapps on Wed May 31, 2017 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Wed May 31, 2017 9:40 am

StCapps wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:My point being doubt has for sure crept into the minds of the Preds players and that will spell doom for them if they lose game 2 in ANY fashion!
Your point is dumb, because the doubt has begun in the Pens head more than the Preds. The Preds just need to keep doing what they did last game, it's the Pens who have to switch it up, having to play better raises more doubt than being able to stick to a gameplan that already worked.
Yeah, all that Cup experience and the Preds, that have basically no Cup experience, are in the Pens heads. :roll:

Doubt didn't get in there heads vs the Cap or the Sens but I'm the dumb one here.
Last edited by SilverEagle on Wed May 31, 2017 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed May 31, 2017 9:41 am

Cup experience. If that is the only thing about your team that you can tout after game 1, it went fucking terrible. You got run out the rink, that doesn't intimidate any team, let alone the Preds, maybe once you stop playing like shit, then you might get in their heads. Until then, they are in your heads, they smashed the shit out of your team in Game 1, cup experience hasn't even factored into this series yet.

The Sens weren't scarred of you, what makes you think the Preds are scarred of you after Game 1 went so damn well for them, aside from the score?

The Answer: Wishful Thinking
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed May 31, 2017 9:53 am

That kind of loss doesn't decrease a team's belief in themselves, quite the opposite, it usually bolsters their confidence, especially if they are the underdog. It's the team who wins a game like that feels less confident afterward, because they know they didn't earn it, they got lucky and still barely won a hockey game where all the bounces went their way and the refs were homers. That kind of shit is a lot more likely to shake one's confidence, cup experience or no cup experience. If it takes the stars lining up for you to win a game, you don't feel more confident after that game than before, that's just the way hockey works.

The only good that win does for the Pens, is that they only need three more wins to win the series, otherwise it didn't help the Pens at all. The only way that game could have gone worse for the Pens is if they lost the game and/or injuries began to pile up.
*yip*

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Wed May 31, 2017 10:45 am

StCapps wrote:That kind of loss doesn't decrease a team's belief in themselves, quite the opposite, it usually bolsters their confidence, especially if they are the underdog. It's the team who wins a game like that feels less confident afterward, because they know they didn't earn it, they got lucky and still barely won a hockey game where all the bounces went their way and the refs were homers. That kind of shit is a lot more likely to shake one's confidence, cup experience or no cup experience. If it takes the stars lining up for you to win a game, you don't feel more confident after that game than before, that's just the way hockey works.

The only good that win does for the Pens, is that they only need three more wins to win the series, otherwise it didn't help the Pens at all. The only way that game could have gone worse for the Pens is if they lost the game and/or injuries began to pile up.
:roll: You're an idiot and have been wrong the entire way during these playoffs. You don't know shit.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed May 31, 2017 12:26 pm

SilverEagle wrote:You're an idiot and have been wrong the entire way during these playoffs. You don't know shit.
I was right about Fleury. I've been right all playoffs. I picked the Preds to come out of the West after they beat Chicago. You are the one who is wrong, all the time. I don't even think you've played hockey, or you'd know how teams tend to react to games they won everywhere but the scoreboard. Mike Sullivan knows they aren't in the Preds heads, you are the only who seems to think the Pens are because they won a game they'd lose 9 out of 10 times, everyone else is well aware that the Pens in Game 1 weren't intimidating in the slightest.

If anything the Preds run the risk of thinking the Pens are actually that bad, lack of confidence won't be a problem, too much confidence going into game 2 could be a problem though, which I'm sure Laviolette is trying to prevent.
*yip*

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Wed May 31, 2017 1:01 pm

StCapps wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:You're an idiot and have been wrong the entire way during these playoffs. You don't know shit.
I was right about Fleury. I've been right all playoffs. I picked the Preds to come out of the West after they beat Chicago. You are the one who is wrong, all the time. I don't even think you've played hockey, or you'd know how teams tend to react to games they won everywhere but the scoreboard. Mike Sullivan knows they aren't in the Preds heads, you are the only who seems to think the Pens are because they won a game they'd lose 9 out of 10 times, everyone else is well aware that the Pens in Game 1 weren't intimidating in the slightest.

If anything the Preds run the risk of thinking the Pens are actually that bad, lack of confidence won't be a problem, too much confidence going into game 2 could be a problem though, which I'm sure Laviolette is trying to prevent.
1. You were not right about Fleury. If Murray was not on the team Fleury would've stayed the starter and the Pens would be heading into game 2 of the finals up 1 game to zip.

2. To say that you must have played sport in order to analyze it is a retard stance at best. I mean in the land of retarded stances yours reigns king. So unless you played in the NHL, STFU and even then that does not mean dick necessarily.

3. You're full of would've, could've, and should'ves....AKA full of shit.