Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:06 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Real Steam review for a game called Project Gorgon:
Mechant
25 products in account
7 reviews

Recommended
110.2 hrs on record
EARLY ACCESS REVIEW POSTED: MARCH 22
Have you ever had sex in a mmorpg well if not this is going to be your first time.
I have a buddy that's been preaching the glory of that game for years. He's a super-fan. It sounds like the most versatile MMORPG ever made, but I don't have the time for that sort of thing.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Re: The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:09 pm

But can you bang drow chicks?

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:29 am

OK, this is way outside of my current expertise. Any comments from you gamers? IOW, any crossover between game design and social media design?

I don't know much of anything about game design, but I'm interested in it; and especially with how it compares to social media design.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:49 am

Fife wrote:OK, this is way outside of my current expertise. Any comments from you gamers? IOW, any crossover between game design and social media design?

I don't know much of anything about game design, but I'm interested in it; and especially with how it compares to social media design.

The first thing that comes to mind is Social network games. The most despised genre of all.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:32 am

Hastur wrote:
Fife wrote:OK, this is way outside of my current expertise. Any comments from you gamers? IOW, any crossover between game design and social media design?

The first thing that comes to mind is Social network games. The most despised genre of all.
A lot of "friendly" strategy games, like city-builders have been using little fake 'tweets' and including other design elements imitating social media lately.

There's also the MMO task of connecting players in server-wide chats, local chats, etc. Virtual marketplaces for in-game goods. All of that crosses over a bit with 'social media', and probably helped inspire it.

And, as Hastur mentioned, the Skinner Box market is infesting every corner of Facebook, etc. :eww:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:53 pm

Looks like there are dark elf chicks.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:52 am

Check out Hades Star on the Android app market. It's a really interesting deep strategy game. There's a kind of system where you can use real money to get more resources, but not really pay-to-win at all. At first it seems easy, but then you start to realize how efficient you need to be. It is meant for very long term play.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:56 am

Love the FarCry series, played allof them except the 1st all the way through.

Anyone digging on FarCry 5 yet?

Want to buy it pretty bad, but I'm still wrapping up Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and I've got Prey, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, Tom Clancy: Ghost Recon Wildlands, and Call of Juarez: Gunslinger all on deck before I can get to it. Guess I'll pick up Farcry 5 on the Steam holiday sale, since my current backlog of games will probably run that long if not longer.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Penner

Post by Penner » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:24 am

DBTrek wrote:Love the FarCry series, played allof them except the 1st all the way through.

Anyone digging on FarCry 5 yet?

Want to buy it pretty bad, but I'm still wrapping up Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and I've got Prey, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, Tom Clancy: Ghost Recon Wildlands, and Call of Juarez: Gunslinger all on deck before I can get to it. Guess I'll pick up Farcry 5 on the Steam holiday sale, since my current backlog of games will probably run that long if not longer.
I want to buy it but I am waiting for another Steam sale to get it and also to see if it would crash my computer (like any Far Cry game).

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:38 am

Guys, seriously give Hades Star a try. It is free.