NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

StCapps

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by StCapps » Tue May 30, 2017 1:01 pm

SilverEagle wrote:
Pens in 6

Pens played like shit and still beat the Preds. This was a wake up game for the Pens. I expect 30 shots on goal for the Pens in game 2.
If the Pens play like that the rest of the series, then the Pens will lose in 5 games. Thankfully for you, I can pretty much guarantee that they won't play that bad the rest of the way.

Pens in 6 or 7, but I'd be more scared that you are going to lose this series after last night than before it, despite the victory. That has got to be the least encouraging 5-3 Game 1 win, in Stanley Cup Final history.
Go 37:00 without a shot and still somehow win? That's a fucking miracle, you best be profusely thanking The Hockey Gods, because they really came through for your Pens last night. How can you not believe in them after Game 1?
*yip*

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue May 30, 2017 1:12 pm

StCapps wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:
Pens in 6

Pens played like shit and still beat the Preds. This was a wake up game for the Pens. I expect 30 shots on goal for the Pens in game 2.
If the Pens play like that the rest of the series, then the Pens will lose in 5 games. Thankfully for you, I can pretty much guarantee that they won't play that bad the rest of the way.

Pens in 6 or 7, but I'd be more scared that you are going to lose this series after last night than before it, despite the victory. That has got to be the least encouraging 5-3 Game 1 win, in Stanley Cup Final history.
Go 37:00 without a shot and still somehow win? That's a fucking miracle, you best be profusely thanking The Hockey Gods, because they really came through for your Pens last night. How can you not believe in them after Game 1?

Look the Pens played as about as bad as they can and the Preds played as about as good as they can, yet the Pens won.....
Oh and don't forget Rinne's record and performance against the Pens is truly pathetic, so there's that.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue May 30, 2017 1:16 pm

SilverEagle wrote:Look the Pens played as about as bad as they can and the Preds played as about as good as they can, yet the Pens won.....
Right, that's called luck. It's not replicable, if the same scenario unfolded four more times, your likelihood of winning even one of those games is quite low. So many things had to go right for the Pens to even be in that hockey game. You got run out the rink and you still won, but if you play like that going forward, you are going to get smashed. Your coach even admitted as much, "I don't think the score is fooling anyone in the room", except SilverPensHomer.
*yip*

Penner

Post by Penner » Tue May 30, 2017 5:17 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote: The catfish is the Nashville version of the Detroit Red Wings octopus.
Yeah but the octopus has greater meaning, no? The octopus is to represent the original 8 teams, or so I thought.
That's not the legend, no. Used to be only two rounds in the playoffs; eight wins to win the cup.
This:

Penner

Post by Penner » Tue May 30, 2017 5:38 pm

Here is the full story about the man who threw the catfish at last night game:
The funniest part of the ongoing “catfish toss” situation — Predators fan Jake Waddell was ejected and charged with three misdemeanors for the stunt — might be the sheer amount of preparation that it had to take.

It was clear from the start: Waddell had to put a lot of thought into it. On Tuesday, speaking to Midday 180 on Nashville’s 104.5 The Zone, he went into full detail. We knew the broad strokes, thanks to the police report, but there’s plenty more.

Waddell — who, in the undersell of the playoffs, called himself a “dumb redneck with a bad idea” — hatched the idea ahead of a Memorial Day trip to his in-laws’ home in Boardman, Ohio. He’s a Predators fan, and Game 1 was being played 45 minutes away. It wouldn’t take much.

“I thought ‘Man, wouldn’t it be awesome to get to go to that game?’” he said. “And then, like an ignorant redneck, I thought ‘Wouldn’t it be awesome to throw a catfish on the ice at this game?’”

That’s what he did. Here is a step-by-step guide to his process.

1) Acquire supplies. Waddell bought a pair of $350 upper-bowl tickets and an “entirely too big” catfish from a market in Tennessee. He said he had no idea that Wholey’s had restricted catfish sales — he just “wanted to take a Nashville catfish, because it’s more original to throw one of our catfish.”
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/peng ... 1705300137

You can read the full step-by-step process that he did to prepare and also about the chargers that the man is facing after the game.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue May 30, 2017 7:14 pm

They charged him? Good grief, that's harsh, what is this, Soviet Amerika? All he did was chuck a fish on the ice, lighten up, Francis.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Penner

Post by Penner » Tue May 30, 2017 7:28 pm

Here is what he is being charged with- according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:
10) Lawyer up. By Tuesday morning, Waddell had been charged with disorderly conduct, disrupting a meeting and, best of all, “possessing an instrument of crime.” As in, the fish. That, he said, was not the original plan.

“The cop told me, to my face, ‘You are being charged with disorderly conduct. You will get a ticket, a citation in the mail.’ … That’s what I was told. Now they come out with a couple other trumped-up charges, which are BS. I mean, a catfish isn’t an instrument of whatever-the-hell-they’re-saying-it-was, and I didn’t disrupt a meeting. It was an athletic event.”

The radio station is going to cover any fines he incurs, and he’s got plenty of Nashville-area lawyers willing to help.

“If they want to go down that road, we can go down that road,” Waddell said. “I’m pretty sure we’ll win that battle. I’m just stubborn enough, as you can probably tell by strapping a catfish to my crotch, to go up there and fight it.”
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/peng ... 1705300137

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue May 30, 2017 7:50 pm

Iunno. Pittsburgh had a clear shot at saving the country once before, and sort of blew it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiskey_Rebellion

Having said that, I have to admit that I spent what prolly was the most sexually satisfying week of my life on the campuses of Pitt and Carnegie Mellon during Spring Break of 87. Long story, but amazing.

:goteam: :drunk:

Penner

Post by Penner » Tue May 30, 2017 7:55 pm

TMI Fife, TMI.

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Wed May 31, 2017 5:29 am

StCapps wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:Look the Pens played as about as bad as they can and the Preds played as about as good as they can, yet the Pens won.....
Right, that's called luck. It's not replicable, if the same scenario unfolded four more times, your likelihood of winning even one of those games is quite low. So many things had to go right for the Pens to even be in that hockey game. You got run out the rink and you still won, but if you play like that going forward, you are going to get smashed. Your coach even admitted as much, "I don't think the score is fooling anyone in the room", except SilverPensHomer.
The Preds are going down. You know damn well the Pens will show up and give them more than they can handle. Their goalie can't win against the Pens. This series was over before it started. Maybe after the Pens win tonight you'll agree.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi: