Literal Odds and Ends

Okeefenokee

Re: Literal Odds and Ends

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:59 pm

My daughter has a game she likes to play, and I've been losing it for a couple of months, but tonight I figured it out.

I say it's time for bed, and she drops what she's doing and gleefully runs to her bed, and after reading, we spend the next couple of hours playing her game.

I go back to the living room, and wait to hear the click of the door as she peeks at me. I tell her to go to bed, but she just keeps peeking at me. The second I get up to go put her back in bed, she turns and runs squealing back to her bed for me to come tuck her in again. This goes on for hours.

I figured she just liked the game, and liked being tucked in over and over.

I think I figured it out. We were playing her game tonight, when she hit the bed and started singing. She's barely speaking, so it's hard to tell, but I recognized the tune of the itsy bitsy spider, so I hung out to sing for a while. We did that one a couple of times, and then did some more, and when I told her goodnight again, she stayed put.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:16 am

Okeefenokee wrote: I think I figured it out. We were playing her game tonight, when she hit the bed and started singing. She's barely speaking, so it's hard to tell, but I recognized the tune of the itsy bitsy spider, so I hung out to sing for a while. We did that one a couple of times, and then did some more, and when I told her goodnight again, she stayed put.
You're a good dude, Okee. Thanks for sharing the reminder, that not only is the game not what it may look like at first blush, but winning may only require an adjustment in perspective.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:27 am

Haumana wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote: I think I figured it out. We were playing her game tonight, when she hit the bed and started singing. She's barely speaking, so it's hard to tell, but I recognized the tune of the itsy bitsy spider, so I hung out to sing for a while. We did that one a couple of times, and then did some more, and when I told her goodnight again, she stayed put.
You're a good dude, Okee. Thanks for sharing the reminder, that not only is the game not what it may look like at first blush, but winning may only require an adjustment in perspective.
I knew enough to get mama on the phone. She's away on Army business. I tried a couple of songs, but she didn't bite, and then mama chimed in with her request, and it kept going.

There were five in the bed and the little one said....

We made it to three, and the girl was okay with those numbers. So we said goodnight on that note.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:37 am

Okeefenokee wrote: I knew enough to get mama on the phone. She's away on Army business. I tried a couple of songs, but she didn't bite, and then mama chimed in with her request, and it kept going.

There were five in the bed and the little one said....

We made it to three, and the girl was okay with those numbers. So we said goodnight on that note.
I reiterate my initial sentiment. You are one of the good guys. Keep on keeping on, Okee.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:49 am

Nah, you're a good dude. Much better behaved than I am.

Like my old lady tells me, I have no behavior.

I mean, I did commandeer an imperialist war donkey in the west's colonial war against islam.

No behavior.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:20 am

Okeefenokee wrote:Nah, you're a good dude. Much better behaved than I am.

I mean, I did commandeer an imperialist war donkey in the west's colonial war against islam.

No behavior.
HA!

Mine has come to expect that sort of behavior from me. Moreover, so has my family and her's and her extended family, if truth be told

"Where is the line?" "Oh, there? Lemme swipe my cleat across it." AKA Cracker dickhead but for some reason they all still love me despite my constant fence kicking.

I am curious about what is a war donkey though. Is that anything akin to a scud?

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:32 am

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:15 pm

Haumana wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:Nah, you're a good dude. Much better behaved than I am.

No behavior.
HA!

Mine has come to expect that sort of behavior from me. Moreover, so has my family and her's and her extended family, if truth be told

"Where is the line?" "Oh, there? Lemme swipe my cleat across it." AKA Cracker dickhead but for some reason they all still love me despite my constant fence kicking.

I am curious about what is a war donkey though. Is that anything akin to a scud?
No, it was a donkey I chased down and caught in Iraq. I jumped on his back and rode him around a little.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:45 pm

I just put out a fire an hippieville.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:49 pm

Music intensifies.