Literal Odds and Ends

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Literal Odds and Ends

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:24 am

Montegriffo wrote:One of the residents has made a rather good snow angel outside. Just checking, is that idolatry or blasphemy?
They should be publicly stoned for making images of the divine.

I suggest that you throw something out the window, to prevent any bad Juju from beholding the false idol.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:29 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:One of the residents has made a rather good snow angel outside. Just checking, is that idolatry or blasphemy?

I suggest that you throw something out the window, to prevent any bad Juju from beholding the false idol.
Well the good lord was clearly offended and has smitten us with a mighty thaw. Everything is melting fast, tomorrow is forecast to be a balmy 9 degrees.
I should get home ok tonight.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:04 am

Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

Well the good lord was clearly offended and has smitten us with a mighty thaw. Everything is melting fast, tomorrow is forecast to be a balmy 9 degrees.
I should get home ok tonight.
The fires of Hell are bubbling to the surface, to destroy the wanton image of divinity. Repent, lest ye draw Satan up from his fiery hole!!!

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:55 pm

Pondering entropy.

It is impossible for a system to operate in such a way that the only result would be an energy transfer by heat from a cooler body to a hotter body, ie, heat flows from hot to cold.

It is impossible for any system to operate in a thermodynamic cycle and deliver a net amount of work to its surroundings while receiving energy by heat transfer from a sole reservoir, ie, heat rejection is impossible.

There is a natural direction to the process to increase disorder or randomness or uncertainty, ie, the universe flows naturally to disorder.

The preferred equilibrium state of the universe points toward greater disorder or randomness or uncertainty.

Disorder can be created by geometric (spatial) change or through heat transfer.

Entropy is maximized when statistical probability is maximized, ie, the equilibrium state.

This is me,

Order is the product of work, a consumption of energy.

Disorder is the natural state.

Redistribution, the change from high concentration to low concentration, is a function of entropy.

The final result of redistribution, as well as entropy, is statistically maximized disorder.

Order is only achieved by expenditures of energy in opposition to entropy.

Entropy, in this universe, will ultimately win.

The universe is telling us we can't depend on it, ie, Marxism is sociological entropy
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:48 pm

I think it’s more accurate to call entropy a flow towards “order” - an even distribution of energy.

Otherwise, people tend to rope their goofy morality and politics into the discussion.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:15 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I think it’s more accurate to call entropy a flow towards “order” - an even distribution of energy.

Otherwise, people tend to rope their goofy morality and politics into the discussion.
I'll let you know when I need your take on it.
en·tro·py
ˈentrəpē/Submit
noun
PHYSICS
a thermodynamic quantity representing the unavailability of a system's thermal energy for conversion into mechanical work, often interpreted as the degree of disorder or randomness in the system.
lack of order or predictability; gradual decline into disorder.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:45 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:I think it’s more accurate to call entropy a flow towards “order” - an even distribution of energy.

I'll let you know when I need your take on it.
en·tro·py
ˈentrəpē/Submit
noun
PHYSICS
a thermodynamic quantity representing the unavailability of a system's thermal energy for conversion into mechanical work, often interpreted as the degree of disorder or randomness in the system.
lack of order or predictability; gradual decline into disorder.
Talking to the wrong fella. My bad. Quote the textbook some more, and follow orders. Good boy.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:11 pm

Oh, are we redefining the word entropy now too? Cute.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:29 pm

As if his habitual need to pretend he knows what he clearly doesn't needed demonstrating again.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:32 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:As if his habitual need to pretend he knows what he clearly doesn't needed demonstrating again.

I just went three pages with GCF and DrY where they insisted Fundamentalism doesn't mean a literal interpretation of scripture. They wanted to redefine it as a pejorative they can label people who have any real religious conviction.

I am so far beyond the liberal hobby horse of redefining words to manipulate people.