Social Justice Warriors Thread

BjornP

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by BjornP » Sat May 06, 2017 12:36 pm

Speaker of Animals wrote:Uh.. yeah..

She believes women are not meant to bear children. She espouses feminism which expresses the idea that women are our equals (or they can do anything we can do, which is demonstrably false).
Thank you for answering.

Would you concede that her failure to accept that natural order, then, is about as meaningful or futile as a falling man without a parachute arguing against the theory of gravity?

And if you could concede that, then would you accept that one cannot - in reality - "defy" nature, be it human nature or "natural" nature? That the falling man isn't defying nature, and the feminist cannot truly defy her being uniquely biologically suited to childbearing? She can, as an individual chose not to have a child, but she cannot defy what she is as a physical, biological being - that is, a female capable of childbirth?

Agree?
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat May 06, 2017 12:42 pm

BjornP wrote:
Speaker of Animals wrote:Uh.. yeah..

She believes women are not meant to bear children. She espouses feminism which expresses the idea that women are our equals (or they can do anything we can do, which is demonstrably false).
Thank you for answering.

Would you concede that her failure to accept that natural order, then, is about as meaningful or futile as a falling man without a parachute arguing against the theory of gravity?

And if you could concede that, then would you accept that one cannot - in reality - "defy" nature, be it human nature or "natural" nature? That the falling man isn't defying nature, and the feminist cannot truly defy her being uniquely biologically suited to childbearing? She can, as an individual chose not to have a child, but she cannot defy what she is as a physical, biological being - that is, a female capable of childbirth?

Agree?

Of course you can defy your nature. That's what it means to be dysfunctional. That shit is rampant in our society these days.

If you want to argue that nothing we ever do can possibly be unnatural, then you have to operate under a different definition of the word natural.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat May 06, 2017 1:18 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Of course you can defy your nature. That's what it means to be dysfunctional. That shit is rampant in our society these days.

If you want to argue that nothing we ever do can possibly be unnatural, then you have to operate under a different definition of the word natural.
Well.... I think we already established that that's what I do. :P

But I wasn't operating with my own definition in my reply just now, though. I think an individual can control oneself, but naturally that extends only to the self. If you're defying anything, it's your own, personal mind not human nature.

The reason I'd say we can't defy our human nature, is that when for example someone controls a sexual urge, they simply using one aspect of our human nature to control another aspect. The ability to reason, our capacity for ethics, and morality all control sexual desire for example, yet both are expressions of human nature. The control, the willing defiance itself, is a result of our human nature to be able to exert self-control over our various feelings, instincts and thoughts.

Anyway. I have some hours of travel and a family reunion thingy early tomorrow, and I'm looking at fewer and fewer hours of sleep by now, so I better call it for now.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat May 06, 2017 1:19 pm

That's natural? She isn't a dysfunctional human being?

That's feminism, friend.

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Sat May 06, 2017 1:21 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:

That's natural? She isn't a dysfunctional human being?

That's feminism, friend.
Does she understand how biology works... Kill all males and you're killing the species off very quickly.
She wants to make her "in subjugated" future the end of the human race.

Nah, nothing self-centered about that. :roll:
"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome."

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sat May 06, 2017 11:04 pm

Dunno if this has been posted, but Bill Nye has gone absolutely off the deep end.

Science for children folks.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun May 07, 2017 8:04 am

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun May 07, 2017 9:09 am

Trans pastor Cindy Bourgeois from Canada

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun May 07, 2017 10:21 am

I feel sorry for them more than anything.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon May 08, 2017 4:00 pm

doc_loliday wrote:Dunno if this has been posted, but Bill Nye has gone absolutely off the deep end.

Science for children folks.
The whole series views like a primer on SJW philosophies. The dieting one was even more disgusting than the "sex junk" shit. They compared Paleo to the "Cotton Ball" diet

So I'm ready for Bill Nye to be tossed out of a helicopter at this point, and then I happened to see a meme on Facebook (I'll find it later) that was attacking my hero Mike Rowe for being conservative and a Communications Major while espousing Bill Nye for "inventing" some widget.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session