The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Okeefenokee

Re: The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:30 pm

You keep telling me there's no playable game, yet I've been playing it for years, and more and more material has been being added every year.

:think:

Should I trust you or my lying eyes?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:34 pm

Playing what exactly? Are you flying a buggy spaceship around in a limited arena?

That's not a game.

Maybe in 1996 it was a game. 1996 calling..

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:39 pm

What really fucking bugs me about this scam is the deliberateness of it. No Man's Sky fucked up because it was too ambitious and they didn't have enough time and resources to really accomplish it. I have my doubts consumer PCs today are even capable of running a game like that in the way it was originally envisioned. The actual idea of No Man's Sky, though, is genius and it's something worth pursuing, in my opinion. It's not an impossible goal either. It has achievable milestones if you scale it down a little.

Star Citizen has always just been a giant bag of dreams. It's like he's saying, imagine the perfect space sim, give me money, and I will deliver it. Some day. Some day, padawan.. Now Roberts is living in a million dollar home, driving expensive sport cars, equipping his studio with spaceship doors and whatever else he can imagine spending unaccountable money on. Just not delivering the game.

It's unforgivable.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:54 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Playing what exactly? Are you flying a buggy spaceship around in a limited arena?

That's not a game.

Maybe in 1996 it was a game. 1996 calling..
I love how you don't shit about it, and still think you can win this.

The current persistent universe is the Crusader system.

It's 1 million km x 1 million km x 400 km.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:54 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:What really fucking bugs me about this scam is the deliberateness of it. No Man's Sky fucked up because it was too ambitious and they didn't have enough time and resources to really accomplish it. I have my doubts consumer PCs today are even capable of running a game like that in the way it was originally envisioned. The actual idea of No Man's Sky, though, is genius and it's something worth pursuing, in my opinion. It's not an impossible goal either. It has achievable milestones if you scale it down a little.

Star Citizen has always just been a giant bag of dreams. It's like he's saying, imagine the perfect space sim, give me money, and I will deliver it. Some day. Some day, padawan.. Now Roberts is living in a million dollar home, driving expensive sport cars, equipping his studio with spaceship doors and whatever else he can imagine spending unaccountable money on. Just not delivering the game.

It's unforgivable.
Here he goes again. :lol:

People are going to JAIL!!

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:42 pm

Largest playable area for any game other than NMS or ED,

Daggerfall, 160,579.26 km^2

Current playable planetary surface area currently in SC,

Cellin, 849,486.65 km^2

Daymar, 1,086,925.84 km^2

Yella, 1,231,114.76 km^2

Total current playable planetary surface area, 3,167,521.25 km^2

"limited play area"

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:43 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Largest playable area for any game other than NMS or ED,

Cellin, 849,486.65 km^2

Yella, 1,231,114.76 km^2

"limited play area"
You can't really compare space games' playable area to other genres, though. You know this.

Even if you compare apples to apples - KSP has 7 planets with I-Don't-Even-Know how much real terrain to move about in.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:46 pm

And I was mistaken about the current playable system dimensions.

It isn't 400 km high, it's 400,000 km high.

1,000,000 km * 1,000,000 km * 400,000 km = 400 quadrillion km^3

"limited play area"

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:02 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:Largest playable area for any game other than NMS or ED,

Cellin, 849,486.65 km^2

Yella, 1,231,114.76 km^2

"limited play area"
You can't really compare space games' playable area to other genres, though. You know this.

Even if you compare apples to apples - KSP has 7 planets with I-Don't-Even-Know how much real terrain to move about in.
I am well aware. What Speaker was referring to was the Arena Commander playable area, which is limited. It's a dog fighting arena, and as such has modest limits so the gameplay is engaging. It wouldn't be fun to jump into a system sized dogfighting arena for a ten minute match and spend 95% of your time chasing opponents across an endless arena.

He referred to that as the play area, which it isn't. The PU, currently the Crusader system with one gas giant, three moons, dozens of space stations, and hundreds on planetary outposts, is the play area.

The Crusader system is one million kilometers side to side. The planet Crusader is in the Stanton star system. When the Stanton system goes live, the playable area will increase to eight hundred million kilometers across (barring changes made in the future).

To compare it to KSP, KSP has one star system, Sol.

The current Star Map for SC has around sixty different star systems, with plans to increase to at least 100 hand crafted star systems.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/starmap

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:23 pm

Elite Dangerous has the whole Milky Way. Shitty game, but at least playable.