The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

SuburbanFarmer

Re: The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:47 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:You talking about it with fanboys =/= unfilled promises made by the devs, or their excuses for it.
Actually, the devs post regularly on the forums, along with a weekly update on their entire development team. So no, I discussed it with the people making the game, as well as the fans and modders.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:58 pm

Sure you did. :roll:

And here's what they said publicly,
“Multiplayer is something we had planned to do after it was all said and done, but it's time for us to start looking at it now,” developer Felipe Falanghe said at a team meeting in Mexico City today.
“Shaun [Esau, the developer of the multiplayer mod] has proven that multiplayer can be done, so Squad is committed to making multiplayer a part of the final release,” Squad PR manager Bob Holtzman said.
Launch was three years ago.

Talk about a scam. Tell people in 2013, two years before launch, that you'll have multiplayer in your game at launch, and still not have it three years after launch.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:03 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Sure you did. :roll:

“Multiplayer is something we had planned to do after it was all said and done, but it's time for us to start looking at it now,” developer Felipe Falanghe said at a team meeting in Mexico City today.
“Shaun [Esau, the developer of the multiplayer mod] has proven that multiplayer can be done, so Squad is committed to making multiplayer a part of the final release,” Squad PR manager Bob Holtzman said.

Talk about a scam. Tell people in 2013, two years before launch, that you'll have multiplayer in your game at launch, and still not have it three years after launch.
You’ll find a series of dev posts, discussing the reasons that they changed course, with barely a modicum of effort. Very different from radio silence and demo videos for a decade.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:15 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:Sure you did. :roll:

You’ll find a series of dev posts, discussing the reasons that they changed course, with barely a modicum of effort. Very different from radio silence and demo videos for a decade.
Here's the radio silence of development videos posted in the past seven days,

https://www.youtube.com/user/RobertsSpaceInd/videos

Here's the demo videos of live streamers playing it every day,

https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Star%20Citizen

You can throw in your own faceplant photo if you want.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:19 pm

Here's some more radio silence for you,
ASK THE DEVS
Have a question for a specific development discipline?
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spec ... 1&sort=hot

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:45 pm

It's starting to feel like, at this point, convincing a battered wife to leave her abusive husband.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:52 pm

Now don't get hysterical. KSP is still a fine space game, even if they never came through on the promises they made five years ago, and just left their community out in the cold.

If you really need some multiplayer space play, come on over to SC where we've been playing multiplayer since 2014.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:00 pm

You realize the whole forum has seen us arguing this for YEARS and you still don't have a game, right?

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:05 pm

You realize you, me, and grumps all played KSP for years while the devs added features bit by bit until they figured it was good enough to call it a game, and then they kept adding features for years after that, leading up the present, where they are still adding features, right?

You're acting like this is some strange uncharted territory, when you've done it yourself.

Here's another example,
Rust is a survival video game developed and published by Facepunch Studios for Microsoft Windows, OS X, and Linux. The game only features multiplayer modes. Rust was initially created as a clone of DayZ, a popular mod for ARMA 2 with the addition of crafting elements. Originally released onto Steam's early access program in December 2013, the game was fully released in February 2018.
Here's Rust in 2014,

They scrapped that entire dev branch and started over with a new engine.

This is Rust now,

Rust left early access last month, just like KSP left early access in 2015, and Rust will continue to have elements added over time, just like KSP has.

You're pretending like the model followed by studios like EA and Activision is the standard we're supposed to be measuring against, but you also know that's bullshit because early access titles don't follow that model.

Ark, War Thunder, World of Tanks, and World of Warships are some other games that were developed in early access over several years. This isn't new. You're aware of it.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:23 pm

Let me explain something to you.

KSP more than delivered YEARS ago. Nobody and I mean Nobody is going to sue KSP developers. Those guys are legends. They already delivered a game worth the full price on Steam years and years ago. They just keep giving us more. That's not an excuse for SC. SC is not even a playable game. Not really. You have little demos, all broken up, and nothing really is delivered as promised.

I have 923 hours put into KSP as of this post. It's embarrassing. But there it is. I have spent 38 days playing that fucking game. I remember the first time I landed on Duna. I remember when I got a huge spaceship parked in Jool, and landed little robots on all the small moons. I even sent a space plane down into the atmosphere of Laythe. I landed on Eve.

These were huge feats and I remember them well.

What do you have from Star Citizen?

I mean.. if you get much enjoyment out of posting cinematics and demos, then I guess you got what you paid for. Lots of people, though.. nah. They are eventually going to court. Bet that.