Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

C-Mag

Re: Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:23 pm

Haumana wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:33 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:29 pm
Hey guys. I don't know if there is interest. But I'm going to start to make How To posts in the Self Sufficiency thread. I will focus on how to put up protein on the cheap, with little equipment.
It can be done pretty cheaply.
Interested, just as long as you aren't talking about farming soy. ;)
If you are eating Brazilian Beef, you are eating Beef raised on Soy Beans :think:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:30 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:23 pm
Haumana wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:29 pm
Hey guys. I don't know if there is interest. But I'm going to start to make How To posts in the Self Sufficiency thread. I will focus on how to put up protein on the cheap, with little equipment.
It can be done pretty cheaply.
If you are eating Brazilian Beef, you are eating Beef raised on Soy Beans :think:
Edible Braziers.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:38 pm

Haumana wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:30 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Haumana wrote:

Edible Braziers.
Soy Beans are becoming more of staple for feedlots due to cost. If you are eating beef from anywhere but a local butcher, you are probably getting some soy boy beef. I cannot find the nutritional value for beef raised on Soy Beans. I can find it for grass, corn or barley, but not Soy. Soy beans have high raw protein, but as we know a lot of drawbacks. What this means is they can take an old or poor animal, feed them lots of soy and pack fat on them fast, but there will be little marbling. We've all seen this in the store. A steak that is pale in color, almost no marbling, but a big, very white fat cap around the edge. Thats probably an old milk cow fattened quickly on soy.
PLATA O PLOMO

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:42 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:38 pm
Haumana wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:30 pm
C-Mag wrote:

Edible Braziers.
Soy Beans are becoming more of staple for feedlots due to cost. If you are eating beef from anywhere but a local butcher, you are probably getting some soy boy beef. I cannot find the nutritional value for beef raised on Soy Beans. I can find it for grass, corn or barley, but not Soy. Soy beans have high raw protein, but as we know a lot of drawbacks. What this means is they can take an old or poor animal, feed them lots of soy and pack fat on them fast, but there will be little marbling. We've all seen this in the store. A steak that is pale in color, almost no marbling, but a big, very white fat cap around the edge. Thats probably an old milk cow fattened quickly on soy.
Nuance. I like it. More tips please.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:11 am

A couple items

First The American Freedom Convoy has issued statements telling people to stock up on food and fuel. They won't be delivering them.

Second. I am slowly rennovating an old house. Two years ago I ordered half my replacement windows. It took 5 weeks for the to be made and delivered. I just ordered the remainder of the windows and the supplier said it will take 30 weeks.
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:21 am

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:11 am
A couple items
the supplier said it will take 30 weeks.
:shock:
Time for a run to habitat for humanity dude. You can find double-panes a lot of the time.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:22 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:21 am
C-Mag wrote:
A couple items
the supplier said it will take 30 weeks.
:shock:
Time for a run to habitat for humanity dude. You can find double-panes a lot of the time.
Not worth it. I have a brick house. Modifying it to fit oddball sizes would cost more than it is worth.
PLATA O PLOMO

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:16 pm

C-Mag wrote:
A couple items

First The American Freedom Convoy has issued statements telling people to stock up on food and fuel. They won't be delivering them.
I'm not sure it is a good tactic to starve people out. That will not just make you the enemy of the state, it will also make you the enemy of the people. An effective convoy will make people feel the pinch, but not make people feel scared that they won't be able to get food from the grocery store or put gas in their car.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:46 pm

TheOneX wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:16 pm
C-Mag wrote:
A couple items

I'm not sure it is a good tactic to starve people out. That will not just make you the enemy of the state, it will also make you the enemy of the people. An effective convoy will make people feel the pinch, but not make people feel scared that they won't be able to get food from the grocery store or put gas in their car.
It's a good tactic, they are warning people that the truckers are the bloodstream of how things move in this country, and if they go through with this, your insta-delivery stuff won't be.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:31 pm

TheOneX wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:16 pm
C-Mag wrote:
A couple items

Marxists will use that to discredit them. It's not the point of the convoy. Americans are ready to be part of the Patriotism being displayed in Canada.
PLATA O PLOMO