The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Speaker to Animals

Re: The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:17 am

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:27 am

Hey, while you're down at best buy, pick me up a copy of ksp.

I know you got it while it was in early access alpha testing, but we can't all take risks on scams like this.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:29 am

Okeefenokee wrote:Hey, while you're down at best buy, pick me up a copy of ksp.

I know you got it while it was in early access alpha testing, but we can't all take risks on scams like this.

They don't seem to have a copy! Do you mean I can purchase the full Star Citizen game, as promised by 2014, on Steam??

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:42 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:Hey, while you're down at best buy, pick me up a copy of ksp.

They don't seem to have a copy! Do you mean I can purchase the full Star Citizen game, as promised by 2014, on Steam??
Did you stop taking your fish oil? You're talking about a single player game that was put up on kickstarter, and I'm talking about an MMO that was never on kickstarter. Two different games. Let me know if you need me to explain the difference.

And yeah, you can buy the early access alpha just like you did when you bought the early access alpha for KSP, and SC is far more developed right now than KSP was when you bought it.

You fell for that scam called KSP before it had heat affects on re-entry, and that scam called KSP still has no native multiplayer option.

So, if you're still able to live with yourself for falling for that scam, this one should be easy.

See you in the verse.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:47 am

Hey, I just want my $20 back from that Mr. Haney wannabe Lawrence Tribe.

Or at a minimum, to have Dan make it good since he's the one who talked me into sending in my Jackson to that grifter.

At least you all get to play some kind of vidya game, or something.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:47 am

Speaking of KSP, the new expansion dropped last night, and was automatically downloaded to my machine for free, because I bought the game 6 years ago. You plebs can pay $20 for it.

It's actually fucking amazing. I got to bed hours late, because of it. New missions, objectives, new parts, new.. yeah, you need to get it.

SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:04 pm

One of the best values for 14 bucks ever.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:05 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:One of the best values for 14 bucks ever.
Agreed. It’s a true classic.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:07 pm

Currently an officially supported multiplayer mode is not available. Developers have indicated a willingness to develop multiplayer beginning in 2014, and to complete development after the core single player game is released. However, prior to the "Proof of Concept" multiplayer presented by the KMP alpha, forum threads regarding multiplayer were commonly locked (marked "inaccessible").

The most advanced solution is the community-developed Dark Multi Player (Forum Thread), or DMP, a multiplayer plugin developed by forum user godarklight, and is available in alpha. It based on Kerbal Multi Player which isn't developed actively anymore.

This page is a catalog of all ideas for multiplayer which people have come up with on the forums, some of which have been implemented successfully. It appears after much discussion that solutions center around 5 general categories of solutions:

https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Multiplayer

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:10 pm

Kerbal Space Program committed to multiplayer career and sandbox modes
December 12, 2013

The finished release of Kerbal Space Program will include official multiplayer modes, according to developer Squad. How exactly a multiplayer mode will work mechanically is undecided, but Squad says it's committed to building beyond the current singleplayer model.

“Multiplayer is something we had planned to do after it was all said and done, but it's time for us to start looking at it now,” developer Felipe Falanghe said at a team meeting in Mexico City today. Squad envisions four discrete game modes: the classic sandbox, the newly launched career mode, and multiplayer versions of both sandbox and career mode.

As Squad continues to work toward a scope-complete build of Kerbal Space Program, it will also begin placing the basic requirements for a multiplayer server architecture. A multiplayer mod built by the KSP community recently entered an early alpha build, and Squad credits modders with providing a solid proof-of-concept.

https://www.pcgamer.com/kerbal-space-pr ... mment-jump
Official release was in 2015. Still no multiplayer, even though they said they would have it in 2013.