Created a Petition on the White House Website to stop targeted in-game gambling (loot boxes)

The Conservative

Re: Created a Petition on the White House Website to stop targeted in-game gambling (loot boxes)

Post by The Conservative » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:39 am

DBTrek wrote:The Conservative has gone full on communist authoritarian on us.

“We must use the force of the state to crush the capitalist loot crates. Uber loot shall be distributed to all, from each dev according to their ability, to each according to their loot needs, comrades!!!”

You don’t get to destroy entire industry finance model because you want a cooler looking sword for your nerd ranger. Did you actually stoop so low as to throw a pathetic “WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN” in there? Jesus, dude, stop being a crybaby over video games, you’re in your 40s. Why don’t you compete if gamers are so fed up with everything. Actually produce the video game you’ve supposedly been working on for a decade, rather than shitting on the people actually making products and trying to cripple their revenue options. No one forced you to buy that game. Stop trying to forbid everyone else from buying it, or any other game that won’t give you the flashiest fake equipment.
I'm writing a book... and the game is on the back burner for now... once the books are done, I'll come back to that... also, when I started it, I didn't have a family, things change.

And if I was going to go with the game, I would allow people to buy "paid" coin with in-game currency at a rate that means if you grind, you are rewarded for it.

I've always thought that if you worked hard enough for something, you should be able to obtain it. In the current system, that's not how it works.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Re: Created a Petition on the White House Website to stop targeted in-game gambling (loot boxes)

Post by The Conservative » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:40 am

de officiis wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Amusing, for someone who is trolling this topic, you don't know how serious this is in the gaming community, things like this is actually ruining otherwise what would be good games.
Its not serious dude. Its video games. That is the polar opposite of serious. The way you fix a problem like this is by not buying the game and convincing other people to follow suit. I dont see how the government even factors in. Im not even sure that level of effort is warranted though. Arent you a grown ass man?
But he’s thinking about the children.
With their parents’ credit cards.
The situation is ripe for abuse.
Bingo.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:50 am

de officiis wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Amusing, for someone who is trolling this topic, you don't know how serious this is in the gaming community, things like this is actually ruining otherwise what would be good games.
Its not serious dude. Its video games. That is the polar opposite of serious. The way you fix a problem like this is by not buying the game and convincing other people to follow suit. I dont see how the government even factors in. Im not even sure that level of effort is warranted though. Arent you a grown ass man?

Who gives their kids unfettered access to credit cards?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:57 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
de officiis wrote:
heydaralon wrote:

This. You kinda deserve what you get then.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:00 am

All I fucking did was let my twelve year old create an account at an Aruban online poker website and gave him my credit card number. Now I am thirty grand in credit card debt. Help me, government!

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:10 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
de officiis wrote:

This. You kinda deserve what you get then.
Create an account on an Xbox or PS, and you are required to enter a CC... make one as a child, and you don't. How many parents will just enter in the CC info and think nothing of it? Too many.
#NotOneRedCent

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:13 am

The Conservative wrote:
Create an account on an Xbox or PS, and you are required to enter a CC... make one as a child, and you don't. How many parents will just enter in the CC info and think nothing of it? Too many.
:lol: And?

Pro tip - if you want big daddy government to protect grown ups from their children ........ you are not conservative.
Account abandoned.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:16 am

Kath wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

Pro tip - if you want big daddy government to protect grown ups from their children ........ you are not conservative.
Really? The fact that a child made the purchase, by laws on the books already, the parents are not responsible for them. Any child under a specific age cannot be held accountable for debt such as from a CC.
#NotOneRedCent

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:19 am

The Conservative wrote:
Really? The fact that a child made the purchase, by laws on the books already, the parents are not responsible for them. Any child under a specific age cannot be held accountable for debt such as from a CC.
It is not the government's job to ensure parents turn on the proper parental controls on their gaming systems. Parents should parent. A
Account abandoned.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:20 am

The Conservative wrote:
Kath wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

The only child that needs protection is you. From your own harebrained schemes. You should change your username to The Dumbass.
Shikata ga nai