Brexit

BjornP

Re: Brexit

Post by BjornP » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:53 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Lol. Maybe they should apply that supply and demand talk to their own affairs and raise wages..
Thing is they already earn more than the living wage and no locals want to do the job.
Plus why should I have to pay more for my strawberries just because UKIP are racist.
Yeah, what better way to combat racism than to let Polish and Romanian fruit pickers work for pay no Brits would accept. If your average entitled Brit cannot pay next to nothing for a box of strawberries, the racists win! :o

:roll:
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:57 am

BjornP wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Lol. Maybe they should apply that supply and demand talk to their own affairs and raise wages..
Thing is they already earn more than the living wage and no locals want to do the job.
Plus why should I have to pay more for my strawberries just because UKIP are racist.
Yeah, what better way to combat racism than to let Polish and Romanian fruit pickers work for pay no Brits would accept. If your average entitled Brit cannot pay next to nothing for a box of strawberries, the racists win! :o

:roll:
That sounds suspiciously familiar....
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:12 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

Lol. I highly doubt your assertion. If the pay is so high and you still have no takers, then maybe your welfare system pays even better.

It all comes down to supply and demand. The working poor, in my estimation, make more rational economic decisions than any other group due to low finances. There is always a reason for this shit, and it usually traces back to leftist/globalist policies.
Actually many workers came over from Eatern Europe just to pick strawberries, they got accomodation for a month or so and a good wage to take home.
Unemployment is low in the UK so no local takers for jobs like this, besides temporary work is no good for the unemployed because it disrupts your claim and it can take 5 weeks to have the dole reinstated.
I don't see the problem with giving work to legal immigrants who want to do a job no one else wants. Thanks to abuse from ignorant locals they don't want to come back this year.
Cheers Brexit, working hard to fuck over British farmers......
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:36 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Actually many workers came over from Eatern Europe just to pick strawberries, they got accomodation for a month or so and a good wage to take home.
Unemployment is low in the UK so no local takers for jobs like this, besides temporary work is no good for the unemployed because it disrupts your claim and it can take 5 weeks to have the dole reinstated.
I don't see the problem with giving work to legal immigrants who want to do a job no one else wants. Thanks to abuse from ignorant locals they don't want to come back this year.
Cheers Brexit, working hard to fuck over British farmers......
There it is.
UKIP brought back the U-boats!
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:47 pm

No locals to fill job vaccancies and legal migrants feel that Britain is racist because of abuse from locals so farmers lose money.
Racists damaging farmers income. Cheers racists.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:45 pm

Montegriffo wrote:No locals to fill job vaccancies and legal migrants feel that Britain is racist because of abuse from locals so farmers lose money.

Total bullshit. England has a 4.7% unemployment rate. There are people to fill the jobs. The wages have to match demand.

Labor is (should be) tied to supply and demand just like everything else. Crying about not having enough workers who are willing to work for wages the market wouldn't otherwise support is the same as complaining there are no jobs that pay three times the market wage for your skills and experience. Or like complaining that you can't get a brand new car for only one thousand dollars. Boo hoo hoo. Pay the market rate or BTFU.

And flooding your economy with cheap labor is exactly like a nation such as China stealing iOS and iPhone tech and flooding the market with mock iPhones for half the price of an iPhone. I am sure the same corporate interest groups who want to flood the labor market would cry buckets if that happened.

Fuck them.

KerningChameleon

Post by KerningChameleon » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:52 pm

Montegriffo wrote:No locals to fill job vaccancies and legal migrants feel that Britain is racist because of abuse from locals so farmers lose money.

Total bullshit. England has a 4.7% unemployment rate. There are people to fill the jobs. The wages have to match demand.

Labor is (should be) tied to supply and demand just like everything else. Crying about not having enough workers who are willing to work for wages the market wouldn't otherwise support is the same as complaining there are no jobs that pay three times the market wage for your skills and experience. Or like complaining that you can't get a brand new car for only one thousand dollars. Boo hoo hoo. Pay the market rate or BTFU.

And flooding your economy with cheap labor is exactly like a nation such as China stealing iOS and iPhone tech and flooding the market with mock iPhones for half the price of an iPhone. I am sure the same corporate interest groups who want to flood the labor market would cry buckets if that happened.

Fuck them.
I look forward to Total Global Automation reducing brand new car prices down to the prices of a what a premium smartphone is now. I mean, once you get rid of those pesky factory-occupying meatsacks, you're just paying for the robot-purchase, the engineers who designed the cars, the marketers, the one person left in HR, the shipping, and the executives getting a well-earned salary. Surely prices will come down then, right?
"Old World Blues.' It refers to those so obsessed with the past they can't see the present, much less the future, for what it is. They stare into the what-was...as the realities of their world continue on around them." -Fallout New Vegas

Calculus Man

Post by Calculus Man » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:58 pm

KerningChameleon wrote:

Fuck them.
I look forward to Total Global Automation reducing brand new car prices down to the prices of a what a premium smartphone is now. I mean, once you get rid of those pesky factory-occupying meatsacks, you're just paying for the robot-purchase, the engineers who designed the cars, the marketers, the one person left in HR, the shipping, and the executives getting a well-earned salary. Surely prices will come down then, right?
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the raw materials for a new car cost thousands of dollars.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:59 pm

KerningChameleon wrote:

Fuck them.

About 10% of the unit cost of a new automobile is from labor. If you somehow automated all of Ford Motors, you might be able to get an F150 for about 10% less than you pay now. If you could automate the distribution and sales.. I don't know. Maybe another 20%?

Labor doesn't make as much of an impact on unit costs as many people seem to believe. For complex goods like autos, it barely registers. Material costs and the costs to produce all the subcomponents are what you are paying for. Then add in all the shit that regulations require nowadays. If Ford was able, they could just roll out a 1960s-era truck design fresh from a factory probably for less than ten thousand dollars MSRP, but regulations and the government won't let that happen.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:04 pm

Fuck them.
The wages are not low. Strawberry pickers can earn the same as I get doing agency chef work.
It is above the living wage and well above the minimum wage. It is the market wage, there are not enough British employees who want to do the work. These Eastern European workers used to want the jobs and have been doing it legally for years. We are not talking about Mexicans sneaking over the border, they are perfectly entitled to come here to work but post Brexit they feel unwanted and fewer have come leaving farmers with crops that cannot be harvested.
No one is undercutting British labourers, there just aren't enough British labourers. Now there aren't enough immigrant labourers either. Farmers will end up growing fewer strawberries rather than watching them rot. Fewer strawberries means higher prices.