Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon May 01, 2017 6:53 pm

Mass stabbing on UT Austin campus:
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2 ... tin-campus
STABBENING!

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon May 01, 2017 7:25 pm

Whats with black people doing the mass killings now? I've heard of the phrase "drinking the Koolaid", but in their case its actual Grape Koolaid.
Shikata ga nai

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue May 02, 2017 8:22 am

de officiis wrote:National Student Union Bans Clapping and Whooping As “Triggering” and Non-Inclusive
We have previously discussed how clapping is now viewed by many on campuses as inappropriate conduct and possibly even a “microaggression.” Now the delegates to the National Union of Students at the annual conference in Brighton are threatening “consequences” for any student who whoops or cheers or claps because such acts exclude deaf people. Moreover, many now argue that clapping is a triggering danger for some people. Instead, students are told to use “jazz hands” to show agreement or support.

Jazz hands are now the inclusive form of support. Notably, there has been a movement to have people snap rather than clap around the country, but snapping would also seem non-inclusive for deaf people. Thus, in the span of a year or so, “snappers” went from the cutting edge of inclusive angst to sound-producing reactionaries. As they say, revolution like Saturn devours its own.

The National Union of Students have taken this further to crackdown on those clapping as marginalizing others. Estelle Hart, an NUS elections committee member declared: “No whooping, it does have a serious impact on some delegates ability to access conference.”
I'm ready to emigrate. Is there someplace where rationality still prevails?
This has to be fake, right? "Jazz hands" and other non-audible actions exclude blind people.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Wed May 03, 2017 3:09 am

https://jonathanturley.org/2017/05/03/berkeley/

What nit-wits these students have become. One can imagine some not so nice people in certain parts of Chicago who would love to force the withdraw of police on the grounds that they find their presence "triggering."

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed May 03, 2017 5:32 am

Why you never go to battle with untrained troops.
Much less join an untrained Army.

"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed May 03, 2017 5:46 am

C'mon they were just playing capture the flag! :lol:

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed May 03, 2017 6:55 am

de officiis wrote:https://jonathanturley.org/2017/05/03/berkeley/

What nit-wits these students have become. One can imagine some not so nice people in certain parts of Chicago who would love to force the withdraw of police on the grounds that they find their presence "triggering."
FEMA camps
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed May 03, 2017 7:39 am

California wrote:
de officiis wrote:https://jonathanturley.org/2017/05/03/berkeley/

FEMA camps
I keep waiting for Ashton Kutcher to come out and tell us we've been punk'd. I can't get my mind to accept that this is what these college kids actually believe.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Wed May 03, 2017 9:40 am

I took a sociology class once and left pretty convinced that I had learned more about society from watching Seinfeld than I learned from my time spent in the class. I still stand by that conclusion

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed May 03, 2017 9:43 am

TBH, undergraduates (and most Graduate students) are immature, uninformed & easily manipulatable. It's the Progressive teachers at colleges & universities that take advantage of it. If you ever meet the same-aged apprentice electrician or young guy working crew, they're deep red.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change