How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

StCapps

Re: How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Post by StCapps » Fri May 05, 2017 11:17 pm

jediuser598 wrote:
StCapps wrote:
jediuser598 wrote:
Essentially "Bring back pre-existing conditions!"
Dude ObamaCare is nowhere near the best health care plan imaginable. Just because someone hates ObamaCare and wants it repealed, that doesn't mean they don't want pre-existing conditions to be covered. There are better ways to cover pre-existing conditions than the ObamaCare mandate. You got to be trolling in this thread, because you are reaching maximum level of stupid here.
Man, you guys are pretty big on the personal attacks. Have I attacked anyone personally this entire thread? I don't think I have.

From the healthcare website:
Pre-Existing Conditions

Under current law, health insurance companies can’t refuse to cover you or charge you more just because you have a “pre-existing condition” — that is, a health problem you had before the date that new health coverage starts.

These rules went into effect for plan years beginning on or after January 1, 2014.
https://www.hhs.gov/healthcare/about-th ... index.html

Many conservatives want a full repeal.
There are better ways to cover pre-existing conditions than ObamaCare. Therefore a repeal of that ObamaCare mandate does not mean pre-existing conditions won't be covered by whatever replaces it. Not everyone who wants ObamaCare repealed wants to go back to the way things were before ObamaCare, especially when it comes to folks posting in this thread, so stop fronting as if they are.

Even the "Many conservatives" you speak of don't even want that, so stop being retarded and acting like anyone here is proposing that because they dared to think repealing your precious ObamaCare would be a good idea.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri May 05, 2017 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Fri May 05, 2017 11:24 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
jediuser598 wrote:Okee, you really believe that if you take away people's health insurance (those who couldn't afford it otherwise) that people aren't going to die? That's what you keep saying, "we're not talking about dead bodies here." We are, actually. I would think it would be obvious that if you take away people's health insurance that people are going to die because of it.

We are talking about killing people when you're talking about repealing Obamacare, repealing Obamacare will kill people. May not kill you or yours, certainly will kill other people.
Hit the brakes, then the clutch, down shift, and let it coast for a while. You've got it in the red.

I never said anything about taking away anyone's health insurance.

I said:

I don't think there should be a law that requires people to buy a product, and that punishes them if they don't.

I understand why a business that wants to make money would take a particular stance in regards to customers that are more likely to cost them money.

In the singular instance of my family and what they need, I am responsible for paying for that. I don't expect other people to.

Now, your stance on people dying because of a repeal of the ACA. You and I both spent most of our lives in a world before the ACA. I don't remember seeing dead bodies in the streets. Do you? Many people remember those times, and see that there were problems, but there was never an Armageddon scenario that I witnessed.

Drop the hyperbole. Speak rationally.
Let me stop you there.

My aunt died at the age of 49. My uncle 56, my other uncle 54, my Grandpa when he was 54, my other Grandpa and Grandma didn't make it out of their 50's.

My dad is now facing these same things. In the culture he's ingrained in, one does not go to the hospital, one does not go for checkups, simply because that's the culture that's ingrained in them. Don't go to the hospital, it simply costs too much.

This isn't Hyperbole. This is real life. If they had the ACA when they ran into these health issues that could have prevented, and a doctor caught it? Maybe they're still alive today. These are working class people who died early simply because it was their culture to simply rub dirt in it and stop complaining, keep working.

My sister's Father-in-law was just diagnosed with cancer. He's started treatment. If ACA gets repealed, does the funding for his treatment go away? I don't know.
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri May 05, 2017 11:29 pm

Anecdotal and emotional appeals do not make for a sound Health Care policy.
/shrugs
*yip*

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri May 05, 2017 11:31 pm

Dying in your fifties in modern day America indicates poor life choices.

Advocating for healthier lifestyles would do far more than shaking down others to pay for the care needed to offset those consequences.

I've seen the commercials for COPD pills. It's a statement in my favor.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Sat May 06, 2017 12:23 am

jediuser598 wrote:
Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:
jediuser598 wrote:Yes Obamacare sucks, but it is better than what came before. And we need to do better than Obamacare. Repealing Obamacare isn't the answer.
Go ahead, tell us the answer.
I'm assuming you're Republican. (I don't know your personal politics, don't know you at all)

The ball is in your court. Republicans have been saying since Obamacare what instituted that they're going to repeal it, and what solutions have they come up with?

I support Obamacare, it's not the perfect solution but it's better than what we had before, now we need to fix that instead of just throwing it out. Your answer (I'm assuming you're Republican) is just repeal. And then what?
Repeal and replace, was Trump's motto on Obamacare. What will the replacement be? I don't know.
The individual mandate is ridiculous--if you don't want or cannot afford health insurance you get penalized for it--though you still don't have health insurance, you now have less of an ability to pay for health care.
I like paying cash. I like HSA's. I like interstate commerce. I like choices. I've heard these and many more proposals--if you haven't, you haven't been listening.
But by all means, keep making assumptions.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Sat May 06, 2017 12:39 am

Okeefenokee wrote:Dying in your fifties in modern day America indicates poor life choices.

Advocating for healthier lifestyles would do far more than shaking down others to pay for the care needed to offset those consequences.

I've seen the commercials for COPD pills. It's a statement in my favor.
They certainly made their decisions and paid for them, they're dead. Didn't go to the hospital til near the end, by that time it's already too late. I imagine my dad would certainly be the same way if my family hadn't convinced him to go, to listen to what they say, to take preventative actions. You and me, we're playing with a different set of cards. Coming at this from two different angles. You see the situation in a different way than I do, but lets not pretend there isn't a gravity to this situation, that people aren't going to die. They are.
-Ben Johnson

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Sat May 06, 2017 12:47 am

jediuser598 wrote:
Alexander PhiAlipson wrote: Go ahead, tell us the answer.
I'm assuming you're Republican. (I don't know your personal politics, don't know you at all)

The ball is in your court. Republicans have been saying since Obamacare what instituted that they're going to repeal it, and what solutions have they come up with?

I support Obamacare, it's not the perfect solution but it's better than what we had before, now we need to fix that instead of just throwing it out. Your answer (I'm assuming you're Republican) is just repeal. And then what?
Repeal and replace, was Trump's motto on Obamacare. What will the replacement be? I don't know.
The individual mandate is ridiculous--if you don't want or cannot afford health insurance you get penalized for it--though you still don't have health insurance, you now have less of an ability to pay for health care.
I like paying cash. I like HSA's. I like interstate commerce. I like choices. I've heard these and many more proposals--if you haven't, you haven't been listening.
Obamacare is still better than what we used to have.
-Ben Johnson

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat May 06, 2017 1:02 am

jediuser598 wrote:
jediuser598 wrote:

Obamacare is still better than what we used to have.
No one is suggesting going back to what you use to have.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat May 06, 2017 2:00 am

jediuser598 wrote:My dad is now facing these same things. In the culture he's ingrained in, one does not go to the hospital, one does not go for checkups, simply because that's the culture that's ingrained in them. Don't go to the hospital, it simply costs too much.
Never go to the hospital, man, that's just dying in jail, they won't give you the good dope there, and they won't let you smoke neither, it's a fuckin' gulag.

When my old man was dyiing, the only bright spot was that he managed to stay out the hospital, till the very last hour, we were sitting out on the deck smoking and joking, the night before he died, can't think of anything worse, than going down for the count, stuck in the damn hospital.
Nec Aspera Terrent

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Sat May 06, 2017 4:38 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
jediuser598 wrote:My dad is now facing these same things. In the culture he's ingrained in, one does not go to the hospital, one does not go for checkups, simply because that's the culture that's ingrained in them. Don't go to the hospital, it simply costs too much.
Never go to the hospital, man, that's just dying in jail, they won't give you the good dope there, and they won't let you smoke neither, it's a fuckin' gulag.

When my old man was dyiing, the only bright spot was that he managed to stay out the hospital, till the very last hour, we were sitting out on the deck smoking and joking, the night before he died, can't think of anything worse, than going down for the count, stuck in the damn hospital.
I didn't mean to say my Dad is dying. Hell we're all dying, we expect him to stay around for a while yet.

I'm sorry for your loss, Smitty.
-Ben Johnson