Literal Odds and Ends

TheReal_ND

Re: Literal Odds and Ends

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:47 am

I woke up yesterday with the weirdest craving for sweets like I never had. Ate a giant bag of Skittles from Wal-Mart. I wonder what the fuck that was about. Haven't had any sweets in months. Maybe I should try and eat more fruit.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:02 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:I woke up yesterday with the weirdest craving for sweets like I never had. Ate a giant bag of Skittles from Wal-Mart. I wonder what the fuck that was about. Haven't had any sweets in months. Maybe I should try and eat more fruit.

Usually, extreme sugar cravings happen when you are in an extreme caloric deficit.

Unless you are obese, anyway, which you are not, so I would suspect you didn't eat enough two days ago.

When I fast, I experience enormous sugar cravings about 30 hours in. My subconscious bombards me with images of Walmart cookies and gummy bears.

It's not like you are short on good sugars either. If you are drinking a gallon of milk, that's actually mostly sugar (lactose). You probably burned far more calories than you consumed, and your body was telling you it wants more glucose.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:58 pm

Yeah I didn't eat much over the weekend and I was probably used to my weekly diet being upped significantly these past few weeks.

I actually did a 24 hour fast for the hell of it the other week because Dr. David Duke shilled me on it. It was ok. Didn't really notice anything.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:01 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Yeah I didn't eat much over the weekend and I was probably used to my weekly diet being upped significantly these past few weeks.

I actually did a 24 hour fast for the hell of it the other week because Dr. David Duke shilled me on it. It was ok. Didn't really notice anything.

24 hours isn't long enough. Shoot for 36 hours min. My test goes WAY up a day after breaking the fast. If you take, for instance two days rest in your strength training, then you can time this so that you are fasting on that second day, and you break your fast before you train again. This way you maximize your test for when you are actually going through hypertrophy, but on your rest days you are doing the autophagia of old and cancerous cells.

My main problem is my low blood pressure gets a lot worse during the fasts, to the point where I sometimes feel like I am seriously going to pas out when I stand up.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:18 pm

Tales from the farm...

Farmer Paul was telling me about something amazing he and three others saw last week.
The 4 of them were standing in the big meadow passing the time of day when a barn owl flew past with a vole in it's talons. Following the owl was a sparrow hawk which caught it up, flew upside down under the owl and snatched the vole making off with it's hard earned prey.
Now that's something you don't see every day...
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:21 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Tales from the farm...

Farmer Paul was telling me about something amazing he and three others saw last week.
The 4 of them were standing in the big meadow passing the time of day when a barn owl flew past with a vole in it's talons. Following the owl was a sparrow hawk which caught it up, flew upside down under the owl and snatched the vole making off with it's hard earned prey.
I saw a 2 hawks steal a trout from an Osprey. The Daughter and I were out for an early morning run and the fish near hit us in the head, fell about 5 feet from us.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:29 pm

Reminded me of the tale about the buzzard. The bird was slowly making it's way along a hedgerow hovering a few yards above it. Suddenly a dog fox darted out from inside the hedge. Paul's opinion was that the buzzard was tailing the fox hoping to pounce on anything the fox flushed out into the open.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:30 pm

Here's some yoga.

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:30 pm

Cool stories! I love watching the circle of life in action. When we were at our other house, our backyard was a lake. We had all sorts of South Florida birds eating all sorts of fish from the lake. I once watched a wood stork swoop down from the air, dive into the water and come up with a fish. He brought the fish to my lawn and proceeded to eat it slowly. Amazing moment to see live. I have pictures of that somewhere.
Account abandoned.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:31 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Tales from the farm...

I saw a 2 hawks steal a trout from an Osprey. The Daughter and I were out for an early morning run and the fish near hit us in the head, fell about 5 feet from us.
Did you take it home for a free supper?