Speaker to Animals

Re: The Mess

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:14 pm

Collectively, people are nuts, and given enough time, shit happens
Deserves a name; Smitty's Law.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:15 pm

Been a long time waiting for WWIII considering it was only 21 years between I and II. I'm an optimist old chap.
Well 23 years for some but they are trying damn hard not to be late for the next one.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:21 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Been a long time waiting for WWIII considering it was only 21 years between I and II. I'm an optimist old chap.
Well 23 years for some but they are trying damn hard not to be late for the next one.
I got nothing against optimism, optimistic as you wanna be, none the less, your historical analysis is deeply flawed, the First and Second World Wars are the same hegemonic war of succession, in two acts, the actual gap between the previous hegemonic war of sucession was 100 years, Waterloo to Mons, Mons to Mons again was the same war, merely with a strategic pause therein.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:27 pm

The teams were the same but does that make it the same game?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:31 pm

Montegriffo wrote:The teams were the same but does that make it the same game?
Britain was the hegemon in succession, took two acts for America to bring her down, Germany and Japan were actually just incedental to the hegemonic succession in play, after the long gap from Waterloo to Mons. Germany and Japan did not incite the hegemonic succession, only the hegemon can bring itself to the Rubicon.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:32 pm

Halftime.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:35 pm

StCapps wrote:
Halftime.
Exhaustion without resolution, the Treaty of Versailles merely a place holder, in lieu of the act of succession.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:35 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Britain was the hegemon in succession, took two acts for America to bring her down, Germany and Japan were actually just incedental to the hegemonic succession in play, after the long gap from Waterloo to Mons.
So you discount the Franco-Prussian war and the row over Alsace Lorraine? No part for the British Empire I suppose, carry on ........

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:38 pm

Montegriffo wrote:So you discount the Franco-Prussian war and the row over Alsace Lorraine?
Not hegemonic succesion, merely a theatre war, because neither Germany nor France was the hegemon, upon resolution at Waterloo. World War One was only hegemonic succession, when the hegemon snapped back from Splendid Isolation and entered over Belgian nuetrality, otherwise, it would have remained a theatre war as well. As I said, only the hegemon can bring themselves to the Rubicon, when they do, succession is in play.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:45 pm

Thanks Smitty, when I'm wrong I like to know why.
No putting that in your sig you cult.