How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

jediuser598

Re: How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Post by jediuser598 » Fri May 05, 2017 9:52 pm

clubgop wrote:
jediuser598 wrote:That's not my angle. When people argue against, say healthcare, they generally stick to the "other". When we argue the merits of healthcare safety net, we should argue as if it were our closest family member's life on the line.
Nope, you dont want that with terrorism, immigration, civil rights. There is no end to the fuckness. Welcome to Jedi's police and cradle to grave state.
We really don't see the effects of legislation til it hits us personally. We're fine with stripping away other's rights, but when it comes to us and ours we're suddenly gunshy. Perhaps all of these feel good laws wouldn't be passed if we put ourselves in the situation of the accused, or those that are most impacted by the law.

If it's your family member on the line it's all infinite mercy on one side and infinite wrath on the other. What if your son or daughter was accused of murder, wouldn't you want them to get their full rights, or are you sticking them with a public defender?

If we treat our people in regards to healthcare the same way we treat our people in the criminal justice system, it's better to be rich and guilty than poor and innocent. If we run healthcare like that we're well and truly fucked. But people don't really see the truth of things til they personally have to go through it, or one of their family members do, it's like Dick Cheney and his gay daughter. Tends to change your point of view when it's you/yours on the line.

Do we spend a million dollars keeping granny alive for another month? Well probably not. Do we say to those who have pneumonia in their 20's, "Hey, sorry you can't afford the treatment, we've looked at your earning potential and your ability to finance this is just not there."
Last edited by jediuser598 on Fri May 05, 2017 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Fri May 05, 2017 9:55 pm

skankhunt42 wrote:It's not a public good. For every example you can think of where someone needs care, I can probably find the same amount of people who abuse the system constantly. I would imagine that the people that abuse it if it were free would probably gain more traction.
We're a republic, we the people decide what's a public good and what isn't. Skankhunt doesn't get to decide what is a public good and what isn't, though he can certainly add his voice to those declaring it shouldn't be.
-Ben Johnson

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri May 05, 2017 9:56 pm

Healthcare is not a rational thing. The whole problem is we're treating it like a business. Why IS End-Of-Life care so expensive? Why are procedures so expensive? Why are drugs so expensive?

Answer: because they can be.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Fri May 05, 2017 10:11 pm

Okee, you really believe that if you take away people's health insurance (those who couldn't afford it otherwise) that people aren't going to die? That's what you keep saying, "we're not talking about dead bodies here." We are, actually. I would think it would be obvious that if you take away people's health insurance that people are going to die because of it.

We are talking about killing people when you're talking about repealing Obamacare, repealing Obamacare will kill people. May not kill you or yours, certainly will kill other people.
-Ben Johnson

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri May 05, 2017 10:13 pm

Go home jedi, you're drunk.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri May 05, 2017 10:14 pm

Martin Hash wrote:Healthcare is not a rational thing. The whole problem is we're treating it like a business. Why IS End-Of-Life care so expensive? Why are procedures so expensive? Why are drugs so expensive?

Answer: because they can be.
Wait a second, I knew something fishy was going on the MHF. I checked Martin's ip address and it was coming from Venezuela. Now it all makes sense.

Maduro Hash is trying to set this country on a dangerous path..
Shikata ga nai

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri May 05, 2017 10:16 pm

The feels is back.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri May 05, 2017 10:20 pm

jediuser598 wrote:Okee, you really believe that if you take away people's health insurance (those who couldn't afford it otherwise) that people aren't going to die? That's what you keep saying, "we're not talking about dead bodies here." We are, actually. I would think it would be obvious that if you take away people's health insurance that people are going to die because of it.

We are talking about killing people when you're talking about repealing Obamacare, repealing Obamacare will kill people. May not kill you or yours, certainly will kill other people.
Yet somehow we got by before Obamacare.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Fri May 05, 2017 10:25 pm

jediuser598 wrote:Okee, you really believe that if you take away people's health insurance (those who couldn't afford it otherwise) that people aren't going to die? That's what you keep saying, "we're not talking about dead bodies here." We are, actually. I would think it would be obvious that if you take away people's health insurance that people are going to die because of it.

Before Obamacare we were killing people. If we take away Obamacare, we'll be killing people. Obamacare is the only way to avoid killing people. Obamacare is our only HOPE! :roll:
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Fri May 05, 2017 10:26 pm

Room full of men deciding women's healthcare:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/roo ... 33b749b713
Last edited by jediuser598 on Fri May 05, 2017 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Ben Johnson