Another School Shooting

Okeefenokee

Re: Another School Shooting

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:00 pm

DBTrek wrote:He doesn’t want every chump picking up a firearm, but he wants every chump to have the right to vote.

Yikes.

Which is really more dangerous, long term? Morons owning guns, or morons having a say in your income, freedoms, and deployment of your military?

We got a deficit of big picture thinking on this one.
:clap:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:35 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:I say no more cars for nosy leafs. That's a dangerous privilege, and you don't need it.
I don't think everyone should drive a car either...
Epileptics, blind people, people with neurodegenerative diseases...
Driving is a privilege.
You need to demonstrate the discipline and the skill to operate a vehicle safely.
It's called a drivers licence for which you have to pass a relatively challenging test.
Ask your 16 year old. I failed my first time around... for good reason, because I wasn't really taking it seriously.

What test did this fucked up chump have to pass?
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:46 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:I say no more cars for nosy leafs. That's a dangerous privilege, and you don't need it.
Driving is a privilege.
You need to demonstrate the discipline and the skill to operate a vehicle safely.
It's called a drivers licence for which you have to pass a relatively challenging test.
Ask your 16 year old. I failed my first time around... for good reason, because I wasn't really taking it seriously.

First time a guy fires cars from his Vegas hotel room at attendees to a music festival 300 yds away we can have a discussion about how cars are just like bullets fired from a gun.
Same if some kid uses one to go from classroom to classroom killing children at random.
Until either happens we can stop making this stupid cars = guns argument.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:54 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
DrYouth wrote:
Driving is a privilege.

First time a guy fires cars from his Vegas hotel room at attendees to a music festival 300 yds away we can have a discussion about how cars are just like bullets fired from a gun.
Same if some kid uses one to go from classroom to classroom killing children at random.
This! Fucking this! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:23 pm

Not comparable at all..

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:25 pm

But ... but ... the cars weren’t shot out of a window in Vegas.
And that really means something profound, to people who just want you to stop owning things they’re uncomfortable with.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:32 pm

DBTrek wrote:But ... but ... the cars weren’t shot out of a window in Vegas.
And that really means something profound, to people who can’t just want you to stop owning things they’re uncomfortable with.

It comes down to the fact that most of them don't own firearms, don't really want to, and don't care much about them.

I don't drink alcohol these days. Alcohol inflicts far more casualties upon America than firearms ever did. It's no skin off my back to ban alcohol. But I am sure people who like to have an occasional alcoholic beverage, including probably the vast majority of the liberals who want to ban guns if we are being honest (in overabundance), probably would have some objections to the demand that we ban alcohol, or weed, or even gay sex (that too causes more fatalities when you tally up the HIV deaths). Most of us drive, so most of us would scoff at the idea of banning automobiles. But it's the same thing, really.

What makes the difference is that it doesn't affect the banners. Monty doesn't own a gun so fuck you give up your freedom because.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:42 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:What makes the difference is that it doesn't affect the banners. Monty doesn't own a gun so fuck you give up your freedom because.
No dummy advocates banning something they understand on even a superficial level, or something that they might ever want to do IRL.

How many people want to ban driving, or eating, or fucking?

Abstraction from real life gives bad results, IMNSHO.

It's either some kind of social narcissism or ordinary low-info ignorance, or most likely a combination of the two.

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:49 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Driving is a privilege.

Well in the US we believe that is very difficult to get a driver's license.

Hell, it's considered oppression to ask someone to provide identification to vote, that's how hard it is to get a free state ID.

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:51 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
DrYouth wrote:
Driving is a privilege.

Or say the first time a guy kills 70 in France with a truck?

Sorry, I mean lorry or whatever y'all call it.