Literal Odds and Ends

Speaker to Animals

Re: Literal Odds and Ends

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:30 pm

My MSS is fucking unstoppable. People pay over a grand for a sleeping bag at REI that does what a MSS does for about $100.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:33 pm

The only time I ever used both the inner and outer of my sleeping kit, was outdoors in the depths of winter with no shelter at all, otherwise it was too hot, if we were in winter tents, I just used the outer.

Winter recce tho, we didn't use tent groups, we just put down the thermorest, sleeping bag in a bivvy bag, white camouflage screen, and good ta go, inner, outer, liner and hood, it's rated to -40C.

When you had to get out it was fuckin' cold, but while you was sleeping, it was toasty.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:09 am

TheReal_ND wrote:Going to get a large mason jar for a hot water bottle in my sleeping bag. If I heat it up in the pot of water for a while I should be safe to pour boiling water into right? Pretty sure they are designed for that but don't want to fuck myself up.
Do you have a microwave in your van? Get one of those heat cushions full of wheat. They will stay warm for quite some time and you don't have to worry about cracking or leaks. You can even make one yourself from scratch.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:06 pm

She paid $8000 for the property, $11,000 to build the hobbit house.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:42 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:

She paid $8000 for the property, $11,000 to build the hobbit house.
nice
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:11 am

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... oms-216327

Anyone else catch this? At least students seem to rabble rouse once they realize what this is......

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:21 am

Burge funny is funny:

Amazon's HQ search inspired a snarky analysis of the contenders

https://twitter.com/i/moments/954078583957278720

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:46 pm

It's been a fucking long day at work today. A 13hr shift as an agency chef in a local residential Christian conference centre. Topped off with a snowflake literally bursting into tears for a full 15 minutes because there was nothing gluten and dairy free, non carb, non spicy for her to eat. She's been in for two days without bothering to tell me of her dietry needs. I quickly heated up some of tomorrows roast beef and made a quick gravy for her. Did I get a thank you? Not on your life did I. She continued to stand by the counter crying for another 10 minutes while her meal went cold.
Add to that a miserly 7.5 out of 10 from DB for the effort I put into my Trump anniversary poem and I'm ready to go to bed.
Stop the world, I want to get off...
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:43 pm

Montegriffo wrote:It's been a fucking long day at work today. A 13hr shift as an agency chef in a local residential Christian conference centre. Topped off with a snowflake literally bursting into tears for a full 15 minutes because there was nothing gluten and dairy free, non carb, non spicy for her to eat. She's been in for two days without bothering to tell me of her dietry needs. I quickly heated up some of tomorrows roast beef and made a quick gravy for her. Did I get a thank you? Not on your life did I. She continued to stand by the counter crying for another 10 minutes while her meal went cold.
Add to that a miserly 7.5 out of 10 from DB for the effort I put into my Trump anniversary poem and I'm ready to go to bed.
More proof that the Left is eating itself. :pray:

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:28 am

Haumana wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:It's been a fucking long day at work today. A 13hr shift as an agency chef in a local residential Christian conference centre. Topped off with a snowflake literally bursting into tears for a full 15 minutes because there was nothing gluten and dairy free, non carb, non spicy for her to eat. She's been in for two days without bothering to tell me of her dietry needs. I quickly heated up some of tomorrows roast beef and made a quick gravy for her. Did I get a thank you? Not on your life did I. She continued to stand by the counter crying for another 10 minutes while her meal went cold.
More proof that the Left is eating itself. :pray:
I have no idea of her political affiliations, all I saw was a self centred snowfake thowing a hissy fit for attention. She was a Christian and apparently worked as a counsellor, Physician heal thyself.