Another School Shooting

BjornP

Re: Another School Shooting

Post by BjornP » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:48 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Am at work so I haven't got time to look it up, can anyone tell me if there are any other countries in the world who consider owning guns a right rather than a privilege?
Mexico and Guatamala. But that's gun ownership. The right to defend yourself is something most countries recognize, to various extents.

http://www.oxfordscholarship.com/view/1 ... 0190655020
Although overshadowed by the right to interstate self-defense, the right to personal self-defense also forms part of international law. It is a general principle of law recognized by nations, because it can be found in the major natural law traditions of the world and all domestic criminal law systems, In international law, it has had its deepest impact on human rights law, even though it is not a human right itself.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:53 pm

Unless you are a white Danish woman who is packing a can of pepper spray and use it to ward off the migrant rapist gang. Then the cops will charge you.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:38 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
DBTrek wrote:
Can you imagine how livid folks would be if they regularly had to defend their first amendment rights? If every time an asshole said something or a Muslim blew something up there was a concentrated push from a major political party to strip people of the freedom to speak or worship?
That's pretty much reality though. And people don't seem to be pissed whatsoever.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:39 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Kath wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
1 - Resisting 'tyranny' with a Bubba Brigade
2 - Home Defense
3 - Cops suck
4 - Deer must be exterminated for the good of grasslands
5 - But what if a wolf...
6 - Muh rights
7 - Terrorists
Nope. Nope and more nope.

I'm more interested in the hardware lingo - "ban assault rifles!" WTF does that mean? My chef's knife is an assault weapon if I need it to be.
Good point.

8 - "You don't know shit about the Remington XJ572-Model S Crowd Sweeper, shut up!"
^^^He thinks he's helping his case.

Fucking idiot.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:41 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Unless you are a white Danish woman who is packing a can of pepper spray and use it to ward off the migrant rapist gang. Then the cops will charge you.
Not for the act of defending herself, though. In any case, there's currently a bill being discussed in parliament backed by the current PM's party, that intends to legalize the ownership of pepper spray in one's home. And Danes are not "white Danes". It's a tribe, not a color.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:44 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
DBTrek wrote:
Can you imagine how livid folks would be if they regularly had to defend their first amendment rights? If every time an asshole said something or a Muslim blew something up there was a concentrated push from a major political party to strip people of the freedom to speak or worship?
That's pretty much reality though. And people don't seem to be pissed whatsoever.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
That video clip just about covers it.

Why, GCF? Why?
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:47 pm

DrYouth wrote:
StCapps wrote:"Privilege, not a Right" that might work up here Dr. Youth, but it obviously doesn't fly in America. This isn't breaking news, you should be aware of this long ago.
Well I know...

But Okee is coming at me...

It's time to think this through again.
Get it straight, leaf.

You came in here half cocked, talking out your ass about what the reality was in 1776, and found out you were wrong.

Then you tried to deflect, and started talking about missiles in the modern day as though that was what you opened with, which it wasn't.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:51 pm

DrYouth wrote:
StCapps wrote:A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
That is pretty damn clear.
In America, it's a Right, not a Privilege.
The question really is...

How well is that working out?

Is it worth everyone including nutjobs like this one having this right... rather than making everyone earn the privilege... on a case by case basis.

I would argue having it be a privilege rather than a right makes sense for most firearms... especially the highest powered of them.
What are the highest powered of them? Since you've decided to tell us what rights we should grant each other.

I say no more cars for nosy leafs. That's a dangerous privilege, and you don't need it.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:53 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
California wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:What was it people say about lefties shouting "fascist" in lieu of debate?
Unlike the left, I understand what it means. A good example to show people is exactly what you described
Fascist and authoritarian would suggest measures taken against the wishes of the public. As this was not and is not the case in the UK I humbly suggest that it is you that is understanding deficient in this case.
The public fully support Hitler, Musolini, Tito, and Franco, and even Lenin got in with public support that led to Stalin.

Authoritarian doesn't mean without public support, it simply means you have the nanny state making decisions for you
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:58 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:That's not the American way. A right is a right, you don't make it tougher for people to exercise a right, that's tyranny by stealth.
Ya I get....

But I don't envy them this particular right...

Don't want every chump picking up firearms....

You call it Tyranny... I call it Civilization.
Stop being hysterical.