What show are you watching right now?

StCapps

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:22 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
California wrote:I'm watching the new season of The Grand Tour. I can expect what that show is going to be and it never disappoints
Yeah, it's surprisingly good. Those guys have maintained quality like no other show on television.
It's been 15 episodes, talk about a small sample size when determining consistency.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:23 am

StCapps wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
California wrote:I'm watching the new season of The Grand Tour. I can expect what that show is going to be and it never disappoints
Yeah, it's surprisingly good. Those guys have maintained quality like no other show on television.
It's been 15 episodes, talk about a small sample size when determining consistency.
Obviously I'm talking about Top Gear as well. Don't be pedantic.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:25 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Obviously I'm talking about Top Gear as well. Don't be pedantic.
Then give credit to Top Gear, not The Grand Tour. You don't see me going around giving Better Call Saul credit for shit that Breaking Bad did, each show scores points on it's own merits.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:30 am

StCapps wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Obviously I'm talking about Top Gear as well. Don't be pedantic.
Then give credit to Top Gear, not The Grand Tour. You don't see me going around giving Better Call Saul credit for shit that Breaking Bad did, each show scores points on it's own merits.
Well it's not really a separate show, is it. It's the same show, jettisoned from the BBC to Amazon.

The fact that they could even keep it so similar in quality is absolutely amazing. There were a million ways for this to have been fucked, and it wasn't.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:33 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Well it's not really a separate show, is it. It's the same show, jettisoned from the BBC to Amazon.

The fact that they could even keep it so similar in quality is absolutely amazing. There were a million ways for this to have been fucked, and it wasn't.
It is a separate show, it might take place in the same universe as the original, but if it airs on another network and has a different title, then it's obviously different show, no matter how similar it is to the original or how many characters return from the old show.

Twin Peaks: The Return (2017 series), that isn't the same show as Twin Peaks (1990 series), even though some lazy folks think it's the same show because they got the band back together and the title includes Twin Peaks, but even that doesn't cut it, so shows with different titles on different networks definitely doesn't it.
/shrugs
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:42 am

StCapps wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
StCapps wrote:Then give credit to Top Gear, not The Grand Tour. You don't see me going around giving Better Call Saul credit for shit that Breaking Bad did, each show scores points on it's own merits.

It is a separate show, it might take place in the same universe as the original, but if it airs on another network and has a different title, then it's a different show, no matter how similar it is to the original or how many characters return from the old show.

For example, Twin Peaks: The Return (2017 series), that isn't the same show as Twin Peaks (1990 series), even though some lazy folks think it's the same show because they got the band back together and the title includes Twin Peaks, but that doesn't cut it.
/shrugs
That's like pretending that the Star Trek movies don't apply to the Star Trek series. Goofy.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:44 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
StCapps wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

It is a separate show, it might take place in the same universe as the original, but if it airs on another network and has a different title, then it's a different show, no matter how similar it is to the original or how many characters return from the old show.

For example, Twin Peaks: The Return (2017 series), that isn't the same show as Twin Peaks (1990 series), even though some lazy folks think it's the same show because they got the band back together and the title includes Twin Peaks, but that doesn't cut it.
/shrugs
That's like pretending that the Star Trek movies don't apply to the Star Trek series. Goofy.
No that is acknowledging that movies aren't part of the TV series, they are seperate entities. First Contact isn't part of TNG, just because the movie features the TNG cast, it is separately categorized from the TV series, and rightfully so, given that television and movies are two different mediums entirely. Star Trek: The Next Generation gets no extra bonus points because a movie was released called Star Trek: First Contact that takes place in the same universe as the show, both are to be judged on their own merits.

Not goofy, just logical.
/shrugs
*yip*

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:32 am

Rewatching "Travelers", season 1 right now. Was skeptical because I'm not so much into time travel sci-fi, but I've come to enjoy it.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:37 pm

StCapps wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
StCapps wrote:Then give credit to Top Gear, not The Grand Tour. You don't see me going around giving Better Call Saul credit for shit that Breaking Bad did, each show scores points on it's own merits.

It is a separate show, it might take place in the same universe as the original, but if it airs on another network and has a different title, then it's obviously different show, no matter how similar it is to the original or how many characters return from the old show.

Twin Peaks: The Return (2017 series), that isn't the same show as Twin Peaks (1990 series), even though some lazy folks think it's the same show because they got the band back together and the title includes Twin Peaks, but even that doesn't cut it, so shows with different titles on different networks definitely doesn't it.
/shrugs
Its not "fiction" and therefore incomparable.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:38 pm

California wrote:Its not "fiction" and therefore incomparable.
Still doesn't mean they are the same show, therefore your point is irrelevant.
/shrugs
*yip*