Civil War Doomsday Clock

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Civil War Doomsday Clock

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:51 pm

It’s almost as if the Silent Majority simply doesn’t give a shit about politics and power games.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:03 pm

Ph64 wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:41 am

Or you need a coordinated national effort. That doesn't get found/infiltrated by govt spooks. Good luck...…………………...

If you're gonna do that I'd rather see you practice your sharpshooting and just take out some politicians.
:| OK, this all started from the question of how a person resists a tyrannical occupying force without being a direct contact fighter. I posted this several pages ago.....
Here's the Leaflet I was referring to. It's a Strategic Services Manual. Clearly written for the Industrial age, but I'm sure it could be extrapolated to the digital age.
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/26184?m ... e_stranger
The point being, historically people have resisted and damaged the occupying forces quite effectively by little acts of sabotage and disobedience.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:52 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:03 pm
Ph64 wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:41 am

Or you need a coordinated national effort. That doesn't get found/infiltrated by govt spooks. Good luck...…………………...

If you're gonna do that I'd rather see you practice your sharpshooting and just take out some politicians.
:| OK, this all started from the question of how a person resists a tyrannical occupying force without being a direct contact fighter. I posted this several pages ago.....
Here's the Leaflet I was referring to. It's a Strategic Services Manual. Clearly written for the Industrial age, but I'm sure it could be extrapolated to the digital age.
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/26184?m ... e_stranger
The point being, historically people have resisted and damaged the occupying forces quite effectively by little acts of sabotage and disobedience.
Very true, but my point being that you are equating the government to "occupying forces"... And while *I* can get where you are coming from its probably going to take a lot more than you and me and some tiny say 1% of the population to mount any effective degree of "little acts of sabotage and disobedience".

The OSS manual I'm sure worked great in occupied WWII France, Poland, etc - the vast majority of the population hated the Nazis and certainly didn't see them as a valid government. The Nazis were unquestionably, even by colluders, an "occupying force". Do you really think any sizable percentage of the US population (or any western country) actually sees their govt as an occupying force? What does it take to be effective - 5%, 10%, 20%?

Obviously it can be done. The CIA has done it lots of times. Somehow rarely bloodless though, and often the "new boss" winds up being as bad or worse than the "old boss". Civil wars/revolutions don't have a great track record of remaining bloodless and/or winding up with things better after - it's probably the exception, not the rule.

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:17 am

America’s Next Civil War Will Be Worse Than Our Last: viewtopic.php?p=199246#p199246

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:06 am

It will be worse because there are no clear borders. It's more like the situation preceding the Spanish Civil War. That one was fucking awful. Upwards of 2 million people were killed, most of them civilians.

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:20 am

Yep, McClanahan gives a nod to David Hackett Fischer and Albion's Seed (which he does fairly regularly) in the episode, which informs his diagnosis of late-stage Yankeeism. He also mentions that we are all in the orbit of New England Puritans now. Think locally, act locally. We're all behind enemy lines in this one.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:25 am

I am fairly resigned to it, honestly. If the left ever regains power, they are going to pretty much follow the same path as their Spanish republican forebears, which will result in a more brutal response than the fucking Spanish nationalist ever had the stomach for. But it's only a matter of time before they do it because the republican party are fucking assholes that can't clean up their own party and do something about stopping this before it's too late. Just be prepared, I guess, even though luck has more to do with survival than anything else.

I think people don't want to accept how evil and how murderous the American left actually is.

Anybody who wants to understand where this current trend in the left takes you needs to read up on that Spanish Civil War. Their left was eerily similar to our own.

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:30 am

Malice has the 411 on the GOP, c. 2018:

The GOP ain't your friend, Palooka.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:32 am

Fife wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:30 am
Malice has the 411 on the GOP, c. 2018:

The GOP ain't your friend, Palooka.
Deaf leading the blind...
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:32 am

Never said they were our friends. We have to take over that fucking party and drive out the neocons and libertarians if we want to prevent this. It's literally the only option we have before the democrats win Washington back and you really will see the state violence roll out in spades.

Conservatism is a fucking joke. You won't ever hear me saying anything different.