How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Martin Hash

Re: How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Post by Martin Hash » Fri May 05, 2017 2:03 pm

No contract works without an adversarial relationship. The "your brother cuts & you get to pick which half" method of negotiation ensures self-interested feedback that discourages resentment & envy. So many people misuse the "it's a win-win situation" homily that they've confused everybody into thinking such a thing exists. Listen, if you were KING then everything is win-lose, but otherwise, it's lose-lose.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri May 05, 2017 2:06 pm

Kath wrote:
Fife wrote:
What is the referent of "it?" I don't understand.
Your in favor of a social safety net but you don't want to fund it. How's that work?
I didn't say "social" safety net. What does that mean, a state safety net?

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri May 05, 2017 2:18 pm

Kath wrote:
StCapps wrote: you are well passed the point where you need to bring up the extremes on either side as if anyone actually wants to push those ideas as "solutions".
Wrong. Most of the peeps in this thread have no idea what they do and don't want. Okee - If people want to get healthy they should save up their money to pay for it. I bought my own house.

That's not an indication that he agrees that it needs to be somewhere in the middle. Not even close. I'm talking to THOSE people.
I reject your premise.

Crying over dying babies as an argument doesn't interest me. Stepping over bodies on the street doesn't interest me. That's all hyperbole and make believe. My home town doesn't own a snow plow, but I guess they're gonna have to get one now, huh? We're gonna be stackin' bodies like cord wood.

Yeah, nah. I'm not gonna try to have a discussion where we have to reject reality and accept a fiction as our starting point.

/turns to the side

Hey guys, it seems to me that we need to find a way so that people can afford healthcare when they're old and need it most commonly. That's the biggest piece of the pie that I'm seeing. Surgeries and medications that keep people alive longer than they would live otherwise. Speaker talked a little about it a couple weeks back. Those last twenty years from 70 to 90 rack up a lot of hospital visits.

I think there should be better plans designed to pay for care, and I think changes should be made within the healthcare industry to bring down prices. Both are needed.

Forcing young healthy people to pay for the end of life care for boomers was one method that we tried. I wasn't for it. It didn't work. I want the mandate gone. I'm reading this replaces it with a different fine, so it's still fucking there.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri May 05, 2017 2:28 pm

Quick rundown

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri May 05, 2017 2:34 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Forcing young healthy people to pay for the end of life care for boomers was one method that we tried. I wasn't for it. It didn't work. I want the mandate gone. I'm reading this replaces it with a different fine, so it's still fucking there.
Every Republican plan about anything is so people who have money can keep it, and fuck everyone else, especially those getting started.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Fri May 05, 2017 2:47 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fife wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:You're purity spiraling, Fife. We are not talking about what sounds nice or seems all neatly consistent. This is the real world.

I don't want poor people dying for lack of health insurance in my country. Neither do most other Americans.

I guarantee you that a Medicare for all option would be favored by most Americans. If Trump took up the cause, he could probably unseat half the freedom caucus in the midterms with primary challengers who do support it.

The let's just let people due approach is about as useful and meaningful as shit in a taco shell. Get real.
You're purity spiraling. And you're doing a pretty bang-up job on the Instant Hitler fallacy as well.

Lol.

I am all for various creative solutions, but at the end of the day, we are a dysfunctional nation of mismatched cultures and identities who have nothing in common except borders, which don't even exist in effect any longer. We are not going to be able to make more perfect solutions to a complex problem. That much Dukenog has right. We lost the ability to make creative solutions to problems in the 1960s when we opened up immigration to all. Those days are gone.

Right here, right now, we have to settle on what works.
We have always been that. What is different is the politics of divide, and conquer, that is now standard politics, with creating a dysfunctional society as a goal.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri May 05, 2017 2:48 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:Forcing young healthy people to pay for the end of life care for boomers was one method that we tried. I wasn't for it. It didn't work. I want the mandate gone. I'm reading this replaces it with a different fine, so it's still fucking there.
Every Republican plan about anything is so people who have money can keep it, and fuck everyone else, especially those getting started.
If I remember correctly, not a single republican voted for the ACA and its mandate, and not a single democrat voted for its nominal repeal.

I know nothing actually got repealed, but if that's the fiction they're presenting, I'm gonna hold them as though they actually voted for what they said they were voting on.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 05, 2017 3:07 pm

jbird4049 wrote:
Fife wrote:
You're purity spiraling. And you're doing a pretty bang-up job on the Instant Hitler fallacy as well.

Lol.

I am all for various creative solutions, but at the end of the day, we are a dysfunctional nation of mismatched cultures and identities who have nothing in common except borders, which don't even exist in effect any longer. We are not going to be able to make more perfect solutions to a complex problem. That much Dukenog has right. We lost the ability to make creative solutions to problems in the 1960s when we opened up immigration to all. Those days are gone.

We have always been that. What is different is the politics of divide, and conquer, that is now standard politics, with creating a dysfunctional society as a goal.

Negative. You are operating under a false myth with which you were indoctrinated to accept the system you were born into.

The US that put humans on the Moon and cured diseases was vast majority white. The US was 85% white in the 1960 census.

You should assume what you were taught in government school, and what you hear on television is false. Look up the actual data.

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Fri May 05, 2017 3:12 pm

jbird4049 wrote:

Lol.

Negative. You are operating under a false myth with which you were indoctrinated to accept the system you were born into.

The US that put humans on the Moon and cured diseases was vast majority white. The US was 85% white in the 1960 census.

You should assume what you were taught in government school, and what you hear on television is false. Look up the actual data.

I don't watch television, and I read books, although I did/do go to public schools.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 05, 2017 3:20 pm

jbird4049 wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:

I don't watch television, and I read books, although I did/do go to public schools.

Well, you are espousing a false myth, however you were programmed to believe it. One need only look at the 1960 census to see it is wrong.